"Routine Maintenance" Cancels April 21 Liberty sailing

2 hours ago, not-enough-cruising said:

You do realize you just can’t pop over to Best Buy for these parts? 
They are most likely custom made and special ordered. 

I realize that.  They have said that they cannot fix it on Liberty and it needs to be replaced.  My point is if it was so easy to replace on Navigator when it was still working, but in tough shape, then why the lack of love for Liberty?  Certainly they are not backordered more than a year, if they were able to get a new one for Navigator.  

43 minutes ago, SNemeth said:

I realize that.  They have said that they cannot fix it on Liberty and it needs to be replaced.  My point is if it was so easy to replace on Navigator when it was still working, but in tough shape, then why the lack of love for Liberty?  Certainly they are not backordered more than a year, if they were able to get a new one for Navigator.  

no clue.

perhaps different classes ship have different video boards and they are sourced from different places.

3 hours ago, SNemeth said:

Exactly. They could have replaced it on Liberty if it was a priority. The entire ship is in dire need of an overhaul, it’s just being neglected at this point. 

On 2/2/2023 at 8:39 AM, SpinMasterJ said:

Interesting that they list the April 28 sailing as a 4-Night. We're booked for that one as a 3-Night. Hoping that was just a typo as we're supposed to be switching to the Vision sailing from FLL on May 1.

Yes, we are booked on April 28th as well and was wondering the same thing.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just off LOTS, and work was being done on the screen, so sharing some pix. 

We were also delayed an hour and a half departing Nassau (Captain made the announcement prior to our scheduled departure saying we would be leaving at 6pm due to underwater inspection taking longer than expected).

1st day - entire side was roped, not allowing passage and not "draped". Hot tubs were also closed during to construction (but were later opened).

20230218_073542.thumb.jpg.7f960fcb002e7516809979e8daab0d27.jpg

View from back.

20230219_225452.thumb.jpg.52fc92c1daa46bbb61e32e233f8003f8.jpg

Updated construction area, "draped", and  allowing passage.

20230219_225109.thumb.jpg.e67a133bd4773626a8230b477fd46c00.jpg

Pix from this morning. 

20230220_074133.thumb.jpg.e0ef9f60709d0dea9c8e5550c2a40210.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

We were on a couple of weeks ago and they were taking down a lot of canopies and other things on the pool deck when we were getting off. I thought it was just for the legends of rock cruise but maybe it was to also prep for this. 

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, PGHProducer said:

Sorry to revive this thread… but has anyone heard what this maintenance is yet?

Wondering the same …. 
We are on the 5/4/23 sailing in 12 days 

whatever it is I hope it goes smoothly, my WISH is for 2-3 coke freestyle machines to be added , but I doubt that’s what is happening