2 bags left onboard in Room

leerathje

My DF was cruising with us on the Rotterdam, and we just disembarked on Wednesday. Unfortunately, he left a dress he bought for his special friend, and a shirt he bought on Half Moon Quay.  They were both new with tags on them, and in plastic bags. 

I found a thread from  2019 that said to complete the lost and found form or contact guest relations for other items.  They weren't really lost, but do you think the room steward would have turned them in?

L.

Back in October I left Nieuw Statendam. When I arrived home that evening I realized I had left two pair of shorts in the closet. I had friends who were still on the ship and I contacted them. They went to Guest Services with very good descriptions of the items and where they were left. After two days Guest Services said they were unable to locate them.

Chances are the items are gone.

Although Rich's shorts were gone, I would still fill out the forms for lost items.  If  your friend fills out the forms, he may get those items returned and he may not.  If he doesn't report it, he definitely won't get those items returned.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, dfish said:

Although Rich's shorts were gone, I would still fill out the forms for lost items.  If  your friend fills out the forms, he may get those items returned and he may not.  If he doesn't report it, he definitely won't get those items returned.

Agree with Debbie.  The lost and found is one of the links in the “contact us” on the HAL website.

I think that the steward(s) would have turned them in provided they saw them.

Warning HAL has farmed this service out and the charge for shipping may be too onerous to make it worthwhile if they are found.

Back in 2010, I left camera charger in our cabin in the shave outlet in the bathroom. Carnival was able to ship it back to us, but shipping was kind of high. Luckily we check a lot more thoroughly now that has happened to us and it hasn't happened since.

I would fill out the forms and at least ask.

Thanks all!  I did fill out the form for Dad, but was wondering more along the lines of if I was doing things correctly as they weren't really "lost".  I'm hoping that since they still had the tags on them, they would be turned in  We'll see what happens now.

L.

Many times I have intentionally left clothes behind since I had no longer any use for them, (usually in the waste can in the cabin - my own curse of over-packing).

So it could be assumed those left over clothes were a possible post-cruise "donation"?

I believe in the past those leftovers are donated to some sort of shore charity, or perhaps even shared among the crew for their families. 

1 hour ago, OlsSalt said:

Many times I have intentionally left clothes behind since I had no longer any use for them, (usually in the waste can in the cabin - my own curse of over-packing).

So it could be assumed those left over clothes were a possible post-cruise "donation"?

I believe in the past those leftovers are donated to some sort of shore charity, or perhaps even shared among the crew for their families. 

The ops family didn’t leave them in the garbage though.  Not sure how this is even remotely close.

Many years ago we got a call from HAL saying that something had been found in a cabin we had previously occupied.  It wasn't ours but they were calling people from the last few sailings.  I couldn't believe they were going to so much trouble. Though, like I said, it was years ago.  Things are different now.