Latest you have received cabin assignment

lbfluffy

26 minutes ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

We have only done a guarantee cabin once before pandemic, and I may not remember exactly but it seems as if we did not get an assignment until about 1 week prior.  Would not swear to it...

30 minutes ago, lbfluffy said:

We are two weeks out from our cruise. We leave on the royal on March 2nd I am just wondering when is the latest people have found their assignment. The last time we had a guarantee we found out a month before..

Thank you 

It can be right up to an including the sail date.  We’ve had friends who weretold by the luggage handlers when they needed to write the cabin number on their luggage tag.

We did it once and it was 2 weeks before.

We were not notified, just saw it on the summary suddenly appear.  

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

It can be right up to an including the sail date.  We’ve had friends who weretold by the luggage handlers when they needed to write the cabin number on their luggage tag.

We did it once and it was 2 weeks before.

We were not notified, just saw it on the summary suddenly appear.  

Thank you 

24 minutes ago, ColoradoMom!! said:

What did you think of the location?  Was it in the same category?

One of them was pretty much what I'd expected, based on the guarantee category. It was a cheap inside - actually a very cheap inside - for a spur-of-the-moment cruise. The other one was a surprise upgrade from an inside to an oceanview. We were very pleased with that.

• Thanks 1

I was sent an email with my cabin assignment while my phone was in airplane mode as I was flying into Vancouver, Canada.   So I did not get the cabin assignment until I deplaned, less than 24 hours before the cruise.

I did not worry because I knew I was guaranteed no less than my base cabin level.

5 hours ago, Mike45LC said:

I was sent an email with my cabin assignment while my phone was in airplane mode as I was flying into Vancouver, Canada.   So I did not get the cabin assignment until I deplaned, less than 24 hours before the cruise.

I did not worry because I knew I was guaranteed no less than my base cabin level.

Exactly our experience.

Cabin was assigned while we were on a flight to LAX 24 hours before embarkation.

Those who find out at check-in probably did not check their reservation online in the 12 hours before heading to the pier.

There is a Live  from the Crown February 15 that the OP said they were upgraded and their medallion didn’t open their original cabin so they had to go to guest services and figure it out and they were told then that they were upgraded from an interior to a balcony cabin.  They didn’t mention anything about their luggage ,if their luggage made it to their new room or their old room. Assuming they still had bag tags on with their interior cabins information . So I would say that is pretty late notice.

Edited by arizonaperson