Unable to go on cruise in March. How to sell it to someone else

Mike Green

We have a 3 week cruise on 10 March, followed by a 2 week cruise ending 13 April.  Unfortunately something has happened resulting in us being unable to go.  P&O have said that despite it being short notice they would be prepared to transfer the names on the cruise to new names.  So we are wondering about trying to sell/transfer it.

So my question is, does anyone know how best to advertise this and where?

Thank you.

5 hours ago, gerryuk said:

Not sure its allowed but ask this question on the P&O board on here, you never know somebody might be interested? 

Probably not allowed. Also how would people know it is not a scam? I don't know anything about P&O but transfering booking is not anything I ever heard was possible. Why would a cruise line do that when they can resell the space themselves? 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Charles4515 said:

Probably not allowed. Also how would people know it is not a scam? I don't know anything about P&O but transfering booking is not anything I ever heard was possible. Why would a cruise line do that when they can resell the space themselves? 

My thought also, but if P&O allows it, BRBO might be a starting point --  I think I would be doubtful about making such a purchase from a stranger.   Have you friends or family who might like to buy you out?

3 hours ago, navybankerteacher said:

My thought also, but if P&O allows it, BRBO might be a starting point --  I think I would be doubtful about making such a purchase from a stranger.   Have you friends or family who might like to buy you out?

Too bad there isn't a safe way to do this. I have a $700 FCC from Celebrity and doubt I will use it. I wish RCI would accept these.

11 hours ago, Charles4515 said:

The cruise line cannot resell the space themselves though, the op holds the tickets for that cabin. If the op cannot sell the tickets on, and the cruise line wont reimburse them, then they will be a now show. 

I am assuming here, with the ops name and it being P&O tells me that the op is in the UK?. If P&O agree to transfer the names on the ticket then the op should try advertising the tickets at a reasonable discount on sites like P&O Facebook pages and the like. 

12 hours ago, Charles4515 said:

Probably not allowed. Also how would people know it is not a scam?

Just an idea, the buyer arranges to pay via their bank on the second - third day of the cruise. If the buyer is on the cruise and does not pay, the seller gets the police to greet them at disembarkation. There are always ways around this.  

8 hours ago, gerryuk said:

Just an idea, the buyer arranges to pay via their bank on the second - third day of the cruise. If the buyer is on the cruise and does not pay, the seller gets the police to greet them at disembarkation. There are always ways around this.  

I think that would be problematic.The police likely won't get involved.  If OP can find someone having them pay either to their travel agent or P&O who are set up to receive payments would be safest. 

16 hours ago, Wayfairers said:

...  If it is allowed CC would be a good place to sell it as everyone here likes to cruise.  

Not allowed.

From the Guidelines we all agreed to follow when registering for our free Cruise Critic memberships:

Advertising is Not Allowed

Cruise Critic has strict guidelines prohibiting blatant advertising, commercial sales and solicitation posts on all of our message boards.

Our Cruise Community is meant to be an exchange of advice and tips where cruisers can talk about their travels -- not a marketplace for advertising and selling services. There are thousands of cruise professionals online and if we didn't insist on a non-solicitation policy the cruise boards would be very quickly overrun with nothing but ads.

Cruise Critic defines advertising as an individual or company's attempt to generate business or other commercial enterprise, either directly or indirectly, by using our Cruise Board...

If anyone has any questions/comments/feedback please note the following also from the Guidelines:

"... If you have any questions or comments regarding our posting guidelines or any content found on our message boards please be sure and let me know. I'll be happy to discuss them with you.

LauraS
Senior Manager, Community
community@cruisecritic.com ..."

Please send your email with your questions/comments/feedback to LauraS, Senior Manager, Community at community@cruisecritic.com. Also, please send the email from your Cruise Critic email address of record and be sure to mention your Cruise Critic user name. This is so your membership can be verified, and reply sent to your Cruise Critic email address of record. If your current Cruise Critic email address of record is not correct and needs to be updated before you send your email, please see the following: How to: Change your Cruise Critic Email Address or User Name

Hope this information will be helpful to anyone reading this now closed thread. 

Host Kat

• Like 1