Venice Hotels

highplanesdrifters

Last time we sailed out of Venice, we flew from west coast US, SFO to Germany, then down to Venice.  Was a long haul, and we had been doing all the stuff you do to get ready to leave.  My DW is prone to jet lag, so upon arrival in Venice airport, we rented a car and drove about an hour into the foothills north of Venice, to Asolo, where we had reserved a room for two nights - to rest and recover - at Hotel Villa Cipriani.  A small town, known for their Film Festival, and the hotel a small, elegant place, with spectacular view over the Veneto - looking out to the Eugenean Hills far away.  We had one of the best meals we have ever had there - Katy bar the door!  Lovely outdoor spaces for taking in the view, a pool of course, the American Bar (felt very international!).  Food was fabulous.  We went there to rest up and be able to go to Venice and spend our time already refreshed and rested, which was in fact an excellent strategy.  When we got to Venice, and checked into Hotel Moresco, we were ready to spend all day walking and vaporettoing all over the place.  We're big fans of small boutique hotels; not that we don't like the uber bling places, but if you want a time to rest and enjoy the view (with lots of very cool drives to be had in the area), check it out.  One of my all time favorite hotel stays.  

• Like 4

We will be in Venice this May at the end of our Silversea cruise and I started researching hotels in Venice soon after we booked the cruise. There are many good options. After much research and asking lots of friends for their recommendations, we booked (through our travel agent) the Baglioni Hotel Luna. This will be our first visit to Venice and so far, the hotel concierges has been very responsive and helpful with my inquiries about restaurant and tour suggestions. 

• Like 1

On 2/19/2023 at 2:16 PM, Sunny429 said:

We will be in Venice this May at the end of our Silversea cruise and I started researching hotels in Venice soon after we booked the cruise. There are many good options. After much research and asking lots of friends for their recommendations, we booked (through our travel agent) the Baglioni Hotel Luna. This will be our first visit to Venice and so far, the hotel concierges has been very responsive and helpful with my inquiries about restaurant and tour suggestions. 

I meant to write that we booked the Londra Palace. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

SS is using Monaco Grand Canal for their pre cruise package.

Anyone familiar with this hotel? Also is it significantly more expensive to book hotel via SS than independently?

My understanding is that if you book d2d and a hotel with them then transfers to/from the hotel are included?

48 minutes ago, ak1004 said:

SS is using Monaco Grand Canal for their pre cruise package.

Anyone familiar with this hotel? Also is it significantly more expensive to book hotel via SS than independently?

My understanding is that if you book d2d and a hotel with them then transfers to/from the hotel are included?

We are doing two days prior through SS this August in Venice. They have us at Hilton Molino Stucky and it looks lovely.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, A Tucson Guy said:

We are doing two days prior through SS this August in Venice. They have us at Hilton Molino Stucky and it looks lovely.

How much they charge for this hotel?

9 minutes ago, A Tucson Guy said:

Two nights for $1340 for two. I know that is expensive but I wanted the transfers etc. That does include breakfast each day .

And they also waive flight deviation fee if you book hotel with them right?

2 hours ago, ak1004 said:

Hi, not so sure about that.........they have changed a lot of things over the past couple of years. I have booked multiple hotels through SS and the flights don't have anything to do with it. Actually, they changed their "Gateway Cities" and in order not pay a deviation fee, I now  book my own flight to the Gateway City (if I am flying to Europe) because I can find a lower rate on that domestic flight than what SS would charge me. The Business Class flight overseas through SS is still lower than I can do on my own but the domestic? Not so much.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ak1004 said:

I did not get charged a deviation fee either. Also, I really like the flights that the SS Air Desk got me out of Tucson AZ. So far, post Covid, we are 3 for 3 on SS Bus Air on getting great flights and connections.

Edited by A Tucson Guy
Add item
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, A Tucson Guy said:

I did not get charged a deviation fee either. Also, I really like the flights that the SS Air Desk got me out of Tucson AZ. So far, post Covid, we are 3 for 3 on SS Bus Air on getting great flights and connections.

You didn't? If I may ask, what city do you fly from?

4 minutes ago, A Tucson Guy said:

Tucson AZ

Do you have a non-stop flight to wherever you are going? Just wondering. What was it you deviated from that they didn't charge you for?

Pre cruise we stayed at the JW Marriott. Since we have been to Venice a few times we were happy to be away from the crowds on a private island.  Sunsets exquisite at the roof bar.  

On a working trip a few years ago I rented an apartment on the first floor of a garden courtyard. We were surrounded by lavender and other aromatic herbs. Heavenly perfumed air, but no room service. We lived like Venetian’s for a week. I worked during the day and DrSpins played. 

If you are adventurous do some research about apartments to rent. 

Edited by spinnaker2
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Lois R said:

Do you have a non-stop flight to wherever you are going? Just wondering. What was it you deviated from that they didn't charge you for?

Somebody on the forum asked if I had to pay a deviation fee and I assume they were referring to leaving two days early. I did not pay a fee.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, A Tucson Guy said:

Somebody on the forum asked if I had to pay a deviation fee and I assume they were referring to leaving two days early. I did not pay a fee.

Oh, ok...I misunderstood.  I was thinking about where the flights depart from (changing locations).

1 hour ago, spinnaker2 said:

Pre cruise we stayed at the JW Marriott. Since we have been to Venice a few times we were happy to be away from the crowds on a private island.  Sunsets exquisite at the roof bar.

I was strongly considering the JW Marriott last year. Seems like an excellent place to relax and recover from the overnight flight without the crowds, but still with a magnificent view.  I did read that it is sometimes used for conferences, which impacts use of some of the areas for other guests, so might be wise to inquire when booking. 

Related to Venice hotels, has anyone used Blacklane to pick them up at Venice hotel and take them to the cruise terminal?  The Blacklane website says they'll pick you up with water taxi at closest dock and then take you to a vehicle.  Will their water taxi pick us up at our hotel's private dock?  I booked my own flights, but they gave me 2 pre-departure Blacklane transfers.

• Like 1

On 5/14/2023 at 2:31 PM, A Tucson Guy said:

We are doing two days post through SS this August in Venice. They have us at Hilton Molino Stucky and it looks lovely.

We are doing two nights post cruise this Fall after two days in port in Fusina. We also decided on Hilton Molino Stucky, but booked on our own so we could take advantage of double points through Hilton Honors. 

What are all these perks everyone receives from their TA? We used an external TA and they gave us minimal shipboard credits. 

Edited by Bellanina
error

28 minutes ago, Bellanina said:

We are doing two nights post cruise this Fall after two days in port in Fusina. We also decided on Hilton Molino Stucky, but booked on our own so we could take advantage of double points through Hilton Honors. 

What are all these perks everyone receives from their TA? We used an external TA and they gave us minimal shipboard credits. 

There are many TA's that will give you a "gift" of between 5 and 10% of the total cruise package. That can amount to a fair amount of change!

• Like 2