Dinner in MDR/ ordering extras

Just now, superduper123 said:

In the past, on more than one occasion, I would order a salad and also a soup as a starter. With the new menus, and new rules about ordering extras, does anyone know if this is still permissible? Are the extra charges only for entrees, lobster, etc.?

We sailed on Odyssey on 1/28 for eight nights as a group of seven. None of us had any issue ordering more than one appetizer, dessert or even entree (DH and BIL ordered two entrees on multiple nights). Only thing you can no longer order more than one of is the lobster tail, but two of our group doesn’t eat seafood so they each got two anyway 😎

18 minutes ago, superduper123 said:

In the past, on more than one occasion, I would order a salad and also a soup as a starter. With the new menus, and new rules about ordering extras, does anyone know if this is still permissible? Are the extra charges only for entrees, lobster, etc.?

Order what you want... we got 4 apps and 4-5 entrees between 3 of us every night so we could all try something different

5 hours ago, Newcruiser2012 said:

None of us had any issue ordering more than one appetizer, dessert or even entree

There was another thread on here recently where someone was reporting that on at least one of the ships they were requiring people to order one thing at a time (at least with entrees, I can't recall if it applied to appetizers & desserts).  But it seemed specific to that one ship, I haven't seen reports from anyone saying that this is a fleet-wide change (at least at this point).  So it's possible that this may be changing, or it's possible that they're toying with the change on at least one ship at the moment to see how people react (based on that thread- they're not reacting well at all).

8 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Order as many appetizers and desserts as you want. Only entrees were limited and limited. 

As I mentioned in a previous post we were just on Odyssey and there was no limit to the number of entrees one could order with the exception of lobster tail. 

From all the reports I've seen regarding the new menus, you can still order as many Starters, Main entrée's and desserts as you want with the following caveats:

1. Lobster night can only order one lobster tail before paying ~$17 for another.  (or like a previous poster said, if someone at your table doesn't want one, have them order it anyway and get the second one from that person)
  2. On at least one ship, if you order more than one entrée they bring them out one at a time, only bringing the second when you are done with the first
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, The Fun Researcher said:

From all the reports I've seen regarding the new menus, you can still order as many Starters, Main entrée's and desserts as you want with the following caveats:

1. Lobster night can only order one lobster tail before paying ~$17 for another.  (or like a previous poster said, if someone at your table doesn't want one, have them order it anyway and get the second one from that person)
  2. On at least one ship, if you order more than one entrée they bring them out one at a time, only bringing the second when you are done with the first

On Quantum all appetizers came out at once and then all entrees  came out at once on the first night. All at our table asked for the things to be brought out one at a time. Next nine nights every thing came out after the first was finished. Table for eight had 14 plates of apps on first night that over filled the table. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, The Fun Researcher said:

Are you talking about that one little lobster tail...another one is hardly worth $17.00 :classic_laugh:

10 hours ago, superduper123 said:

Just sailed Anthem and always ordered 2 appetizers every night.  One night the appetizers were not to my liking and ordered the spaghetti dish from the kid's menu as an appetizer.  

• Like 1