Jet2 flights

Dinglebert

My flights for April are finally showing on the P&O site.  Anyone know if I am able to access the flights on Jet2.  Can’t see a Jet2 booking number.  

Jet2 often have reasonable food deals prior to flight which are not available when onboard. 

15 minutes ago, Dinglebert said:

My flights for April are finally showing on the P&O site.  Anyone know if I am able to access the flights on Jet2.  Can’t see a Jet2 booking number.  

Jet2 often have reasonable food deals prior to flight which are not available when onboard. 

If it is a charter flight you won't get it up online or on the app as you don't get a Jet2 booking number. 

14 minutes ago, Spike11 said:

You could try jet2.com/pocruises and use your P&O booking code. That has worked in the past, and the page is still there.

Yes https://www.jet2.com/pocruises worked for us on our cruise to the canaries last week. Using the P&O booking ref. We reserved seats, checked in, printed boarding passes and there was an option to pre order food.

I was very impressed with them. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Al_W said:

Yes https://www.jet2.com/pocruises worked for us on our cruise to the canaries last week. Using the P&O booking ref. We reserved seats, checked in, printed boarding passes and there was an option to pre order food.

Thanks for that info. We have 2 Azura cruises booked where we have Jet2 flights and this is very useful. 

• Like 1

Im flying with Jet2 next week and I tried using my PO booking number but it wasnt having it. Booked the seats via the PO website fine ages ago. Does it open a few days before the flight?

22 minutes ago, CCFC said:

Im flying with Jet2 next week and I tried using my PO booking number but it wasnt having it. Booked the seats via the PO website fine ages ago. Does it open a few days before the flight?

Sounds like you are on a charter flight so you can only check in at the airport.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Dinglebert said:

From pre booking options for my non cruise Jet2 flight in a few weeks its £11 or £11.50 for a typical airline tray meal (15 different dishes which amazed me ) and they include a tea, coffee or water.

Sandwiches or pizza 'twist' (?) about £5.

21 hours ago, Al_W said:

Not working for me unfortunately

We are flying out to Malta on the 6th April from Gatwick. Nothing for us on CP yet. We haven’t flown since 2018 and I remember 14  Weeks before staying up to midnight to get our seats booked to ensure we were sat with our children. Am I remembering correctly that it is £25 pp to reserve your seats?  Thank you 😊

23 minutes ago, crazy cat lady 83 said:

We are flying out to Malta on the 6th April from Gatwick. Nothing for us on CP yet. We haven’t flown since 2018 and I remember 14  Weeks before staying up to midnight to get our seats booked to ensure we were sat with our children. Am I remembering correctly that it is £25 pp to reserve your seats?  Thank you 😊

I contacted jet2 who asked me to contact P&O.   Apparently it should be available to book but isn't yet.  The difference is that some flights are chartered completely by P&O other they just take a block booking on.  Mine is a block booking.  I've to keep a watching eye on it and it will appear at some point.

Edited by Dinglebert
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Dinglebert said:

I contacted jet2 who asked me to contact P&O.   Apparently it should be available to book but isn't jet.  The difference is that some flights are chartered completely by P&O other they just take a block booking on.  Mine is a block booking.  I've to keep a watching eye on it and it will appear at some point.

Thank you so much for the reply. I’ll keep logging in to CP and hopefully the flight information will appear very soon. I don’t know who we are flying with yet as even that information isn’t being shown.

38 minutes ago, Dinglebert said:

I contacted jet2 who asked me to contact P&O.   Apparently it should be available to book but isn't yet.  The difference is that some flights are chartered completely by P&O other they just take a block booking on.  Mine is a block booking.  I've to keep a watching eye on it and it will appear at some point.

We had a block booking flight as there were non cruisers on it.

I think it opened about 21 days before for checking in and printing boarding passes.

I’m sure there was a link come up on my po cruises website where you check in for P&O worth keeping an eye on it around a few weeks before your cruise.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, crazy cat lady 83 said:

We paid £54 for 2 seat reservations there in row 9 and back in row 12 (2x£27) there were more expensive seats closer to the front or with extra legroom. Our friends didn’t reserve and were allocated seats on checking in, they were split up on way back. 

Edited by Al_W
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, crazy cat lady 83 said:

A friend was a check in agent for Jet2 a few years ago and she let us know that anyone booked with children is automatically pre allocated seats together so you won't be split up.

This is borne out for us, having done at least a dozen Jet2 flights as a family of three and always having a row for three, despite never pre booking.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Thejuggler said:

A friend was a check in agent for Jet2 a few years ago and she let us know that anyone booked with children is automatically pre allocated seats together so you won't be split up.

This is borne out for us, having done at least a dozen Jet2 flights as a family of three and always having a row for three, despite never pre booking.

That’s really good to know. Thank you. We don’t know what airline we are flying with yet but hopefully it’s Jet 2.

18 hours ago, Thejuggler said:

My niece booked Jet2 for herself, husband and 2 children and they were given 2 seats on 1 row and 2 on the row behind.

4 hours ago, Dinglebert said:

This is considered to be together by the airlines.

It didn't  bother my niece & family, mum & daughter together, dad & son behind but I think that it could be a problem for nervous fliers if they were split up from their travelling companions. 

On 2/7/2023 at 9:17 PM, Josy1953 said:

It didn't  bother my niece & family, mum & daughter together, dad & son behind but I think that it could be a problem for nervous fliers if they were split up from their travelling companions. 

I think all the airlines work on the same priciple.  They can seat you across the row or in the row behind or in front and that is considered "together".

Just found this on the CAA website.

Young children and infants who are accompanied by adults should ideally be seated in the same seat row as the adult. Where this is not possible, children should be separated by no more than one seat row from accompanying adults. This is because the speed of an emergency evacuation may be affected by adults trying to reach their children.

Update

My outbound flight became available for me to book seats, meals etc yesterday.   I wouldn't normally but I paid £30 extra to sit in row 1.  Our last cruise flight in October with TUI was a complete mare with the little darlings in front and behind being ignored by their parents as they shouted, screamed, said Mummy around a few hundred times and kicked the heck out of my chair.