MSC Meraviglia Dining question

bruce85

1 hour ago, bruce85 said:

I hate to ask this, because I'm sure it's been asked before. I did try the search function with no luck.  

Does anyone know the email to send a table for two requests ahead of cruise? 

Thanks

Maybe someone has it but never seen it. I have always just requested one when booking and always received it. If not then go to the maitre 'd on the day of embarkation and he will arrange it.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bruce85 said:

I hate to ask this, because I'm sure it's been asked before. I did try the search function with no luck.  

Does anyone know the email to send a table for two requests ahead of cruise? 

Thanks

mscexistingreservations@msccruisesusa.com

Hit or miss whether you will get a reply or they will honor your request. If not, just see the maître d’ on the first night of your cruise and see if you can be moved.

• Like 1

A different dining table question.

We booked a Fantastica experience balcony and requested early sitting.  Since then, I have seen postings stating that our request is not guaranteed and we could be put in 9:00 PM dining, which is far too late for us.

Are people who pay for their dining time request then forced into late seating?  That just doesn't seem to be right.

Note that we are typically MTD people, but we knew in advance that it was not an option on Fantastica.

19 minutes ago, davy jones said:

A different dining table question.

We booked a Fantastica experience balcony and requested early sitting.  Since then, I have seen postings stating that our request is not guaranteed and we could be put in 9:00 PM dining, which is far too late for us.

Are people who pay for their dining time request then forced into late seating?  That just doesn't seem to be right.

Note that we are typically MTD people, but we knew in advance that it was not an option on Fantastica.

I have never had a problem with kindly asking the maitre 'd if our table could be switched. If you find it is not what you want to go to the maitre 'd and kindly ask for something that can accommodate you. Explain nicely and you should not have any problems at all. But that is just my experience.

22 hours ago, JT1962 said:

mscexistingreservations@msccruisesusa.com

Hit or miss whether you will get a reply or they will honor your request. If not, just see the maître d’ on the first night of your cruise and see if you can be moved.

Thank you again. They answered within 5 hours and confirmed my request.

7 hours ago, ready2cruzagain said:

I have never had a problem with kindly asking the maitre 'd if our table could be switched. If you find it is not what you want to go to the maitre 'd and kindly ask for something that can accommodate you. Explain nicely and you should not have any problems at all. But that is just my experience.

Last time we sailed with MSC we tried that. Had no luck, told all tables for two were gone. We ended up eating buffet every night. They answered my email and confirmed my table request. I will of course still visit the maitre'd when we board to confirm again. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, bruce85 said:

Thank you again. They answered within 5 hours and confirmed my request.

Good to know.  Hopefully you won’t have to follow up with the maître d’ once you arrive on board, but don’t be shocked if you do. 😊 

We just got off Mera.  2 cabins of 2, linked from initial booking.  Once checked in, we were at 2 different tabled in MDR.  Going straight to MDR at boarding we were given the same table.  My knock on the MDR is they have way to many tables jammed into the room and it is extremely cramped.  

If you buy the dining package or have a Diamond comp meal, you need to find the reservation line and book those dinners on the first day.  We ate at specialty for 4 meals so MDR was less of a hassle for us.

• 1 month later...
6 hours ago, rccllovergirl said:

How in advance have you sent an e mail?  If you already have taken a cruise did you get a table for two? 

I think about 3 weeks and yes I did get a table for 2. The MDR we sat in had a lot of 2 tops. They are very close together, so chatting with next table can be done easily, or you can talk between yourselves, unlike getting seated at a large table