The Fleet Report and Daily for Thursday February 16th, 2023

cat shepard

Well, the menus are back in the folders. No more reminders about the hand sanitizers.  According to the dining room waitress, the health situation is contained and under control.  We are thankful it did not spread and the powers that be nipped it in the bud.

Two more days to go and we will be back in Miami.  We will take two days to get home with a stop midway in Florida.  No reason to rush.

Hope everyone had a good day.

Terri

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, cruising sister said:

I have been getting 8 free Covid tests from my pharmacy for several months. You just need to show your red white and blue card Medicare card at any pharmacy. They put it in as a prescription. You can do it once a month. This may stop soon as they are redoing the guidelines. I will pick up some more before it stops so I have plenty for my next few cruises. 

Went to our CVS today. Medicare covers cost but it will end early April according to my pharmacist. So get Covid test now if you want some.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, cruising sister said:

Snowing here too covering a layer of ice. No trash cans out for me. I have put a gauze pad over incision and I  limiting the use of my arm until cast changed out. Thanks for suggestions. 

At first we were supposed to get the ice as well, but that didn't happen.  From what I see outside, we will be on the lower end of the snow predictions.  I hope!

5 hours ago, richwmn said:

My experience with Comcast is about 15 years old, but back when I moved into a duplex it was during the time all the students were moving in and they gave me a 6 month 'student special'. After that they tried to double my cost and I went into the office and told them I wasn't paying any more than I had been, and they managed to find a similar discount for another 6 months or a year. That process continued for about 5 years. Every time they tried to raise my price I went to the office and complained and I never had a price increase but kept about the same channel lineup.

For the last 10 years I have had Dish Network, and it has been going up regularly as well. Each time I called to complain I was told there was nothing they could do. Last September, knowing I was going to be gone, I called to let them know I was going to cancel the account as of December 15 and my call was moved to a different department which was able to cut my bill in half if I would agree to a two year term. I accepted that.

When Spectrum bought Time Warner my rates went up.  I called about a special offer they had sent me in an email, but they said I wasn't eligible for it.  So why did they send it to me.  They looked and said the best they could do was to increase my rate by another $10.  I said thank you and hung up. I next disconnected the cable box, got in the car, and went to the office.  I gave them back their cable box and said I no longer wanted that service, just the internet.  They processed the termination very quietly and immediately tried to court me back as a new customer.  I told them they didn't want to deal with me when I was a customer, so I didn't want to deal with them now that I wasn't.  

54 minutes ago, aliaschief said:

Went to our CVS today. Medicare covers cost but it will end early April according to my pharmacist. So get Covid test now if you want some.

Thanks for that information.  I think I'll go get some tests when the weather clears.

• Like 10