Wifi 4 plan - can we split this with another couple?

erienetuser

6 hours ago, voljeep said:

and each person can use 1 device at a time - but can simply log off one device (phone) and log into another (pad, laptop)

Oh, that's news to me! This is my first cruise and I have a lot to learn, thank you.

I paid $70 USD for the 4 device plan for 7 nights cruise on the Ruby later this month.  Our other 6 couples traveling with us saw $140 when they tried to purchase the plan.  Was this a glitch? Or did I got a great deal?  

Otherwise, sharing with another couple, turns out to be $35 per person, or $5 pp per day, sweet!

1 hour ago, NavyCruiser said:

I paid $70 USD for the 4 device plan for 7 nights cruise on the Ruby later this month.  Our other 6 couples traveling with us saw $140 when they tried to purchase the plan.  Was this a glitch? Or did I got a great deal?  

Otherwise, sharing with another couple, turns out to be $35 per person, or $5 pp per day, sweet!

You got the 50% elite discount. if you are elite and they are not then pricing was correct.

13 hours ago, erienetuser said:

One  plan is $105, 4 is $280. Can we  get the 4 plan and use it for us and  another couple  in another  cabin? If  not,  how would they know? My apologies if this is rule breaking.

We have done this many times when sailing with our friends.  Whichever couple does not book the plan pays the other 50% of the cost.  Or one buys it on one leg and one on the other if doing a B2B.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, voljeep said:

and each person can use 1 device at a time - but can simply log off one device (phone) and log into another (pad, laptop)

With a four device plan, one person could use 4 devices at one time.

Although the goal of the OP is to have the four people each use a single device at a time, nothing would prevent one person for being signed in to more than 1 device at a time.

(And logging off is not needed, because if you log in when no slot is available, it will automatically log off one of the devices and it might be any of the four, not the one that individual had been using.)

• Like 2

11 hours ago, ldtr said:

You got the 50% elite discount. if you are elite and they are not then pricing was correct.

Great.

But we're only Gold with Princess, not yet Elite.

Maybe since we're either:

1. Platinum with Carnival

2. Military

or 3.  Shareholder...?

59 minutes ago, NavyCruiser said:

Great.

But we're only Gold with Princess, not yet Elite.

Maybe since we're either:

1. Platinum with Carnival

2. Military

or 3.  Shareholder...?

then consider yourself the beneficiary of an error in you favor.

Status on other lined, nor military or shareholder status is a factor.

I assume that you are also aware of the Veterans obc on Princess.