Wine package

lrk

It's still listed on their website, so I'm guessing yes.  I could be wrong, though.  Never bought it myself but have seen it advertised on all my cruises.

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1358/~/cruise-the-vineyards-wine-packages-program

'Cruise the Vineyards' Wine Packages Program

Enjoy great discounts on wine packages when you purchase wines offered through our exclusive 'Cruise the Vineyards' wine program. Wines from around the world are featured in three packages to satisfy both the wine novice and the more adventurous wine consumer. 'Cruise the Vineyards' wine packages allow you to enjoy your favorite wine at a discounted price or to explore new wines from the wide assortment of wines offered in these packages. 

Cruise the Vineyards' can be purchased on board our ships (ask your dining room wait staff) or by calling The Fun Shops department at 800-522-7648, Monday through Friday, 9:00am-10:00pm ET and Saturday and Sunday, 9:00am-6:00pm ET. Cruise the Vineyards is not offered online.

• Packages feature wines from Italy, California, Washington, Oregon, Chile, Argentina, Germany, France, Spain, Australia and New Zealand,  
  • You may drink the wine in the dining room only.
  • Unconsumed wine will not be refunded but you may take home unopened bottles.

Wine Package
3 Wines for $77.00 | 5 Wines for $119.00
Sparkling, Wycliff, ‘Brut’, California
Pinot Grigio, Mezzacorona, Delle Venezie, Italy
Pinot Grigio, GIFFT, Monterey County, California
Sauvignon Blanc, Santa Helena, Central Valley, Chile
Chardonnay, Santa Helena, Central Valley, Chile
Chenin Blanc, Baron Herzog, California
Riesling, Leonard Kreusch, Germany
Rosé, GIFFT, Monterey County, California
White Zinfandel, Canyon Road, California
Merlot, Santa Helena, Central Valley, Chile
Cabernet Sauvignon, Santa Helena, Central Valley, Chile

Premium WIne Package
3 Wines for $108.00 | 5 Wines for $168.00
Sparkling, Domaine Ste. Michelle, ‘Brut’, Columbia Valley, Washington
Sparkling Rosé, Domaine Ste. Michelle, ‘Brut Rosé’, Columbia Valley, Washington
Pinot Grigio, Ecco Domani, Delle Venezie, Italy
Pinot Grigio, Santa Margherita, Alto Adige, Delle Venezie, Italy
Pinot Gris, J Vineyards, California
Sauvignon Blanc, McBride Sisters, Marlborough, New Zealand
Sauvignon Blanc, Kendall Jackson, ‘Vintner’s Reserve’, California
Sauvignon Blanc, Spy Valley, Marlborough, New Zealand
Chardonnay, Chateau Ste. Michelle, Columbia Valley, Washington
Chardonnay, Kendall Jackson, ‘Vintner’s Reserve’, California
Chardonnay, McBride Sisters, Central Coast, California
Chardonnay, Cave de Lugny, Macon-Lugny, ‘Les Charmes’, Burgundy, France
Chardonnay, La Crema, Monterey County, California
Moscato, Stemmari, Terre Siciliane, Italy
Viognier, Maison Les Alexandrins, France
Riesling, Albrecht, ‘Tradition’, Alsace, France
Rosé, Gerard Bertrand, ‘Côte des Roses’, Languedoc, France
Pinot Noir, Ryder Estate, Central Coast, California
Pinot Noir, Kendall Jackson, ‘Vintner’s Reserve’, California
Pinot Noir, Sokol Blosser, ‘Evolution’, Willamette Valley, Oregon
Zinfandel, Cline, Lodi, California
Merlot, Columbia Crest, Columbia Valley, Washington
Merlot, Kendall Jackson, ‘Vintner’s Reserve’, Sonoma County, California
Cabernet Sauvignon, Murphy Goode, California
Cabernet Sauvignon, Hess Select, North Coast, California
Cabernet Sauvignon, J. Lohr, ‘Seven Oaks’, Paso Robles, California
Côtes du Rhône, Maison Castel, Rhône Valley, France
Tempranillo/Garnacha, Martin Codax, ‘Ergo’, Rioja, Spain
Chianti Classico Riserva, D’Aquino, Tuscany, Italy
Shiraz, Peter Lehmann, ‘Portrait’, Barossa Valley, Australia
Shiraz, Grant Burge, ‘5th Generation’, Barossa Valley, Australia
Malbec, Catena, Mendoza, Argentina
  • Like 1

The "Sparkling Rosé, Domaine Ste. Michelle, ‘Brut Rosé’, Columbia Valley, Washington" is pretty good for an inexpensive sparkling wine...although, I might be confusing it with Chandon's Brut Rose which I think they do carry on Carnival.  

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
44 minutes ago, Avalon35 said:

Can you bring the bottles to dinner with you? 

Hi @Avalon35🍷🙂🍷

The answer is listed in reply #2 of this thread.

I'll also drop the same info below. 

Look for:

(You may drink the wine in the dining room only)

Not certain if you can bring it or have it delivered to a specialty restaurant. Hopefully another member can answer that. 

20230507-143740.jpg

20230507-143708.jpg

Click on the link for the above information:

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1358/~/cruise-the-vineyards-wine-packages-program

🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷

Edited by ObstructedView2

We get it every cruise..you do NOT have to drink it in dining room only unless something has changed. The give you vouchers and you can get a bottle at any bar to bring to cabin, or give to wait staff if you want it in the dining room.

10 hours ago, pinto18 said:

We get it every cruise..you do NOT have to drink it in dining room only unless something has changed. The give you vouchers and you can get a bottle at any bar to bring to cabin, or give to wait staff if you want it in the dining room.

Yep, if it is only for the dining room then they may not sell many packages.  Some people don't even go to the dining room once.  We like the package too and will remember to ask if you can use it a bars and specialty dining just in case it has changed.

15 minutes ago, sea07224 said:

Can you purchase with the cheers program and get the 25% discount?

I don't think so.  

But why would you need to buy bottles of wine if you can get individual glasses of wine as part of Cheers? 

• Like 2

I've never cruised with Carnival before. The cruise line we have used we had our 2 free bottles we carried on then we were able to bring our own favorite wine and just check them in and pay a corking fee for each extra bottle. Does Carnival do this?

1 hour ago, Paula B said:

I've never cruised with Carnival before. The cruise line we have used we had our 2 free bottles we carried on then we were able to bring our own favorite wine and just check them in and pay a corking fee for each extra bottle. Does Carnival do this?

No, Carnival is one per person. I think NCL does that..the one time we said NCL we brought a few bottles and were prepared to pay a corkage fee..they had a table set up near embarkation but we were confused, walked on by with all the wine and never paid the fee ..shhh dont tell! ( It was a few years ago)

12 hours ago, staceyglow said:

I don't think so.  

But why would you need to buy bottles of wine if you can get individual glasses of wine as part of Cheers? 

Not all wines are sold by the glass. And we like to have a bottle at dinner. I have always had cheers in every cruise, but have always wandered of the wine package was available at the discount of 25% with cheers.

36 minutes ago, sea07224 said:

Not all wines are sold by the glass. And we like to have a bottle at dinner. I have always had cheers in every cruise, but have always wandered of the wine package was available at the discount of 25% with cheers.

Good point about the wines not available by the glass, but again, I doubt that they give you a Cheers discount on them. Bottles of wine are sharable, and you aren't supposed to share your Cheers package. They don't let you buy buckets of beer with Cheers, either. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/9/2023 at 9:13 AM, staceyglow said:

Good point about the wines not available by the glass, but again, I doubt that they give you a Cheers discount on them. Bottles of wine are sharable, and you aren't supposed to share your Cheers package. They don't let you buy buckets of beer with Cheers, either. 

i am saddened how people post opinions as if it was fact. Carnival does in fact allow purchase of full bottles and does in fact offer a 25% discount for cheers package guests. Since the wine package saves you “up to” 25%, it’s actually cheaper to buy bottles individually through the cheers discount.https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3525/~/cheers!-beverage-program-q%26as#:~:text=The program does include a,at a 25 percent discount.  

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Beer knurd said:

i am saddened how people post opinions as if it was fact. Carnival does in fact allow purchase of full bottles and does in fact offer a 25% discount for cheers package guests. Since the wine package saves you “up to” 25%, it’s actually cheaper to buy bottles individually through the cheers discount.https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3525/~/cheers!-beverage-program-q%26as#:~:text=The program does include a,at a 25 percent discount.  

Thanks for clarifying, but I believe the original question was whether or not you can buy a wine package at a 25% discount with Cheers, and the answer appears to be "no".  

Edited by staceyglow

1 minute ago, staceyglow said:

Thanks for clarifying, but I believe the original question was whether or not you can buy a wine package at a 25% discount with Cheers, and the answer appears to be "no".  

Your response was that carnival would not allow full bottle purchase. Not only do they allow it, but they give a 25% discount. Just plain bad info.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, staceyglow said:

Correct, no reason to buy the Wine Package if you have Cheers as glasses of wine up $20 are included and you can buy a bottle at 25% off. 

• Like 2

On 5/8/2023 at 9:04 PM, pinto18 said:

No, Carnival is one per person. I think NCL does that..the one time we said NCL we brought a few bottles and were prepared to pay a corkage fee..they had a table set up near embarkation but we were confused, walked on by with all the wine and never paid the fee ..shhh dont tell! ( It was a few years ago)

If you have any beverage package,  which most do as the Free at Sea promotion perk, then you can bring on as much wine as you wish, free of charge

If you do not have a beverage package the. NCL has a  $15/bottle corkage fee 

3 hours ago, MagnoliaBlossom said:

If you have any beverage package,  which most do as the Free at Sea promotion perk, then you can bring on as much wine as you wish, free of charge

If you do not have a beverage package the. NCL has a  $15/bottle corkage fee 

Yes that's true now. This was before the "free at sea" became a thing and so we didnt buy the package 

Yes, FAS has been a game changer.  The prepaid gratuities on the beverages are $20/d so it is quite a savings if you drink more than one drink a day.  Where they do get you, though, is if you upgrade to the premium package and they from time to time move a popular brand from FAS to Premium.  Recently it was Grey Goose.  But if you go over your $15/ drink allowance yu just pay the difference. 

Edited by MagnoliaBlossom

So if I understand the above correctly, if I have cheers, when I go to dinner in the MDR I can order a bottle of wine and receive a discount. Also this bottle will not count towards the cheers drink limit. Can you also order a bottle at the buffet bar and the same applies?

18 minutes ago, bruce85 said:

So if I understand the above correctly, if I have cheers, when I go to dinner in the MDR I can order a bottle of wine and receive a discount. Also this bottle will not count towards the cheers drink limit. Can you also order a bottle at the buffet bar and the same applies?

Might count as one but that isn't 100%. Preordered drinks do not count. I'm talking about  the wine, champagne, beer, and bottles of liquor that you order to be delivered to your stateroom. 

• Thanks 1

Do you add the gratuities to the package price?  Any advantage to calling a booking the package vs. buying it on the cruise? 

Any problems with nonavailabllity of wines that are listed?  We had that happen once on another line and they would not substitute the missing wine with one of the same varietal. 

Really like that Cruise the Vineyards is an option.

Thanks.

2 hours ago, happy cruzer said:

Do you add the gratuities to the package price?  Any advantage to calling a booking the package vs. buying it on the cruise? 

Any problems with nonavailabllity of wines that are listed?  We had that happen once on another line and they would not substitute the missing wine with one of the same varietal. 

Really like that Cruise the Vineyards is an option.

Thanks.

The gratuities are added to the package price when you purchase it with your sign and sail card.  Remember that fact because each bottle will arrive when you want it, with a slip that has a tip line.  I draw a line through it because I've already paid it.  You do what you want.

I was able to receive the wines I requested off of the list that's on your wine package chits. I had the premier wine package which has more wines to select from.

I think it's a great option as well.

• Like 1