OBC

BSR

When I log into my online account, I can see (some of) my OBC prominently displayed in the middle of the screen. My shareholder benefit OBC does not show up online, but I see it on my final invoice (buried somewhere).

3 minutes ago, PhD-iva said:

When I log into my online account, I can see (some of) my OBC prominently displayed in the middle of the screen. My shareholder benefit OBC does not show up online, but I see it on my final invoice (buried somewhere).

The OBC is from a TA.  Does this make a difference?  I don't see it anywhere on my account.

Could make a difference. I’ve seen advice given that says make sure you have an invoice issued by Oceania that lists the OBC and carry the invoice with you in case there’s any question later. 
Look on page 3 of your Oceania invoice under amenities and gifts. I have AMEX platinum OBC and shareholder benefit listed there. 

3 minutes ago, Jancruz said:

BSR your OBC will not show up on your invoice as it is not from Oceania

Jancruz1

Ok..  Thanks.   I been looking everywhere on my Oceania summary page and have not found it.  Does it just get added to my account once I board the ship?

17 minutes ago, PhD-iva said:

My cruise is in September.  When should I apply for the shareholder benefit?  Can I use it towards the DSC?

25 minutes ago, BSR said:

My cruise is in September.  When should I apply for the shareholder benefit?  Can I use it towards the DSC?

I usually apply for my shareholder benefit about 60 days out.  I always receive it within 48 hours.  It shows up on your online account.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JRIH said:

I usually apply for my shareholder benefit about 60 days out.  I always receive it within 48 hours.  It shows up on your online account.

Mine is not in my online account, at least not as OBC.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jancruz said:

BSR your OBC will not show up on your invoice as it is not from Oceania

Jancruz1

Jan, what recourse does a pax have if they arrive on the ship and O is unaware of any TA benefit? I’ve heard to always get it noted on the O invoice. I think FF has suggested that in the past……?

4 hours ago, BSR said:

The OBC is from a TA.  Does this make a difference?  I don't see it anywhere on my account.

If the TA item (e.g., to cover gratuities) is designated OCAPP on the O invoice (which is O incentive $ given to TAs or their consortia) or is purchased from O outright by a TA (amenities on the O invoice), you’ll only see it on the O invoice. You won’t see those or most anything other that O Club SBC or an O special SBC (e.g., book onboard bonus) on your O web account.

In addition, anything that is out-of-pocket from a TA (like refundable SBC funded from their commission sharing) will generally not appear on the O invoice or your O web account. Instead, you’ll see it on a card or printed sheet on your cabin desk on embarkation day.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

If the TA item (e.g., to cover gratuities) is designated OCAPP on the O invoice (which is O incentive $ given to TAs or their consortia) or is purchased from O outright by a TA (amenities on the O invoice), you’ll only see it on the O invoice. You won’t see those or most anything other that O Club SBC or an O special SBC (e.g., book onboard bonus) on your O web account.

In addition, anything that is out-of-pocket from a TA (like refundable SBC funded from their commission sharing) will generally not appear on the O invoice or your O web account. Instead, you’ll see it on a card or printed sheet on your cabin desk on embarkation day.

My TA says the OBC is attached to their booking and I received an email showing this.  She said I should see the amount in my account on  the 2nd day of the cruise.  Does this sound correct?

34 minutes ago, BSR said:

My TA says the OBC is attached to their booking and I received an email showing this.  She said I should see the amount in my account on  the 2nd day of the cruise.  Does this sound correct?

Basically, yes. It will show up eventually on your onboard account. But, usually, you will find a gift card on your desk with your TA’s name on it and the amount.
O uses the term Shipboard Credit. So, it may show on the card and account as SBC (not OBC). 

1 minute ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

Basically, yes. It will show up eventually on your onboard account. But, usually, you will find a gift card on your desk with your TA’s name on it and the amount.
O uses the term Shipboard Credit. So, it may show on the card and account as SBC (not OBC). 

Thanks.  

55 minutes ago, BSR said:

Yep, that's been our experience. Is your TA new to you? If that's the case, just take a copy of the email with you. I don't worry about what mine tells me, it always happens. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, ORV said:

Yep, that's been our experience. Is your TA new to you? If that's the case, just take a copy of the email with you. I don't worry about what mine tells me, it always happens. 

Yes, random person who answered the phone.   I tried asking about the 20th Anniversary sale and the promotions, but she wasn't very helpful or maybe not experienced. 

5 hours ago, JRIH said:

Thank you for this information. We are 62 days out so will apply for the shareholder credit next week.

2 hours ago, PhD-iva said:

Jan, what recourse does a pax have if they arrive on the ship and O is unaware of any TA benefit? I’ve heard to always get it noted on the O invoice. I think FF has suggested that in the past……?

Not Jan  but if not there  by day 3 I would contact your TA & get them to fix the issue

Pre covid  they had cards on the desk with all the credits that will be added to our onboard account

We used to have to sign part of the  card & the room steward/stewardess would take them

JME

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

Not Jan  but if not there  by day 3 I would contact your TA & get them to fix the issue

Pre covid  they had cards on the desk with all the credits that will be added to our onboard account

We used to have to sign part of the  card & the room steward/stewardess would take them

JME

Cards were provided, but we were not required to sign and give them back to our cabin attendant on our very recent cruise on Insignia.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, redraider1966 said:

Cards were provided, but we were not required to sign and give them back to our cabin attendant on our very recent cruise on Insignia.

Cards on the desk? Yes - even as recently as this past October for us. I can only remember once over the years when we got a sheet of paper with multiple TA, consortia et al. SBCs. Never had to sign anything. What would that accomplish? 
In any case, yet another good reason to always bring proof in writing. In fact, not a bad idea to have appropriate duplicates to provide staff with a copy of the evidence of what is owed to a passenger. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BSR said:

Yes, random person who answered the phone.   I tried asking about the 20th Anniversary sale and the promotions, but she wasn't very helpful or maybe not experienced. 

If you received OBC from 20th Anniversary promotion, you will not receive the Shareholder credit.  

On 2/1/2023 at 10:52 PM, Flatbush Flyer said:

In any case, yet another good reason to always bring proof in writing. In fact, not a bad idea to have appropriate duplicates to provide staff with a copy of the evidence of what is owed to a passenger. 

Similarly get in the habit of checking your account on the room TV every day (updated overnight). We discovered several errors or omissions that had to be changed, usually requiring Reception to contact Miami. One day our drinks were charged to our account even though we had the drink package.

It gets particularly confusing if you had to cancel anything (La Reserve, excursions,) and it is much simpler to deal with unknown or confusing charges directly after they are posted. Spa charges are particularly confusing and Reception will require you to check with them.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Robjame said:

Similarly get in the habit of checking your account on the room TV every day (updated overnight). We discovered several errors or omissions that had to be changed, usually requiring Reception to contact Miami. One day our drinks were charged to our account even though we had the drink package.

It gets particularly confusing if you had to cancel anything (La Reserve, excursions,) and it is much simpler to deal with unknown or confusing charges directly after they are posted. Spa charges are particularly confusing and Reception will require you to check with them.

Looking at the TV acct has its limitations - particularly as regards tours. 
We check the account regularly. However, I get the updated “complete detail” printout which shows far more detail than the tv display. (Note that some Guest Services and/Destination Services staff don’t know how to print the full detail account-to-date. So, in that case, have a supervisor do it.  That’s VERY important when it comes to problems with excursions that have been cancelled onboard by O and then affect which ones may become the replacement O Life designations. THAT is why it is so important (before embarkation) to get a copy of the “prepurchased shore excursions” PDF from O. It shows ALL the math and trumps everything if there’s disagreement about transactions. With that PDF and the complete detail onboard acct printout on hand, it is extremely easy to point out errors.