Singles/Fares

Observer

8 hours ago, calliopecruiser said:

You never know til you get there.......I cruised with Seabourn and, in spite of their reputation, found them just barely above mediocre. 

I second that opinion, although it may have been the particular ship.  Giving them another try on a different ship.

1 minute ago, ivyleaguegent said:

I second that opinion, although it may have been the particular ship.  Giving them another try on a different ship.

Loved my 2 seabourn cruises last year and have several more booked

Nancy

• Like 3

1 hour ago, nancygp said:

Loved my 2 seabourn cruises last year and have several more booked

Nancy

Same here.  Loved our first 2 SB cruises and have booked 4 more.

Also loved Crystal, never thought I would be satisfied on another line, but I am. 

Of course, there are some people who love chocolate and hate anchovies, while others hate chocolate and love anchovies.  (Although, I suppose, no one loves chocolate on their anchovies).

Edited by skybluewaters
  • Like 1

We will been Encore in April

This will be our 4th Seabourn cruise.

Seabourn has many good features

Entertainment and enrichment was not their strength but it has been a while since we have cruised with them.  Our last Seabourn cruise was 2017 in Antartica which, of course, is sui generis.  A lot can change in 5 years.

Given Nancygp's reports, I am really optimistic.  Just hoping we can survive without a butler.  LOL

3 minutes ago, bitob said:

Entertainment and enrichment was not their strength but it has been a while since we have cruised with them.  

We were pleasantly surprised with the entertainment and enrichment offerings.  Our upcoming cruise has 11 sea days and hope for some good lectures. 😂😱

enjoy the cruise.

Nancy

15 minutes ago, nancygp said:

We were pleasantly surprised with the entertainment and enrichment offerings.  Our upcoming cruise has 11 sea days and hope for some good lectures. 😂😱

enjoy the cruise.

Nancy

So good to hear

• Like 1

On 2/3/2023 at 9:29 AM, bitob said:

one opinion

Of course. 

I'm not in a rush to sail with them again: the food ranged from inedible to excellent, and the service ranged from horrible to good (with the exception of one excellent lounge).  I'm throwing my opinion into pot, but - more importantly - I'm pointing out that everyone's experience may vary regardless of the reputation or what experiences others have.  Isn't that the whole point of these threads?

Now, I had a lovely cruise and thoroughly enjoyed myself, able to laugh about the time they forgot about our orders and had to scramble to get us our meals.......but I don't want to spend a lot of money to be in that position again.  I'll give another cruise line my money instead and see if they can offer me a lovely cruise with better service and food.  YMMV. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, calliopecruiser said:

Of course. 

I'm not in a rush to sail with them again: the food ranged from inedible to excellent, and the service ranged from horrible to good (with the exception of one excellent lounge).  I'm throwing my opinion into pot, but - more importantly - I'm pointing out that everyone's experience may vary regardless of the reputation or what experiences others have.  Isn't that the whole point of these threads?

Now, I had a lovely cruise and thoroughly enjoyed myself, able to laugh about the time they forgot about our orders and had to scramble to get us our meals.......but I don't want to spend a lot of money to be in that position again.  I'll give another cruise line my money instead and see if they can offer me a lovely cruise with better service and food.  YMMV. 

Of course what you are describing happens at most restaurants around the world not just on one cruise ship.

On 2/2/2023 at 2:49 PM, vistaman said:

I hope - i am a single - that single sup will not be 100 % if you want something better as the "single cabins 

I had my travel agency price me a solo spot on the same cruise for a solo window cabin, a double window cabin, and a double veranda.  I won't get in to the specific price because that will vary by voyage, so lets price the solo cabin at $100:

Solo window $100

Double window midship $174

Double veranda midship $196

A different cruise:

Solo window $100

Double window midship $148

Double veranda midship $167

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Mr Luxury said:

Of course what you are describing happens at most restaurants around the world not just on one cruise ship.

Yeah, exactly.  Which is why anyone claiming they always sail with great service and food is lying, because you never know til you get there.  Someone can say they always enjoy going there, but that's a different thing.   I wouldn't rush to go back to a restaurant who had that kind of inconsistent service and food quality that they never acknowledged, let alone apologized for. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, calliopecruiser said:

Yeah, exactly.  Which is why anyone claiming they always sail with great service and food is lying, because you never know til you get there.  Someone can say they always enjoy going there, but that's a different thing.   I wouldn't rush to go back to a restaurant who had that kind of inconsistent service and food quality that they never acknowledged, let alone apologized for. 

I know,some days are tougher than others.

12 minutes ago, calliopecruiser said:

I had my travel agency price me a solo spot on the same cruise for a solo window cabin, a double window cabin, and a double veranda.  I won't get in to the specific price because that will vary by voyage, so lets price the solo cabin at $100:

Solo window $100

A different cruise:

Solo window $100

One question is this solo US 100 the price per person in double occupancy? Does it means no solo supplement at all? I have read that there was a solo supplement even for those less desirable cabins which started at 25% only I can’t find that info. 
Ivi

11 minutes ago, travelberlin said:

One question is this solo US 100 the price per person in double occupancy? Does it means no solo supplement at all? I have read that there was a solo supplement even for those less desirable cabins which started at 25% only I can’t find that info. 
Ivi

It's my understanding that the prices quoted for the Solo Window Cabins will be as quoted, no supplement and it says they will be booked for one passenger only.

Patty

28 minutes ago, calliopecruiser said:

Solo window $100

A different cruise:

Solo window $100

Just so i understand...are all of these quotes for a solo cruiser?  That is, one would pay 196% of the designated solo cabin window for a veranda in the first example and a solo would pay 148% of the solo cabin for a single occupancy window in the second example? 

1 minute ago, Texas Tillie said:

It's my understanding that the prices quoted for the Solo Window Cabins will be as quoted, no supplement and it says they will be booked for one passenger only.

Patty

Thank you. And how much will be the price per person for a cabin in the same deck in those cabins which are available for doble occupancy? I guess comparing the per person price on all no solo cabins in deck seven with the price of the solo cabin which is just for one person, will show us if there is a solo supplement or not.

Ivi

15 minutes ago, History&Wine said:

It seems the designated solo cabins have Zero supplement.  I know this is true for the world cruise.  The single supplement for the world cruise on non solo cabins deck seven is 50%.

According to calliopecruiser's post above, other cruises have a supplement of 48% and 74% for non solo cabins deck 7. 

Could you please let me know how much is the complete solo price for the WC 24 from Miami to Miami? I know how much it is the price per person on deck 7 for that WC. I will be able to compare.

Ivi

12 minutes ago, History&Wine said:

I was quoted $70,955 for WC designated solo cabin.  i was quoted $106,580 for WC mid ship solo.  Those prices include 10,300 for port charges and  5% CS discount. 

Thank you. A per person price in a double occupancy cabin on deck 7 (non single) was quoted as US 64.000 per person in a midship cabin. It is then not a zero supplement for the solo cabins but an acceptable one according to my opinion. Only if those cabins were midship 😉. The location will put me off for the time being…

Looking forward to reading reviews when the ships start to sail.

Ivi

Edited by travelberlin

17 hours ago, bitob said:

Entertainment and enrichment was not their strength but it has been a while since we have cruised with them.  

SB's entertainment and enrichment was a heck of a lot better than what we had on SS.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, History&Wine said:

Just so i understand...are all of these quotes for a solo cruiser? 

Yes - I will be alone in the cabin, and I wondered what it would cost me to sail in a midship cabin (a "double" cabin for a solo person), as opposed to a cabin very forward (a "single" cabin for a solo person).   

You can consider the solo cabins as having zero supplement in as much as the price you see is the price you get.  It's higher than the per-person price with two people sharing a cabin, but at least there's no mystery about what you'll pay. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, calliopecruiser said:

Yes - I will be alone in the cabin, and I wondered what it would cost me to sail in a midship cabin (a "double" cabin for a solo person), as opposed to a cabin very forward (a "single" cabin for a solo person).   

You can consider the solo cabins as having zero supplement in as much as the price you see is the price you get.  It's higher than the per-person price with two people sharing a cabin, but at least there's no mystery about what you'll pay. 

Well actually there was never a mystery quoting solo cabins with the old Crystal. The new Crystal has a solo supplement even for those forward cabins called single cabins. The “zero solo supplement “ is non true. There is one. But it seams to be acceptable.

Ivi