A Few Seascape Questions

momofmab

It's been hard to find this info on the MSC website and I've watched numerous ship's tours on YouTube and nothing has been mentioned.

Is there a coffee shop on board?  If in YC, does one get their morning coffee from the YC lounge?  Do they have all the traditional espresso drink options there?

Is the Ocean Cay seafood restaurant "free" or is there an upcharge?  Anyone have a menu from there?

Thank you!

Yes, you do have an Espresso machine in your suite, but you also have 24-hour butler service, so you can have it delivered to your room.

Ocean Cay (the restaurant, not the island) and all of the other specialty restaurants have a fee or a la carte pricing.  This may be TMI, but this recent post from Seascape describes all the restaurants, including YC and other experiences:  https://eatsleepcruise.com/msc-seascape-restaurants-guide-with-menus/

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The bar on deck 5 in the atrium is the main coffee bar on the Seascape, and to my knowledge only one with flavor syrups like vanilla/hazelnut/caramel/etc. The YC bar just has the standard espresso based coffees. They make great lattes and macchiatos there, always started my day with two or three and then usually one after dinner as well. Also just about every bar on MSC ships has an espresso machine, so you're never truly far from coffee.

• Like 3

I have 26 crises on Carnival, Viking, Princess and Disney and MSC has the BEST room service coffee I have ever had on a cruise.  I also take advantage of cappuccinos from the bar as well as Venti ( the Venti is additional fee- but oh so good!)

• Like 2

• 11 months later...

I also have a few questions.  Glad momofmab asked about coffee as that was one of my questions and it now have been answered.  I booked Seascape yesterday for a sailing well into the future.  Know nothing about MSC or this ship except that she will be sailing from my home town of Galveston beginning November 2026.  My husband and I are Diamond+ with Royal Caribbean, but want to at least give MSC a try.  Because drinks are not included in the Aurea class for North America sailings, I chose to book Fantastica class.  Hope that was not a mistake.  If we must purchase drinks separately anyway, I saw no benefit of Aurea class.

Is there any space on Seascape to sit quietly and read?  Other than one's room or balcony.  We are spoiled using the Crown Lounge on RC ships and are in there a few hours daily.

Does MSC offer a coffee card or package? 

What is the approximate cost of 2-device internet access for a 7-night sailing?

Does MSC have daytime activities such as trivia?

Anything a total newbie needs to know about sailing this line or this ship?

Thanks for any advice.   

Edited by sailingjudy
more info

There have been many Live from threads and reviews of Seascape recently and may contain daily programs.  And there will be many more before you sail.  What is going on now may change over two years.  I have not been on Seascape but did ten days on Seashore, slightly older sister, in Dec.  I did a Live from with lots of pictures.  Most of the lounges have the same names on Seascape, a few are the same venue with different name.  On deck 8 is the Loft Cafe which has lots of seating and I found it much under utilized both on Seaside and Seashore.  It is opposite the Sports bar.  Aft on decks 6&7 is Le Cabaret Rouge.  Lots and lots of seating.  Even saw a man napping on a couch when I passed thru.  There is the Uptown Lounge on deck 8 aft but no exterior views there.  Lots of seating on the various levels around the atrium, and in Times Square,  up you are in danger there of being distracted by people watching.  
 So, be patient and READ!  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sailingjudy said:

I booked Seascape yesterday for a sailing well into the future. 

you should have booked the rate which included the Easy Plus drink package and wifi. Since you booked fantastica, you can safely cancel it and rebook the fare with the package/wifi included in it (not free, of course) if the difference in price suits you. This is usually a much better value than buying a drink package and wifi package separately.

When we booked the Seascape in 2022 for 2023 sailing, the difference in price between a no-frills fare and fare with Easy+ and wifi was $90 pp. Now it is around $300 pp, depending on the sailing. If $300 pp is worth it to you for an alcohol/mocktails/bottled water/fancy coffee package and wifi, go for it.

If you click on my Seascape review link in my signature, you can see the current menus and dailies. I have no doubt they will change by Nov 2026.

During the day many bars in the middle of the ship are closed - they are empty, provide nice seating and lovely views of the water.  Also, Loft Cafe Essiesmom mentioned was quite nice and quiet as well.

I found Le Cabaret Rouge to be a rather dark venue, so - for me personally it wasn't a nice spot for reading.

We were on deck 10 fowardand under our balconies (deck 😎 there were a lot of loungers and barely any people. You can exit through the Loft Cafe, which also has outside seating (but it was a smoking section). 

20231119_160227.thumb.jpg.856004d83347836929c0014ede18dbc9.jpg

20231120_092418.thumb.jpg.4a73864cfa88c4f0e0074831acb83358.jpg

1 hour ago, sailingjudy said:

you can see all the package and add-on prices if you log in on msc website to manage your booking.

Other than that, please do a search with the word Seascape on this forum and you will see all the threads about Seascape. That should provide you with plethora of information.

image.thumb.png.a8e5bdf5df0d8434567908b7a232a0ac.png

Edited by Itchy&Scratchy
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

There is another, easier way to search for Seascape.  Top left hand see See posts about:  then Select ship.  In the dropdown menu, choose Seascape.  This pic is from the Carnival board but it works the same on every board

IMG_2831.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

(deck 😎

that's supposed to say deck 8

@sailingjudy

41 minutes ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

you can safely cancel it and rebook the fare with the package/wifi included in it

and that should say "you MAY be able to safely cancel"

Edited by Itchy&Scratchy
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

you should have booked the rate which included the Easy Plus drink package and wifi. Since you booked fantastica, you can safely cancel it and rebook the fare with the package/wifi included in it (not free, of course) if the difference in price suits you. This is usually a much better value than buying a drink package and wifi package separately.

.......(snipped)

Thank you very much for all the information and advice.  I will search for Seascape and see what I can learn in this forum.  We dealt with a travel agent to book this cruise -- something I never do -- and were not offered any rates that included the Easy Plus drink package and WiFi except if booked into Yacht Club.  Yacht Club was 3 times the rate I booked as Fantastica and twice the rate if had booked Aurea.  I tried to sign into MSC for my booking and got nowhere.  Maybe I need to wait a few days; possibly the travel agent has not entered everything correctly yet; or, possibly this booking is for a cruise too far into the future for there to be any add-ons to buy.  I'll try calling the TA again when have time later today.  Thanks again.

Edited by sailingjudy
correct format
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Essiesmom said:

There is another, easier way to search for Seascape.  Top left hand see See posts about:  then Select ship.  In the dropdown menu, choose Seascape.  This pic is from the Carnival board but it works the same on every board

IMG_2831.jpeg

lol.  Guess what!  When do that, the drop down list does not include MSC Seascape.  Strange.

• Haha 1

On 1/26/2024 at 9:47 AM, Itchy&Scratchy said:

If you click on my Seascape review link in my signature, you can see the current menus and dailies.

I've been on these boards for several years now and still have no idea what this means .... as to "in my signature."  Where is this?  I've tried several times to find reviews ppl reference, but I'm clueless!  Any help is appreciated! 

26 minutes ago, 80sGal said:

.... as to "in my signature."  Where is this?

You have to be signed in to Cruise Critic, at the bottom of each person's (who uses the signature function) post are the words "Expand signature".  People can put links to their reviews, blogs etc... there.

You may need to go to your account settings and turn on "View signatures".

Signature.thumb.jpg.553fbe887b2c5453d3b3b3e501fb8f8f.jpg

• Like 1

On 1/26/2024 at 8:47 AM, sailingjudy said:

I also have a few questions.  Glad momofmab asked about coffee as that was one of my questions and it now have been answered.  I booked Seascape yesterday for a sailing well into the future.  Know nothing about MSC or this ship except that she will be sailing from my home town of Galveston beginning November 2026.  My husband and I are Diamond+ with Royal Caribbean, but want to at least give MSC a try.  Because drinks are not included in the Aurea class for North America sailings, I chose to book Fantastica class.  Hope that was not a mistake.  If we must purchase drinks separately anyway, I saw no benefit of Aurea class.

Is there any space on Seascape to sit quietly and read?  Other than one's room or balcony.  We are spoiled using the Crown Lounge on RC ships and are in there a few hours daily.

Does MSC have daytime activities such as trivia?

Anything a total newbie needs to know about sailing this line or this ship?

Thanks for any advice.   

If you didn't use a travel agent transfer your booking to one.

If.....you experience any issues you will be glad you had one.

Costs you nothing.

I recently booked another while on the Seashore 2 weeks ago.

I transferred it to a travel agent last week and yesterday found out they took away my YC Grand suite on deck 16 and put me in a YC GS handicap room on deck 19.

Already have the TA on it. I will not sail on that deck. As we stay up till 2am and sleep to 10-11. The pool deck is above.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Até said:

You have to be signed in to Cruise Critic, at the bottom of each person's (who uses the signature function) post are the words "Expand signature".  People can put links to their reviews, blogs etc... there.

You may need to go to your account settings and turn on "View signatures".

Signature.thumb.jpg.553fbe887b2c5453d3b3b3e501fb8f8f.jpg

That must be it!  I didn't have that enabled!  THANKS!!

• Like 1