Special Celebrations

RTR 21-0

Wasn’t sure how to title this, but when we booked our cruise with the Celebrity agent we were asked if we would be celebrating anything on our cruise.  We told them our anniversary and I see it’s noted on our copy of the booking confirmation.  Does Celebrity do anything  for those celebrating special events like chocolate covered strawberries and do you have to tell them or they automatically do it? 

We celebrated our anniversary on a December 2022 cruise. It was noted in our confirmation. We expected some celebration, typically a small chocolate cake brought to the table in Blu, but nothing was done at all. We did not bring it to anyone's attention. However, I did not notice any other celebrations while dining. On previous cruises I noted birthdays and anniversaries were celebrated frequently, sometimes more than one in a given evening.

On our January 2023 cruise, we celebrated DW's birthday, and it was also noted in our confirmation. I did mention it to the staff in Blu early in the cruise, and they did provide the cake and singing we had hoped for. I do not recall any other such celebrations on that cruise while dining in Blu.

My advice: tell them.

• Thanks 2

Our experience is that it’s noted but really something they don’t follow up…. 
We normally do a cruise for our wedding anniversary. We have celebrated 4,5,6,8,9 years on X and nothing. 
We did Royal symphony on our 7.year anniversary and we had cake to the table and greetings from the staff. 

Husband had birthday on a MSC cruise and it was cake, song and full party from the crew to dinner. 

So we don’t expect much on X as for celebration…. 

• Thanks 1

We recently got off the Edge— celebrated our anniversary.  We were serve the cake— also very surprise to come back to our room being dark— turning on light, seeing the towel swans & bottle of champagne!  All complementary!   Very surprised—- Our room attendant was the best!

797E3764-FA2D-4D5E-B53B-0B7A65D0C7EA.jpeg

7595EE6E-ECEC-4CE9-A1BA-FBCAFCAF25E9.jpeg

3419D56B-3516-481A-9654-C58618A37772.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I think it's important to remind the Maitre 'd and you won't be disappointed. 

I think the response is sometimes also related to the Room Classification.   In a Suite you can probably expect more than in a regular room.   It will also be dependent on the staff you have.    

I was born on Thanksgiving Day and my Birthday always falls close to Thanksgiving which is a time of year we usually sail.    Some cruises the Butler decorates the room and door a little where others the Retreat Manager and Concierge go full out with Flowers, Wine, Decoration etc.    One cruise I had 5 cakes and ended up sending them to the Crew Dining room as thanks.  

We also planned a Birthday party with the Hotel Director for Mar, Retreat Concierge and Joe.   The butlers even helped.  

they went all out.   initially they didn’t have Mar on the cake but a rush request fixed that. 

A53E1A05-CE12-4F04-BF6E-9DEBC298C3E9.thumb.jpeg.d40f6613b65a00cd3b16f0f2589e3d19.jpeg

11CF3E81-9301-42DB-96A4-199E1CEA7A3B.thumb.jpeg.44f4f8f4804565594a4b8e13ec6eaee6.jpeg

927B1128-6DE0-47FE-99FB-649E546F6C2A.thumb.jpeg.730166414ad4cccc7cd8c6caebf21f08.jpeg

Edited by Jim_Iain
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!

The cake is the usual,item..and maybe small rose or flowers from Cap Club,,..hit or miss    Used to have Anniv parties.. but no more,

I usually cruise on my b day..we dress up for the  night...and Celebrate..sometimes with  a small gathering with  folks from the roll call if we have an active  group!

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, hcat said:

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!

The cake is the usual,item..and maybe small rose or flowers from Cap Club,,..hit or miss    Used to have Anniv parties.. but no more,

I usually cruise on my b day..we dress up for the  night...and Celebrate..sometimes with  a small gathering with  folks from the roll call if we have an active  group!

Thank you HCat and thanks to all who replied.  Enjoyed seeing those pics 😊

The squeaky wheel is needed here. We mention it onboard and have never been disappointed. From an anniversary cake in the dining room, staff singing happy birthday to my daughter, the butler decorating the suite for my husband’s birthday, and even a song from Captain Kate, we have always been well treated. 

4AA09E34-27A7-4E8A-B52C-8A4C6B6991EF.jpeg

770C6D6D-85C5-4D26-A8A1-6D37E2B7A23C.jpeg

BE3F9F92-53ED-4B0A-9B21-BB66DCACBC7E.jpeg

• Like 3

Our TA agent noted DH and I were both celebrating our birthdays on our reservations. Fourth day into the cruise the waiters  brought a cake for husband for his birthday and sang happy birthday. When they were done, I asked what happened about my birthday. So they put the cake in front of me with another candle and  sang happy birthday to me. I didn’t need another cake but was surprised they didn’t know about me. Nice chocolate cake.

If you really need a celebration, you make sure it is done. Don’t assume you will get something.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, RTR 21-0 said:

Wasn’t sure how to title this, but when we booked our cruise with the Celebrity agent we were asked if we would be celebrating anything on our cruise.  We told them our anniversary and I see it’s noted on our copy of the booking confirmation.  Does Celebrity do anything  for those celebrating special events like chocolate covered strawberries and do you have to tell them or they automatically do it? 

Chocolate covered strawberries!!! Oh dear. Is that an American thing?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, C4HCG said:

Chocolate covered strawberries!!! Oh dear. Is that an American thing?

It is indeed although I feel like I’ve read about them in Paris possibly.  If you’ve never had them you should give them a try!  Sweet strawberries dipped in a really good quality chocolate - perfectly delicious! 

• Like 2

Chocolate covered strawberries do exist.  We were at the start of a TA on RC one time and I was attempting to order lunch in the MDR. The waiter said to me, "It's a long cruise madam, have a salad." I am a small person so it was funny to me but may not have been to others. I mentioned to head guy for dining room and let him know that while I was not offended others could be.  We later received chocolate covered strawberries and a note in our cabin.    

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Mommika said:

it is our 35th anniversary on embarkation day, I wonder if something will happen....

Drop by Customer Service disk or Captain's Club host on the first day and remind them.  As others say - the squeaky wheel gets the grease.