Celebrity Solstice - Pacific Coast Itinerary in Jeopardy

CrazyTrain2

2 hours ago, sunviking90 said:

It would also be nice if they update the website! The old itineraries are still showing for booking.

Agree.  West coast itineraries are in a state of Flux.  Both dealing with slower speeds regarding whales and the politics in Monterey makes for confusion.

Cruiselines are attempting to please all involved.  

17 hours ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

Agree.  West coast itineraries are in a state of Flux.  Both dealing with slower speeds regarding whales and the politics in Monterey makes for confusion.

Cruiselines are attempting to please all involved.

Wish there was a policy where if they change every single port of call in a sailing you can cancel your booking for a full refund. I mean if they offer that when they change the embark and disembark ports, they can offer that when they change all the ports of call.

• Like 1

On 2/9/2023 at 11:27 AM, terrydtx said:

We were in Venice last August for a cruise on HAL that departed from Trieste. Compared to Pre Covid, Venice was so much nicer, the canals were clearer, cleaner and didn't have the old stench of sewage from having the lagoon and grand canal churned up by the mega ships.

A fellow San Antonian!

14 minutes ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

The whole west coast cruising for Celebrity is in Jeopardy is in trouble is because no one want to cruise there 

When they are offering cruise at $499 in a balcony you know there is trouble 

5B132B37-5AF6-4A46-99D6-F5BBD0B92D00.png

I agree. It looks like after this year, Celebrity has no west coast cruises in 2024. 

Edited by terrydtx

4 hours ago, terrydtx said:

I agree. It looks like after this year, Celebrity has no west coast cruises in 2024. 

The Solstice was supposed to be in Asia in 2023. But Covid canceled those itineraries so they had to park the ship in L.A.  It has had a much less time to book those trips. The ship will return to Asia after the Alaska cruises. Thus, no longer in L.A.

Carnival, Holland America, Disney, Princess all have a busy CA presence. 

Edited by Rtowncruiser

15 minutes ago, Rtowncruiser said:

The Solstice was supposed to be in Asia in 2023. But Covid canceled those itineraries so they had to park the ship in L.A.  It has had a much less time to book those trips. The ship will return to Asia after the Alaska cruises. Thus, no longer in L.A.

Carnival, Holland America, Disney, Princess all have a busy CA presence. 

We have a HAL Pacific Coast cruise booked for November this year on the Koingsdam.  There are a lot of cabins available too, so HAL isn't selling them much better than Celebrity.

Edited by terrydtx

We've always enjoyed all our West Coast cruises. Looking forward to our Celebrity Eclipse West Coast cruise, 8 October 2023. We booked it while on the Summit last September and the current pricing is still higher than what we paid. We'll keep our fingers crossed the itinerary doesn't get altered. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

The whole west coast cruising for Celebrity is in Jeopardy is in trouble is because no one want to cruise there 

When they are offering cruise at $499 in a balcony you know there is trouble 

5B132B37-5AF6-4A46-99D6-F5BBD0B92D00.png

Sadly that is true.  When they had to move Solstice we jumped on it right away and were able to book a B2B in a Royal Suite for roughly the price we normally pay for Aqua Class.  I am thrilled beyond words to finally be able to experience a RS but very disheartened that the cruises are not selling well as they are frankly some of my favorites!  I am not sure of why they don't sell but have several thoughts.  First, California does not have the high number of retirees that Florida has to fill their sailings.  Second, I think most Californians or those nearby feel that they can (fairly) easily just drive up and down the coast and spend more time in their favorite ports.  Third, for those who are beach fanatics, nice warm weather and beautiful beaches are more likely to be found in the Caribbean year round.  Last and not least, for the Mexico sailings I think concern about safety is a big factor.  Now this of course doesn't explain how other cruise lines seem to succeed in this area (or do they?  Maybe their interim coastal sailings - meaning pre and post Alaska - have similar issues filling their ships?)