Move Up question

bmv1974

Hello I got confirmation this morning that my move up offer to aqua class was accepted.  However my brother who is in a separate cabin did not get the same move up (yet).  My question is if he does not get it would we still be able to dine together in Blu?  Has anyone else experienced this? Our reservations were linked and we put the exact same bid on move up. Thanks 

Edited by bmv1974
Additional question

Unfortunately unless he is in Aqua he can not dine with you in Blu. Are you both sailing solo ?  I ask because I have read that if you are sailing solo that Blu may allow you to bring a guest, not sure that if that is for just 1 or 2 meals or every night.

12 minutes ago, bmv1974 said:

Oh no that’s disappointing.  I guess we can hope he gets the move up and if not we will try anyways! 

The only people allowed to dine in Blu besides Aqua class are Suite guests and that is on a space available basis. Don’t have high expectations as it is unlikely.

We got word of our move up for our Beyond, February 26, 2023 this morning.  My sister who is sailing with us never got and invitation to bid and can’t do so on the Move up part of the website.  She’s been on the phone with at least 5 different Celebrity customer service people and they keep telling her it’s random who can bid.  She’s a single but paying double for her cabin.  Does anyone have any suggestions for something else to try?

3 hours ago, bmv1974 said:

Oh no that’s disappointing.  I guess we can hope he gets the move up and if not we will try anyways! 

This is the one rule Celebrity is very consistent enforcing.   They have even recently stated that only the upper level suites (RS and above) can dine in Blu space available.

1 hour ago, joetop2467 said:

We got word of our move up for our Beyond, February 26, 2023 this morning.  My sister who is sailing with us never got and invitation to bid and can’t do so on the Move up part of the website.  She’s been on the phone with at least 5 different Celebrity customer service people and they keep telling her it’s random who can bid.  She’s a single but paying double for her cabin.  Does anyone have any suggestions for something else to try?

Did she book through a TA?  There are some TAs who do not participate in Move Up so those booked with them can’t bid.

1 hour ago, bmv1974 said:

If she logs into her account online there should be an option for move up.  I got an email but also saw that option before the email.  

I have this same issue! Same cruise, it keeps telling me my details are invalid (they are not). I’ve used Move Up before so it’s confusing me! Not sure if it’s because I’m on a B2B? But that wouldn’t made sense as it’s literally treated as 2 separate cruises as far as the website is concerned. 

5 hours ago, joetop2467 said:

About the only time I've seen passengers are restricted from bidding is bookings from the Big Warehouse Company.

Otherwise even without a invite you can go to

https://www.celebritycruises.com/bid-on-cruise-room-upgrade

Enter Reservation # and Last Name

Another option is to contact CelebrityMoveUp@Celebrity.com   they are usually pretty quick to answer.