Color printed luggage tags

cresx

Just now, cruisinmeme said:

If you have colored ink in your printer and do not switch settings to B/W only it should automatically print

I have color ink in it. I have it set to print in color. It never does. I can print everything else in color. Just never NCL luggage tags. 

5 minutes ago, cresx said:

I have never been able to print the luggage tags in color. Is there a trick to this?

The settings on your printer are set to b&w most likely. Not a major issue. The color identifies the ship. It’s more of an aid to the longshoremen if there are two ships in port on same day - teal tags go on NCL Getaway; other tags go on Carnival, Disney whatever….You can also get a colored tag at the port when you arrive and hand over your luggage to the baggage handlers. 

14 minutes ago, cresx said:

I have never been able to print the luggage tags in color. Is there a trick to this?

There is no need to print your tags in color. They have no meaning on NCL.

More specifically, the color at the bottom of the tag represents which ship you are on. So every single bag at the curbside will have the exact same color, regardless of where your room is. 

9 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

There is no need to print your tags in color. They have no meaning on NCL.

More specifically, the color at the bottom of the tag represents which ship you are on. So every single bag at the curbside will have the exact same color, regardless of where your room is. 

Basically colors are unique to a specific ship and when two or more ships are boarding at

one port the color helps insure your luggage gets on YOUR ship.

If printing your own tags (color or B & W) just make sure you are giving your luggage to the

right porters at your ships check-in.

Color confusion happens with colored tags used in debarking of luggage at the end of the cruise.

The cruise line provides the color group tags.

The colors are used to help locate your luggage in the claim area arranged with your

time of debarking.

Leaving earlier than you assigned debarking time may result in your luggage not being

ready for claiming.

Disregard the color tags if doing a WALK-OFF does not apply !

On a large mega break-class ship the luggage that is handled easily exceeds the luggage

of 10 747 jets - the baggage/luggage gorillas are in 7th heaven !

19 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

There is no need to print your tags in color.

You can really take it one more step.  There is no need to print your luggage tags.  The porters will attach them in an instant. It's kind of an odd remnant in cruising that makes no sense. No one asks about affixing airline luggage tags prior to travel, they do it at the airport. Really no different.

2 hours ago, leisuretraveler223 said:

You can really take it one more step.  There is no need to print your luggage tags.  The porters will attach them in an instant. It's kind of an odd remnant in cruising that makes no sense. No one asks about affixing airline luggage tags prior to travel, they do it at the airport. Really no different.

Not sure the porters really want to fill out thousands of luggage tags per day… It’s really not that hard to print them yourself, and it saves YOU time and aggravation when boarding.

• Like 2

We always put them on, always in black and white, never an issue. We had to one time have them put one on for us and they did not even care. But I am sure of they had to do that for eveyone would slow the process down.

On 2/6/2023 at 11:13 AM, CILCIANRQTS said:

Not sure the porters really want to fill out thousands of luggage tags per day… It’s really not that hard to print them yourself, and it saves YOU time and aggravation when boarding.

You are more than free to think that. You're wrong, but that's your prerogative.

1 hour ago, leisuretraveler223 said:

You are more than free to think that. You're wrong, but that's your prerogative.

Thank you for the permission to have an independent thought that differs from yours.

You must be great fun at parties. 🙄

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, MoCruiseFan said:

Use a color printer

Thanks for your excellent insight, now twice in this thread. It's really not necessary to even have them printed in color, as noted by several people commenting before you.  The OP has even said that they have a color printer...

Edited by hallux

6 hours ago, leisuretraveler223 said:

Here's the correct perspective. Hand scribbled cabin number by a porter which (1) is sometimes wrong and (2) can not be read correctly by ship's personnel... leaving your bags outside someone else's room.... or having a clearly printed number.... where it is no doubt. 

Print your tags in black and white. Attach them on both handles of your suitcase. And you will get your bags delivered. 

Edited by BirdTravels
  • Like 1

Although it’s not necessary to print in color, the same thing happened to me. I clicked on the link to the luggage tags and it only printed in black and white. Without changing any settings, when I printed out my eDocs the red and blue print did print correctly. I ended up using the snipping tool to copy the luggage tag then pasted it into Word to print and it printed fine in color. 

• Like 2

On 2/5/2023 at 10:19 AM, cresx said:

I have color ink in it. I have it set to print in color. It never does. I can print everything else in color. Just never NCL luggage tags. 

You can print them to a PDF and then print them onto paper. Hopefully this will bypass whatever issue your printer has with the original document and allow color printing.

Sorry about the issue. Technology can be a pain when it wants to be. Good luck!