Stretch paints?

misspuss

We have not been on Princess for many years. Please tell me if you have seen ladies wearing stretch pants on board during the day. I am not asking for permission to do so (I am way too old to need permission to do anything.) I just want to know if it is done. Thank you.

4 minutes ago, misspuss said:

We have not been on Princess for many years. Please tell me if you have seen ladies wearing stretch pants on board during the day. I am not asking for permission to do so (I am way too old to need permission to do anything.) I just want to know if it is done. Thank you.

I pretty much live in Land's End sport knit pants of various lengths. So, anybody on the same cruise as me would definitely see at least one, if they stipulated that I'm a lady.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I am currently on board Island Princess for the WC and I can assure you I have seen everything from stretch pants to sweat pants to shorts to tennis or golf type skirts to yoga pants to jeans to slacks to you name it.  So far I have not seen pajama pants or fuzzy slippers but it is early days so I'm not ruling that out yet.  

• Like 4
  • Haha 7

48 minutes ago, misspuss said:

Perfectly fine.  You see a lot!

SeaHag, I am glad you mentioned Lands End which has a big selection of pants of various lengths as you said. I own quite a few of them and I bring them on cruises or any other vacation trips. (Just as a side comment, Lands End also has a fabulous selection of women’s bathing suits. I like how they offer the longer lengths which you don’t always see when shopping in department stores.)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sea Hag said:

I pretty much live in Land's End sport knit pants of various lengths. So, anybody on the same cruise as me would definitely see at least one, if they stipulated that I'm a lady.

I love those Lands End pants as well, and always have both long and capri length in black and navy with me. While they will never be mistaken for formal wear,  they can be dressed up a bit with a nice top or worn with a sweatshirt or tshirt. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Buckeye10640 said:

I love those Lands End pants as well, and always have both long and capri length in black and navy with me. While they will never be mistaken for formal wear,  they can be dressed up a bit with a nice top or worn with a sweatshirt or tshirt. 

6 minutes ago, Eleanor Rigby 14 said:

That’s so funny, Buckeye…I have both long and capri length that I bring…and they are navy and black. Two great minds with but a single thought. 😊

That's exactly what I do - black and navy in long and capri. LOL. I tried the shorts, but after they were washed they were too short for my lumpy old legs. The crops are longer than I like, so it's always capris and long ones for me.

1 hour ago, Prometheus1 said:

I wear a lot of stretch pants, paired with a nice blouse or tunic and high boots. So comfortable! Or tennis shoes and a tshirt for day wear. Very versatile and take up very little room in the suitcase. I always bring them cruising.

EXACTLY my thoughts as well!!  I ♥️ stretch pants!!  WM actually has some very good ones for cheap.  We sail this Sunday, and I already have all of mine washed & ready to go!!

• Like 2

18 hours ago, DCThunder said:

If you're talking about leggings or yoga pants, they are very popular with the ladies, from what I've observed.  Some fill them out better than others, of course...😉

Not just ladies anymore.  At our gym they seem pretty popular with the guys too.

16 hours ago, Buckeye10640 said:

Thanks for the recommendation.  I love Lands End Starfish slim leg pants, but they don't make them in capri length.  I'll try the sport knit capris.

I was on a Princess cruise (don't remember which one) and I asked the maître'd what was accepted for female adult pax.  He told me that women's fashion is basically in the eye of the beholder and he was not able to question women on what they wear.  So ladies wear what you want and call it fashionable. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, satxdiver said:

I was on a Princess cruise (don't remember which one) and I asked the maître'd what was accepted for female adult pax.  He told me that women's fashion is basically in the eye of the beholder and he was not able to question women on what they wear.

Smart man. 😉

• Like 4

1 minute ago, ams1130 said:

You're likely aware of this board already, but Cruise Fashions and Beauty has lots of interesting (to me, anyway) threads.

hmmm, been here a few years, but not aware of this board. Tells you how much I care about what I wear on vacation. 🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Another vote for leggings here. I like to wear them occasionally to the MDR on all my cruises. As other posters have said, they can be dressed up with a nice tunic, jewelry and even a scarf. If you get a nice thick pair that fits (yes @hunt182644they DO come in sizes), you can disguise any "bumpy bits" quite nicely. Many of them now come with pockets (yay!). They are a godsend for long plane rides!

Linda

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/31/2023 at 1:18 PM, Itchy&Scratchy said:

I wear yoga pants, leggings  or shorts onboard.

Even my MDR pants are stretchy. I used to wear them to the office when I worked in the office.

Like this, but black:

6120859_Pine?wid=1200&hei=1200&op_sharpen=1

These are cute! I just bought a pair like this from the gap but in grey. 

• Like 3

On 1/31/2023 at 3:18 PM, Itchy&Scratchy said:

I wear yoga pants, leggings  or shorts onboard.

Even my MDR pants are stretchy. I used to wear them to the office when I worked in the office.

Like this, but black:

6120859_Pine?wid=1200&hei=1200&op_sharpen=1

They look good enough for any night. 

• Like 1