New website.

Riocca

56 minutes ago, beatnix said:

@Riocca My experience is nearly the same. I sign in at azamara.com and everything is correct. We I open my upcoming cruise and switch to 'Manage my booking' I am forwarded to seaware.azamara.com. Here I have no loyalty status and 0 points and an new member number.

So for me it seems that the new booking engine is not yet working properly. 

I also get forwarded to Seaware.azamara.com but just get details of the reservation and nothing about loyalty levels or points.

l

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Riocca said:

I also get forwarded to Seaware.azamara.com but just get details of the reservation and nothing about loyalty levels or points.

l

As above, my reservation I can see but also I can see loyalty level and points stated as Adventurer with nil points when we are Discoverer plus all earned on Azamara. This was after we submitted the form and had an email informing us the issues were fixed.

Shall just sort out onboard if not rectified until then

• Like 2

Nothing has changed for us in the past couple of weeks. I can log in, see my cruise (which at least now shows as "Paid in Full"), but cannot book any add-ons/excursions/etc. I've gone into "manage my reservation" on multiple browsers under multiple operating systems, yet no pencil icon appears anywhere.

So it's costing Azamara directly, as instead of buying the Experience More package and booking excursions through Azamara, we're going 3rd-party. Not everyone in our party will upgrade beverage packages as would be the case with Experience More. We won't spend the money in the spa that would have come with the package. We may decide to only use Prime C/Aqualina twice instead of 3 times as in the package. Each is minor but it all adds up, or rather subtracts from their revenue stream.

And if we were still in the exploration phase? How many of you are either holding off booking with Azamara, or giving your business to other lines, or are at least more seriously considering alternatives?

Someone (who knows, maybe me?) should make Sycamore Partners aware of what's going on, if they aren't already, of what's happening at their investment. Based on the glacier like progress to date in resolving the IT fiasco, the lack of communications, the absence of any meaningful customer support, etc. etc. etc., they need to step in and take direct control.

• Like 10

I tried to book (well at least get pricing) for a cruise in November, and TWO travel agents told me basically they are not booking Azamara right now because hold times are crazy. This includes a "big box" store's travel arm and a major on-line travel agent. I can't get pricing on any site either, they explained Azamara's database is messed up and can't be tapped via the travel agent's site.

This is crazy. 

John R.

Edited by PSULionLV
  • Like 5

8 minutes ago, PSULionLV said:

I tried to book (well at least get pricing) for a cruise in November, and TWO travel agents told me basically they are not booking Azamara right now because hold times are crazy. This includes a "big box" store's travel arm and a major on-line travel agent. I can't get pricing on any site either, they explained Azamara's database is messed up and can't be tapped via the travel agent's site.

This is crazy. 

John R.

Yes. 

I’ve just spent a bit of time trying to “break” my account without any success but I did discover that using Safari Private browser I could access details of all my bookings. This would suggest to me that there’s a problem with cookies on this website, maybe those experiencing problems should try clearing cookies and for good measure clear the cache as well.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

24 minutes ago, Riocca said:

I’ve just spent a bit of time trying to “break” my account without any success but I did discover that using Safari Private browser I could access details of all my bookings. This would suggest to me that there’s a problem with cookies on this website, maybe those experiencing problems should try clearing cookies and for good measure clear the cache as well.

Tried this but neither private browsing nor clearing website cache & cookies worked for me.

• Like 1

Just now, Grandma Cruising said:

Tried this but neither private browsing nor clearing website cache & cookies worked for me.

Nor me, I doubt we will get to the bottom of this only Azamara IT can - but seriously is the IT situation so bad that they are getting so many calls that people are reporting wait times in excess of three hours?  What level of call volume were they resourced to and what level are they currently resourced to by using staff still in training?

Bring back Guatemala..........

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

It is more than three hours and no longer offer the option of pressing 1 to hold your place in line.  Apparently that did not work anyway as I never received a call back.  But I agree - it also sounds like they do not have enough staffing to handle calls.  This is not a big cruise line with mega ships......why can't they answer calls?  It seems there is more to this.  My agent is not selling Azamara.  She cannot get the bookings she currently has serviced and is wasting too much time just to get disconnected or not get through at all.  I have sent emails to guest relations and loyalty - no response or even an acknowledgement. Is anyone there? Were they advised not to respond to emails?  This week I did get a Welcome to Azamara email from Carol Cabezas. Very reassuring since I have over 20 cruises on Azamara.    

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Riocca said:

Maybe we’re the exception to the rule but since the inception of the new website we’ve been able to see correct loyalty level and points and all 5 of our future cruises originally with errors but over time without contacting Azamara things have gradually been corrected. 
There are problems with the website and things I don’t like but that was always going to be the way. I’m using an iPad running iOS 16.4.1(a) and trying multiple browsers, Safari, Firefox & Chrome only Safari gives me a problem in that I can’t open bookings in my account but as a long time Safari user it always does seem to be the last browser debugged.

All my bookings up to February 2025 show the correct balance due, stateroom & packages, OBC is showing as coupons not a value but we were told that conversion to U.K.£ would be done in about 3 months.

When the website went live following Azamara’s instructions we were able to setup new passwords and access our accounts straight away using the icon on the top right hand side of the home page:

IMG_0106.thumb.jpeg.3cb6a0644a6305d1401944b324223506.jpeg

Then select future cruises and everything is there.

If I go to the booking engine there is another login option but using that produces different results in that loyalty number, points and level are wrong and I can only see my next cruise so I’m assuming that they are still to populate this part of the system.

Would be interesting to know if those currently experiencing problems originally had problems accessing their accounts when the new system went live.

We were able to access fairly quicky once it went live.  We actually saw on our account "paid in full" for all three June/Juky4 b2b cruises (which is correct).   This was correct for about a month.  For the last three weeks, we have owed approx $3,000 on each cruise so I cant book transfers that I need in about a month.  OBC is wrong cant call in to use OBC.  Ive tried writing multiple times and no answer from Az.  Impossible to get through on the phone.  Just sent TA an email 2 days ago about all the issues.  Wait and see is our only option.

This has been going on for too long.  Totally unacceptable that you can not get through to speak to customer service even if you are 30 days from sailing.  It has been two weeks since we heard from the President.  I guess she isnt going to keep her promise for an update.  

Ill state it again....if she worked for me she would be fired.  I truly dont understand how she has kept her job.  Does the industry lack appropriate candidates with experience or at least common sense and leadershp skills.  No apology, no compensation, etc from Azamara is completely unacceptable to this consumer.  Dont get me started about the lack of communication for our Jan 2024 World Cruise that we have booked.  Really frusted. 

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, uktog said:

Nor me, I doubt we will get to the bottom of this only Azamara IT can - but seriously is the IT situation so bad that they are getting so many calls that people are reporting wait times in excess of three hours?  What level of call volume were they resourced to and what level are they currently resourced to by using staff still in training?

Bring back Guatemala..........

My agent tried to call for pricing / booking and gave up after 4 hours and 30 minutes. I can't blame them, not worth it for one commission on a lower end cabin.

John R.

Edited by PSULionLV
  • Like 3

Just now, PSULionLV said:

My agent tried to call for pricing / booking and gave up after 4 hours and thirty minutes. I can't blame them, not worth it for one commission on a lower end cabin.

John R.

And people disbelieved me when I reported that last week......

I am not going to play around trying to get  things to look right on my PC, actually I dont care about my bookings, they are still at deposit only and even if I was further down the payment line, my agent would have records and I would have the protection of my credit card company.

I dont care about my points I have a screen shot of them (but it was wrong pre migration but I am past caring)

But I am seriously annoyed I cannot get correct information I need so I can progress flight bookings for next year or to either change my room (Ok silly me trying to give Azamara money).  And I cannot ask my travel agent to hang on for 4 hours to try and do battle.  I have sent an email in to Azamara but have not even had the boiler plate acknowledgement and we will get back to you.

I have bookings with two other lines just now, one I have cruised with once, one I have never been with.  

Both are working well and calls/queries are answered promptly and accurately.  My last cruise on Onward was not up to scratch so it is becoming even more difficult to rationalise spending any more with Azamara and if these two cruises hit the right spot, the loser will be Azamara.  It did not need to be this way.

• Like 9

Azamara's issues with reservations, OBCs, loyalty status etc. are now being reported on by one of the more popular cruise bloggers.

The threads on this board were used as a source.

LUXURY CRUISE LINE HAVING ALL KINDS OF PROBLEMS - CRUISE NEWS

Maybe that is what it will take for senior management to do what is needed to fix things.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, K2IE said:

Maybe that is what it will take for senior management to do what is needed to fix things.

You must be joking!

The situation is so bad that additional publicity is not going to make any difference!

Impact on revenue will be the motivator.

Bad publicity may exacerbate things, but unless it has a financial impact there is no incentive. 

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Travelingwithstyle said:

We were able to access fairly quicky once it went live.  We actually saw on our account "paid in full" for all three June/Juky4 b2b cruises (which is correct).   This was correct for about a month.  For the last three weeks, we have owed approx $3,000 on each cruise so I cant book transfers that I need in about a month.  OBC is wrong cant call in to use OBC.  Ive tried writing multiple times and no answer from Az.  Impossible to get through on the phone.  Just sent TA an email 2 days ago about all the issues.  Wait and see is our only option.

This has been going on for too long.  Totally unacceptable that you can not get through to speak to customer service even if you are 30 days from sailing.  It has been two weeks since we heard from the President.  I guess she isnt going to keep her promise for an update.  

Ill state it again....if she worked for me she would be fired.  I truly dont understand how she has kept her job.  Does the industry lack appropriate candidates with experience or at least common sense and leadershp skills.  No apology, no compensation, etc from Azamara is completely unacceptable to this consumer.  Dont get me started about the lack of communication for our Jan 2024 World Cruise that we have booked.  Really frusted. 

Totally agree

3 hours ago, JYDCruise said:

Someone (who knows, maybe me?) should make Sycamore Partners aware of what's going on, if they aren't already

I'd be very surprised if Sycamore are not aware of this fiasco!

36 minutes ago, uktog said:

And people disbelieved me when I reported that last week......

I am not going to play around trying to get  things to look right on my PC, actually I dont care about my bookings, they are still at deposit only and even if I was further down the payment line, my agent would have records and I would have the protection of my credit card company.

I dont care about my points I have a screen shot of them (but it was wrong pre migration but I am past caring)

But I am seriously annoyed I cannot get correct information I need so I can progress flight bookings for next year or to either change my room (Ok silly me trying to give Azamara money).  And I cannot ask my travel agent to hang on for 4 hours to try and do battle.  I have sent an email in to Azamara but have not even had the boiler plate acknowledgement and we will get back to you.

I have bookings with two other lines just now, one I have cruised with once, one I have never been with.  

Both are working well and calls/queries are answered promptly and accurately.  My last cruise on Onward was not up to scratch so it is becoming even more difficult to rationalise spending any more with Azamara and if these two cruises hit the right spot, the loser will be Azamara.  It did not need to be this way.

I totally agree with you, I leave in 2 weeks with another line and they have been exemplary, I’m  back for 2 & then off with Azamara. I do 4-5 cruises a year, I’ve done bucket list cruises with Azamara, Oz, NZ , Japan & Antarctic, paying double fare as a solo because I loved their product & itineraries, but dine and dusted. I don’t expect flowers & chocolate, but total indifference to their clients concerns is the final straw. Other cruise lines will happily take my hard earned cash 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, blag said:

I'd be very surprised if Sycamore are not aware of this fiasco!

Funny you should say this.  I just wrote Sycamore Partners because we are completely fed up with the numerous issues.  I was thinking I cant believe Sycamore Partners would allow this to continue to happen to us consumers.  Today, I decided to write them specifically about the lack of caring and leadership of President Cabezas.  I also asked them if they were informed about all the issues because I can not believe an investment company would allow this to continue under current leadership if they knew what was occurring. 

Here is another avenue we can try since calls, emails, and President Cabezas does not give us any resolution to our numerous problems

I wrote them at info@sycamorepartners.com  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, K2IE said:

I just did the same.

Everyone should.  Be polite, but emphasize the damage that this is doing to your perception of their brand.

We all want Azamara to succeed but they are on a path to failure.

If the billionaires at Sycamore can's seem to hire someone to update a website, I'm not so sure how much an email is going to help...

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, PSULionLV said:

If the billionaires at Sycamore can's seem to hire someone to update a website, I'm not so sure how much an email is going to help...

They don't hire people to run a website.  They hired a CEO.  She is failing to deliver and they need to know.  Then maybe they'll hire another CEO who can actually fix things.

• Like 1