Question About Acceptance

Cdncruisecpl

Because there are people that cannot accept that a cruise can be perfect for the people experiencing it.  And an honest review is one where everything is related as perceived by the reviewer.  That it is honestly as they perceived/experienced it.  EM

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Cdncruisecpl said:

I"m curious why a positive review is labelled as being from a cheerleader, and why a review that is 100% negative is viewed as 'honest'?

I am my suspicions as to why this phenomena exists, but I am curious what other people thing

I think you are making a sweeping generalization IMO. Much the same way *some* view a positive review as being a cheerleader and *some* view a 100% negative review as honest.

There have been many good, balanced reviews here. (JimIain comes to mind for instance...)

I certainly don't try to pin a label on either one...they have to earn it...lol.

• Like 4

While I have often seen individual posts labeled as coming from a "cheerleader", the "cheerleader's" post is usually something in response to a critical comment (e.g. being dismissive of the critique) .  I really haven't seen much of a problem with favorable reviews being labeled as cheerleading, but maybe I'm just not sensitive to it.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, marieps said:

The recent very favorable review of the Beyond EV certainly did not get flamed, but for its alleged click bait heading.

Would the attached comment have been made if the review was not favourable?  I severely have my doubts.  The commenter is only skeptical because it's a positive review in my opinion.  

image.thumb.png.3aa413bdbfeb37132f1692a5fddeac52.png

Edited by Cdncruisecpl
correct error

2 minutes ago, Cdncruisecpl said:

Would the attached comment have been made if the review was not favourable?  I severely have my doubts.  The commenter is only skeptical because it's a positive review in my opinion.  

Yes, I have seen quite a few instances where people express skepticism against fairly new accounts where the first post is negative. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Cdncruisecpl said:

WOW!  You seem to me to be very sensitive to perceived slights.  I've read the entire thread and I saw many positive reactions to the OP's post.  This was the "worst" reply I saw.... and just don't understand why one person expressing skepticism sets you off.  ANY discussion is going to have wide range of opinions and, heaven forbid,  perhaps a skeptic or two.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Cdncruisecpl said:

And is questioning the legitimacy while only having a total of 66 posts? So what length of a CC membership or number of posts is considered qualified? 🙃

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, RTShaker said:

It doesn't, but reading many of the posts here, that is what appears to be the norm. Personally I am not a fan of flaming people for their take on their own experiences.

Which is exactly my point.

People perceive things in different ways.  But since January, everything is negative.  EVERY. THING.  And when someone has posted anything positive, they've been called a cheerleader or worse.  Maybe, just maybe, their happiness isn't contingent on getting a second lobster tail.  

Do I love all the changes?  Not at all.  Do I think everything Celebrity is doing is bad.  Also, not at all.  But some people believe that is the case and that everything that happens on their cruise is the fault of Celebrity.  And when someone does come in with an opposite or positive view point, there is a chorus of people to jump all over them for having the different view point.  

Just because it is the norm, doesn't mean it is right.

27 minutes ago, cw2go said:

And is questioning the legitimacy while only having a total of 66 posts? So what length of a CC membership or number of posts is considered qualified? 🙃

Everyone is qualified to have an opinion. The fact is, we know nothing about the majority of posters here.  For my part, this is a new account, so there it shows I've been here less than a month and have less than 50 posts.  But guess what, I used to post under a different account that I lost access to that dates back to 2006.  So that particular poster, would find my comments 'suss' because this account is new....but...by their logic if you take into account the fact that I actually date back 17 years, I should have more clout than them.

But I don't believe in clout based on that at all anyway.  Everyone has their opinions.  Everyone has their preferences.  Everyone has their tastes.

I am really just getting sick of the negativity.  We are all here because supposedly we like cruising (or are trying it), and that we like Celebrity (or are just trying them out for the first time).  Everyone will experience it differently.  

Celebrity will provide a product.  That product will change over time.  It is up to us to decide, for ourselves, if the product they are providing gives what we perceive as value for our money.  When someone decides that it does not provide the value they are looking for, then it's time to find a new cruise line, or a new vacation.  You may find that the grass is greener somewhere else.  You may also find it's a wasteland.

Time's change.  I don't hear any clamouring for a bunch of drunken men shooting off the back of the ship (was once a popular past time on ocean liners).  When I don't think I am getting value for my money, I will change what I want to do.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

@Cdncruisecpl  It looks like you joined CC this month.  I don't know if you were reading the boards anonymously before then but Celebrity started making changes in earnest shortly after the new year that I think really hit home for a lot of cruisers that love Celebrity.  Posts have been more negative than usual.  And people's responses to posts has been from the perspective of an unhappy customer which I suspect is why they are questioning happy posts even more than normal (although I still think there is a lot of balance here if you look for it).

I still enjoy reading these boards because I think there is value in hearing others' experiences although I always filter it through what is important to me and what I look for in a cruise before assuming my experiences will be the same.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

12 minutes ago, Cdncruisecpl said:

People perceive things in different ways.  But since January, everything is negative.  EVERY. THING.  And when someone has posted anything positive, they've been called a cheerleader or worse.  Maybe, just maybe, their happiness isn't contingent on getting a second lobster tail.  

Do I love all the changes?  Not at all.  Do I think everything Celebrity is doing is bad.  Also, not at all.  But some people believe that is the case and that everything that happens on their cruise is the fault of Celebrity.  And when someone does come in with an opposite or positive view point, there is a chorus of people to jump all over them for having the different view point.  

Everyone is qualified to have an opinion. The fact is, we know nothing about the majority of posters here.  For my part, this is a new account, so there it shows I've been here less than a month and have less than 50 posts.  But guess what, I used to post under a different account that I lost access to that dates back to 2006.  So that particular poster, would find my comments 'suss' because this account is new....but...by their logic if you take into account the fact that I actually date back 17 years, I should have more clout than them.

But I don't believe in clout based on that at all anyway.  Everyone has their opinions.  Everyone has their preferences.  Everyone has their tastes.

I am really just getting sick of the negativity.  We are all here because supposedly we like cruising (or are trying it), and that we like Celebrity (or are just trying them out for the first time).  Everyone will experience it differently.  

Celebrity will provide a product.  That product will change over time.  It is up to us to decide, for ourselves, if the product they are providing gives what we perceive as value for our money.  When someone decides that it does not provide the value they are looking for, then it's time to find a new cruise line, or a new vacation.  You may find that the grass is greener somewhere else.  You may also find it's a wasteland.

Time's change.  I don't hear any clamouring for a bunch of drunken men shooting off the back of the ship (was once a popular past time on ocean liners).  When I don't think I am getting value for my money, I will change what I want to do.

I can't even figure out why you thought I was being negative? You seem to have a lot of points in this post that are not related to this thread? Why was I a target? 

You basically validated my point... 66 posts vs membership length means NOTHING! I was saying exactly what you are...

Patty 

Edited by cw2go
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, cw2go said:

I can't even figure out why you thought I was being negative? You seem to have a lot of points in this post that are not related to this thread? Why was I a target? 

You basically validated my point... 66 posts vs membership length means NOTHING! I was saying exactly what you are...

Patty 

Again...that was my point.  That's also why I mentioned that this is a new account but I actually date back to 2006 on this board.  And even with that, my opinion doesn't matter any more than anyone else's.  

Either you didn't read my intent, or I wasn't clear...I was agreeing with you.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Cdncruisecpl said:

I"m curious why a positive review is labelled as being from a cheerleader, and why a review that is 100% negative is viewed as 'honest'?

I am my suspicions as to why this phenomena exists, but I am curious what other people thing

Hang around for awhile you'll get use to all the different opinions. Just roll with it. Thin skinned isn't good. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Cdncruisecpl said:

Again...that was my point.  That's also why I mentioned that this is a new account but I actually date back to 2006 on this board.  And even with that, my opinion doesn't matter any more than anyone else's.  

Either you didn't read my intent, or I wasn't clear...I was agreeing with you.

Oh sorry! I thought you mis understood me. All is good! 

Patty 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Hang around for awhile you'll get use to all the different opinions. Just roll with it. Thin skinned isn't good. 

This has nothing to do with being thin skinned.

This has to do with a certain group of people here.  The ones who jump on a positive post because it goes against what they believe.  And those same ones that will call a negative post 'honest' because it confirms what they already believe.  

Most, if not all, of these people haven't even been on a cruise yet this year.

Edited by Cdncruisecpl
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Cdncruisecpl said:

I am really just getting sick of the negativity.  

Agree. Think constructive debate between people with opposing views is healthy and helps keep this board interesting. But certain posters take it to an unnecessary extreme.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

I honestly don't know how to answer this other than when I do my thrifty cruiser reviews I give an honest opinion from my eyes of what I thought the product was. That said my eyes will overlook some things when it may come to the condition of the ship etc. We have been extremely happy with the product on our Edge and Constellation cruises. We will see what our next Edge cruise brings and you can count on seeing another thrifty cruiser review.

I just take it as all our eyes our different and we see and are bothered by different things.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I totally forgot what the title was of this thread, not to mentioned a wee bit confused about the confusion; however, I have straightened myself out enough to follow along with the comments!  

Edited by Lastdance

2 hours ago, Cdncruisecpl said:

"But since January, everything is negative". .....Yeah..not everything is negative but that is when the cuts started to really be noticed...So until Celebrity starts to realize their mistake (and i think they have somewhat) and change..there is going to be some negative push back!!!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Cdncruisecpl said:

This has nothing to do with being thin skinned.

This has to do with a certain group of people here.  The ones who jump on a positive post because it goes against what they believe.  And those same ones that will call a negative post 'honest' because it confirms what they already believe.  

Most, if not all, of these people haven't even been on a cruise yet this year.

Are you equally bothered by all the posts that attack people who have posted negative reviews or comments about Celebrity’s recent cutbacks (for example calling people “entitled”)?  From my reading/perspective, there are at least as many, maybe more, of those than attacks directed at positive comments. 

In my view the boards would be much better here without any of the ad hominem attacks on others (“cheerleaders”  , “entitled”).  

• Like 1