Question about in room AquaClass amenities (fitness equipment)

jean87510

Today I received an email asking me to select from a menu of fitness equipment for my upcoming sailing.  I have seen a lot of posts about Blu but not much about this.  I'm going on the Equinox.  Does the Spa Concierge actually deliver the items to your room?  I know yoga mats are in there.  Was actually pleasantly surprised to see this menu as well.  Screenshot_20230126_143750.thumb.jpg.f01179226fc25fa088614014c4bf522e.jpg

4 minutes ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

I've only stayed in Aqua one time and it was on a M class ship.  We didn't receive this list of items to select from so maybe it's unique to S class.  I had to laugh at the boxing bag and gloves.  That would certainly be a trick to set up in your stateroom!

Yes I liked the bench myself as well as the boxing bag and gloves.  My neighbors would hate me and I would probably be on a post on cruise critic post cruise - "Instead of deck chairs moving about, I had some person jumping around their cabin."  

• Haha 2

We sailed Aqua Class this past Summer and the selected fitness equipment was in our cabin when we arrived.

Note that your cabin attendant will take the fitness equipment away during the last full day of your cruise. Perhaps so you will not "accidentally" take any of it home with you?

• Like 1

Just now, boxkite said:

We sailed Aqua Class this past Summer and the selected fitness equipment was in our cabin when we arrived.

Note that your cabin attendant will take the fitness equipment away during the last full day of your cruise. Perhaps so you will not "accidentally" take any of it home with you?

Would you mind sharing what fitness equipment you selected?  This is very intriguing.  

Last time we were in Aqua (S Class), there were already a couple of brand-new yoga mats in the cabin. I did take one to a yoga class, but only once. The new yoga mat was a bit slippery, and, in my experience, they have to be worn in. I ended up using the well-worn gym mats for class. Of course, well-wiped before and after!

Never got the email, but I'll certainly be on the lookout for one on our next Aqua sailing.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, boxkite said:

It is my understanding that yoga mats are in the closet of all Aqua cabins.

Hmnnn ... I guess that you're probably right. But the menu for additional amenities is kinda cool. As long as they keep offering it, I'm sure I could find something useful.

41 minutes ago, Cdncruisecpl said:

I got this email today.  No one else in my party did though.  Soooooo..how does it work.

There are 4 of us going.  Us, and another couple (in another room).  Do all 4 get this?  Or is it per stateroom?  

Per stateroom.  I'll be on the Equinox in AquaClass on the 18th.  I plan to do a review of all perks of this category.  I can only find endless conversations about Blu.  Not much about the other perks.  So yes, I'll take pictures of what we got with the fitness menu.  

If the other couple is in AquaClass, they should get the same email.  

• Like 1

Travel nearly exclusively AQ

1)  I get this email about 70%

2)  If you do not receive this email, you can request it from your cabin attendant

3)  Even with things selected by email, they can be out once on board...My WAG (Wild A$$ Guess) is it simply depends when the cabin attendant grabs them

4)  I've selected the boxing bag every time and have never received one

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

Travel nearly exclusively AQ

1)  I get this email about 70%

2)  If you do not receive this email, you can request it from your cabin attendant

3)  Even with things selected by email, they can be out once on board...My WAG (Wild A$$ Guess) is it simply depends when the cabin attendant grabs them

4)  I've selected the boxing bag every time and have never received one

How far in advance do the emails come out (if you get them)? Just curious as I'm in AQ for the first time coming up

I requested dumbbells and bands.  Neither was in the room.  The steward said the “dumbbells” are really heavy duty weights and rack.  The bands are not available.  This is on the Equinox right now.  Disappointing as I have a conditioning program I watch daily which is not really compatible with going to the gym.

7 minutes ago, Lena11033 said:

How far in advance do the emails come out (if you get them)? Just curious as I'm in AQ for the first time coming up

Varies wildly...I do wonder if it's ship specific

1)  Booked 6 months the before sailing, receive the email 3 weeks before sailing...Solstice

2)  Booked 9 month the before sailing, receive the email 8 months before sailing...Eclipse

3)  Booked 6 months the before sailing, receive the email 3 months before sailing...Millie

10 minutes ago, Cdncruisecpl said:

Which ship just out of curiosity?

We are going thru the same thing on packing.  Also AC.  Trying to do it all in a carry on but are skeptical of accomplishing that.

Summit March 2.

I was going to do carry on but I'm flying out two days early, Ac already changed my coming back flight so having to stay a day (basically instead of Miami 2pm > Toronto 6pm > Windsor they had me leaving Miami at 5pm and then flying Toronto to Windsor the next day, if I'm staying an extra day somewhere it's Miami and not Pearson Airport.

So that's a week and my work just rescheduled an event to make sure I attend so now it's the day after I get back from this trip (if everything is on time I have 10 hours  at home before driving 3.5 to go into the office). So I'm having to pack things for work incase I have to go from the airport into the office, so not happy lol

EDIT: yes could have gone to Detroit but had a better deal this way, until work changed the event.

Edited by Lena11033