Our S2S Adventure - Freedom / Spirit (with pics) - 1/7/23

Jamman54

Here are some views as we walked along the beach…..

i-5mB8KBh-X2.jpg

i-fbbDf5c-X2.jpg

i-sKWN8mX-X2.jpg

i-hmNd353-X2.jpg

i-b9WCjPd-X2.jpg

i-zbX6n4G-X2.jpg

It was time to find me a Husband Daycare. There were many choices along the way including the famous Elbow Room, which was there fifty years ago, but I chose Sol Luna right across from the beach. See me at the outside bar?

i-RbBSphW-X2.jpg

Here are a couple of views inside Sol Luna…..

i-5mNRQnR-X2.jpg

i-9Rp8G4G-X2.jpg

Patti left me to continue exploring. A few blocks away she found a Hooters, so she texted me asking if I wanted to move, but I decided to stay where I was…..

i-vZWtwJs-X2.jpg

To be continued……

• Like 9

Apparently, there is a Food & Wine Festival taking place now…..

i-6PdQwSr-X2.jpg

This park across from the beach is being used for the festival. An artist is painting floor murals for the festival…..

i-QzVc5MN-X2.jpg

i-WN5tQkr-X2.jpg

i-wV9nbzj-X2.jpg

i-rgwRxMx-X2.jpg

Patti notices that it’s starting to cloud up, so she comes back to Sol Luna and has a drink. We decide to leave and have a late lunch at Bokamper’s, which is off of Oakland Park Blvd. in the northern part of Fort Lauderdale…..

i-5mKCZnt-X2.jpg

i-mZcB5QV-X2.jpg

We have made it to Bokamper’s. It is on the Intercoastal Waterway and is the most northern stop if you want to use the water taxi’s…..

i-CmNP7D7-X2.jpg

A couple of views inside of Bokamper’s…..

i-zzPJB8h-X2.jpg

i-wG8NFvG-X2.jpg

To be continued…..

• Like 13

We chose to sit inside which was lucky for us, since shortly after we arrived the winds began howling and a torrential rain began. Even though the outside patio is covered, the winds blew the rain inside, and everyone scrambled for cover…..

i-tjFsFD8-X2.jpg

i-L7RFGC3-X2.jpg

i-dsKDqbD-X2.jpg

i-ZBdhqmC-X2.jpg

i-pRgnJDn-X2.jpg

i-Wchp5pK-X2.jpg

They did manage to get everyone reseated pretty quickly. Here are the menus…..

i-MxZfrkS-X2.jpg

i-QXB6hDZ-X2.jpg

i-9jZqKq6-X2.jpg

To be continued……

• Like 9

We’ve got our drinks…..

i-7xSnjpf-X2.jpg

Patti had a cheeseburger and fries…..

i-zGkCTgq-X2.jpg

I had the Southwest rolls and the blackened chicken mac & cheese…..

i-TB9rNGR-X2.jpg

i-XVjBNgL-X2.jpg

All the food was delicious. We watched the Yacht Biscayne Lady sail by. She can be chartered. She had to wait for the Oakland Park Blvd. bridge to be opened so she could pass…..

i-3DkS8Nq-X2.jpg

i-gR4Kjcm-X2.jpg

i-GSKnVbs-X2.jpg

After a few drinks we decided to head back to the hotel. You could feel the drop in the temperature. Again, we passed by the Fort Lauderdale Airport…..

i-wDcgbJV-X2.jpg

i-Qj6JSTg-X2.jpg

After stops at Walgreen’s and for gas, we made it back to the hotel at 5:30. We worked on getting our luggage ready and tagged for tomorrow. Later on, we loaded up our luggage into our car. This way we didn’t have to worry about finding a luggage cart and an empty elevator in the morning! We grabbed some snacks from the little market and hung out in the room the rest of the evening.

Coming up next: We board the Carnival Spirit!!!

• Like 14

28 minutes ago, Jamman54 said:

Here are some views as we walked along the beach…..

i-5mB8KBh-X2.jpg

i-fbbDf5c-X2.jpg

i-sKWN8mX-X2.jpg

i-hmNd353-X2.jpg

i-b9WCjPd-X2.jpg

i-zbX6n4G-X2.jpg

It was time to find me a Husband Daycare. There were many choices along the way including the famous Elbow Room, which was there fifty years ago, but I chose Sol Luna right across from the beach. See me at the outside bar?

i-RbBSphW-X2.jpg

Here are a couple of views inside Sol Luna…..

i-5mNRQnR-X2.jpg

i-9Rp8G4G-X2.jpg

Patti left me to continue exploring. A few blocks away she found a Hooters, so she texted me asking if I wanted to move, but I decided to stay where I was…..

i-vZWtwJs-X2.jpg

To be continued……

Just a little tip for the boys…if your wife ever “asks” if you wanna go to Hooters, the answer is ALWAYS no 😂😂

Edited by Elsammo46
  • Haha 7

Signing on. Will be on the Spirit in April. Did the Pride many times out of Baltimore so assuming it’s similar other than decor. Enjoyed your Mardi Gras review. Not on her till next year but she sounds like a great ship!

Your Patti is a lovely lady! Always dressed so cute!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Elsammo46 said:

Just a little tip for the boys…if your wife ever “asks” if you wanna go to Hooters, the answer is ALWAYS no 😂😂

Patti loves the wings at Hooters! 😁

19 minutes ago, jamscckmc said:

Signing on. Will be on the Spirit in April. Did the Pride many times out of Baltimore so assuming it’s similar other than decor. Enjoyed your Mardi Gras review. Not on her till next year but she sounds like a great ship!

Your Patti is a lovely lady! Always dressed so cute!

Thanks for reading and your kind words. You made Patti's day! Yes, the Spirit is the same as the Pride, so you'll know your way around as soon as you board. 😎

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Jamman54 said:

We took a ride up Las Olas Blvd……..

i-7VpTVfW-X2.jpg

i-NWgqTsq-X2.jpg

i-MTq2ZsD-X2.jpg

i-C3j7zSg-X2.jpg

i-wPSfc5G-X2.jpg

i-4GBRS2W-X2.jpg

i-49H5Pkb-X2.jpg

We came back to A1A, parked our car, and crossed over to the beach…..

i-kskCtk6-X2.jpg

i-jb7FXsd-X2.jpg

To be continued……

Had so many great times there when I lived in Lauderdale about 20 years ago. Thanks for the memories!!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, iheartmarshall said:

Your reviews have always been my favorite!  I told my husband that I want to be like you and Patti when we grow up. 😂

That's so cute! Thanks for following along! :classic_laugh:

1 hour ago, TxTeach79 said:

Had so many great times there when I lived in Lauderdale about 20 years ago. Thanks for the memories!!

I didn't know that. I spent two to three weeks down there every March from 1973 thru 1981! :classic_biggrin:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Day # 11 – (January 14th) – We board the Carnival Spirit!

We were up at 6am to a sunny but chilly 48 degree day. We showered and dressed, and then made our way downstairs to the hotel breakfast area. Plenty of choices here…..

i-bpkn73f-X2.jpg

i-SGd85wP-X2.jpg

i-zGpsJqb-X2.jpg

i-b6j95t8-X2.jpg

i-r58nHjN-X2.jpg

i-7qqTXPj-X2.jpg

i-MxnrFTp-X2.jpg

i-v6555nC-X2.jpg

i-DrwNRTf-X2.jpg

i-p3CpQVp-X2.jpg

i-Ffbvwzx-X2.jpg

i-KDf8Z4z-X2.jpg

i-Tx66KQF-X2.jpg

These were our first two plates…..

i-rbLWb2M-X2.jpg

i-dKjB8bh-X2.jpg

To be continued.......

Edited by Jamman54
  • Like 9

After breakfast we checked out, and then re-arranged our bags in the car, making them ready for the porters. We hit the road at 8:30am and we’re heading for Miami….

i-bRFgZ84-X2.jpg

i-zhSJ95M-X2.jpg

i-hRZhFkH-X2.jpg

i-wTXTMmR-X2.jpg

i-MBVMpFH-X2.jpg

We are going to take the tunnel into Dodge Island…..

i-tKgVmPf-X2.jpg

Before we entered the tunnel we could see Virgin’s Valiant Lady, Celebrity Summit, and Carnival Sunrise across the way…..

i-XQhMPNs-X2.jpg

Here’s another view of the Carnival Sunrise…..

i-LB3j63V-X2.jpg

We are heading into the tunnel……

i-9s5zD7R-X2.jpg

Coming out of the tunnel we follow the signs to the Cruise Terminals….

i-csNMWtC-X2.jpg

This was our first glimpse of the Carnival Spirit….

i-dV6grt9-X2.jpg

To be continued……

• Like 9

We are pulling up to the Carnival Spirit at Terminal “D”……

i-7RS3zbL-X2.jpg

i-4Sww9Mn-X2.jpg

Straight ahead in the distance is the Valiant Lady. Our CC friend Megan will be boarding her later today…..

i-Z8FggNL-X2.jpg

After dropping off our luggage with the porters, we parked in the parking garage right across the street. We got a great space right on the first level. We grabbed our carry-ons and got into the priority line right at 9:15. Boy was it cold outside!

Thankfully they let us in at 9:30. The check in process was very quick and smooth. Since this cruise is stopping at Grand Turk, they did ask to see our vaccination cards, which we provided. By 9:45 we were upstairs in the terminal building…..

i-gsGZcxR-X2.jpg

As priority, we were directed to a large room in the back. It soon became apparent that they were directing everyone back into this room, so in effect there was no priority lounge here at Terminal “D”. I was concerned that when boarding started it would be chaos. Nothing we could do about it, so Patti went over to the windows and began taking pictures…..

i-GmRJbzD-X2.jpg

i-FcNkd3d-X2.jpg

i-99MfSdF-X2.jpg

i-b8DhRMh-X2.jpg

The announcement was made that when boarding began it would be done in the following order: Diamonds, Suites, Platinum, FTTF, and then boarding zones. Boarding began about 10:35, and they were very diligent about checking boarding passes to make sure that nobody jumped the line. Here we are boarding the Carnival Spirit…..

i-g4gcDrq-X2.jpg

i-wBHnMhj-X2.jpg

i-zxLwzVj-X2.jpg

i-b4SFDgG-X2.jpg

i-swV9BLp-X2.jpg

To be continued…..

• Like 11

Very interesting since they never asked for our vaccine cards when we got on the Spirit the week before. And we all got off the ship on Grand Turk without being asked.

“Thankfully they let us in at 9:30. The check in process was very quick and smooth. Since this cruise is stopping at Grand Turk, they did ask to see our vaccination cards, which weprovided.” 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Tobleronebar said:

Very interesting since they never asked for our vaccine cards when we got on the Spirit the week before. And we all got off the ship on Grand Turk without being asked.

“Thankfully they let us in at 9:30. The check in process was very quick and smooth. Since this cruise is stopping at Grand Turk, they did ask to see our vaccination cards, which we provided.” 

I had read that some people were just asked if they were vaccinated, others like us, had to show their vaccination cards, and some weren't asked at all. Guess it depends on who checks you in. No big deal to us anyway. :classic_cool:

• Like 3

I have absolutely no idea what I’ve been doing with my life before now, but I’m so happy that I pulled it together enuff to catch this fan freaking tastic review by my brother from another mother! As always, Patti is working the hades outta that camera! This is 2 snaps and a circle good! 👏🏾👏🏾👏🏾 

This is now me waiting for the rest of this review! 

DE19EFD5-1B4C-4EEE-8552-CF391F54A9BA.thumb.jpeg.11becc25cf48201a163d19eccf5ab7e8.jpeg

Edited by willdra
Running on my treadmill so I can’t spell.
  • Like 4
  • Haha 20

36 minutes ago, willdra said:

I have absolutely no idea what I’ve been doing with my life before now, but I’m so happy that I pulled it together enuff to catch this fan freaking tastic review by my brother from another mother! As always, Patti is working the hades outta that camera! This is 2 snaps and a circle good! 👏🏾👏🏾👏🏾 

This is now me waiting for the rest of this review! 

DE19EFD5-1B4C-4EEE-8552-CF391F54A9BA.thumb.jpeg.11becc25cf48201a163d19eccf5ab7e8.jpeg

You crack us up girl! We need to do another cruise together sometime in the near future! :classic_biggrin:

• Like 8

We stepped aboard the Carnival Spirit right at 10:45. Now that we are aboard here are today’s “Fun Times”…..

i-Dz9gRGR-X2.jpg

i-VpBrsR2-X2.jpg

The first thing we did once on board was head to our Muster Station. We were assigned to Muster Station “B” which was on Deck 3 port side, all the way forward. They scanned our boarding passes and then asked us if we knew how to put on a life jacket. When we told them yes, they said we were free to go. Very easy! We then went to our cabin to drop off our carry-ons. Our cabin is 7188 on the Verandah Deck, port side, halfway between the forward and mid-ship elevators……

i-RZbnSmK-X2.jpg

i-NNg2pVj-X2.jpg

i-nH9Tz7c-X2.jpg

i-ZfsJBc9-X2.jpg

i-jsBJrPf-X2.jpg

i-93WvkbN-X2.jpg

i-VrNGjcz-X2.jpg

i-RTkjLrm-X2.jpg

This is our balcony…..

i-QmF3Kk5-X2.jpg

To be continued……

• Like 9

3 minutes ago, Jamman54 said:

We stepped aboard the Carnival Spirit right at 10:45. Now that we are aboard here are today’s “Fun Times”…..

i-Dz9gRGR-X2.jpg

i-VpBrsR2-X2.jpg

The first thing we did once on board was head to our Muster Station. We were assigned to Muster Station “B” which was on Deck 3 port side, all the way forward. They scanned our boarding passes and then asked us if we knew how to put on a life jacket. When we told them yes, they said we were free to go. Very easy! We then went to our cabin to drop off our carry-ons. Our cabin is 7188 on the Verandah Deck, port side, halfway between the forward and mid-ship elevators……

i-RZbnSmK-X2.jpg

i-NNg2pVj-X2.jpg

i-nH9Tz7c-X2.jpg

i-ZfsJBc9-X2.jpg

i-jsBJrPf-X2.jpg

i-93WvkbN-X2.jpg

i-VrNGjcz-X2.jpg

i-RTkjLrm-X2.jpg

This is our balcony…..

i-QmF3Kk5-X2.jpg

To be continued……

Loving this review. We boarded The Horizon the day you and Patti returned. Much better weather. 

• Like 3

We weren’t hungry for lunch yet, so Patti was going to begin her picture tour, while I went to the Red Frog Rum Bar. Patti started with the Nouveau Restaurant, which is the Steakhouse on the Spirit, located on Deck 10 under the funnel…….

i-6hc5mxf-X2.jpg

i-WJVtkn9-X2.jpg

i-WLHk4XX-X2.jpg

i-BZG2JGB-X2.jpg

i-3PmzrCr-X2.jpg

i-XDRzHzh-X2.jpg

i-WTHv7pQ-X2.jpg

This is the glass staircase in the Atrium which goes from the Nouveau Restaurant to the Lido Restaurant, (La Playa Grille). Pretty scary walking down that thing!

i-JR8259b-X2.jpg

i-j4M8gwz-X2.jpg

To be continued…..

• Like 7

Patti goes down those stairs and heads mid ship to Guy’s Burger Joint…..

i-RGx7Vbq-X2.jpg

i-4QVGFNR-X2.jpg

i-wzgzfSX-X2.jpg

i-FFJnDSs-X2.jpg

i-QPkqMVT-X2.jpg

i-XbFfTj9-X2.jpg

This is the mid-ship Dome Pool looking towards the Blue Iguana Tequila Bar and the Red Frog Rum Bar…..

i-9XPDCDt-X2.jpg

Patti checks out the Blue Iguana Cantina…..

i-mjBMmRd-X2.jpg

i-63F7f8f-X2.jpg

i-WNDpPwr-X2.jpg

To be continued…..

• Like 8
  • Haha 2