Any news re future Ultimate Sale

WESTEAST

Read a social media post of a potential Ultimate Sale (all three OLife Choices) for 2023 sailings.  Anyone aware that such a sale might be in the works?  Of course would  presumably be sometime after the 20th Anniversary Sale ending on the 28th. 

1 minute ago, WESTEAST said:

Read a social media post of a potential Ultimate Sale (all three OLife Choices) for 2023 sailings.  Anyone aware that such a sale might be in the works?  Of course would  presumably be sometime after the 20th Anniversary Sale ending on the 28th. 

Yes. At least one TA in the US has access to it and has advertised on line.

• Like 1

Last November there was an apparently targeted sale for Florida residents. A friend showed me a brochure mailed to her from O with all qualifying cruises. Our February ‘23 cruise was $500 pp less. I called TA who had no knowledge of this “sale”. It was also not on O’s website. She contacted O and received sale price. However, had a friend not showed me the mailing from O, we would have paid $1,000 more. As my friend has never cruised with O, I’m guessing that the sale promotion was targeted to Florida residents who have cruised other lines??? 
I told another Florida friend that their upcoming O cruise was reduced. Their TA also wasn’t aware of sale but obtained the $1,000 reduction for them. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, WESTEAST said:

In the UK the O-life Ulimate sale starts on 1st MArch but can be accessed through various TA now.

1 hour ago, shepherd really said:

Yes, in North America it doesn't appear on the Oceania website yet but if you have the right agent you can get the list of included cruises.  

Google “Oceania Ultimate Sale UK”. Multiple TA listings showing 80 cruises. 

4 hours ago, Jayne E said:

Last November there was an apparently targeted sale for Florida residents. A friend showed me a brochure mailed to her from O with all qualifying cruises. Our February ‘23 cruise was $500 pp less. I called TA who had no knowledge of this “sale”. It was also not on O’s website. She contacted O and received sale price. However, had a friend not showed me the mailing from O, we would have paid $1,000 more. As my friend has never cruised with O, I’m guessing that the sale promotion was targeted to Florida residents who have cruised other lines??? 
I told another Florida friend that their upcoming O cruise was reduced. Their TA also wasn’t aware of sale but obtained the $1,000 reduction for them. 

if you are signed up with O for their specials  do they not  notify you?

8 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

if you are signed up with O for their specials  do they not  notify you?

No. I’ve been signed up since 2006. My TA had no notice of this Florida Resident sale and it did not appear on her O database. When she called her person at O they said they would give me the lower price.  My friend’s TA same situation The sale was for several cruises Miami-Miami in 2023. 
it appears there are “selective” targeted promotions.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Jayne E said:

No. I’ve been signed up since 2006. My TA had no notice of this Florida Resident sale and it did not appear on her O database. When she called her person at O they said they would give me the lower price.  My friend’s TA same situation The sale was for several cruises Miami-Miami in 2023. 
it appears there are “selective” targeted promotions.

Ahh  maybe  trying to recruit  new pax

1 minute ago, jonthomas said:

Certainly not all are treated the same.

Why florida residents only? Maybe since they dont need air.....

A lot of lines have Florida Residents specials  

also for  last minute booking as they can usually sale on short notice 

Though if it isn't a cabin-upgrade sale, then it isn't hardly much of an actual monetary saving. At least not at the cruise-only price comparison. O marketing fluff and obfuscation with words like "free" and "ultimate".

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LHT28 said:

Ahh  maybe  trying to recruit  new pax

I think so. Although it wasn’t for true last minute cruises, they were only 3-5 months out.

I know you’re aware of the “Lowest Price Guarantee” when booking on board, no way of knowing there was a new lowest price. Makes O’s guarantee not true. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MEFIowa said:

Though if it isn't a cabin-upgrade sale, then it isn't hardly much of an actual monetary saving. At least not at the cruise-only price comparison. O marketing fluff and obfuscation with words like "free" and "ultimate".

23JUL 2023 11 day sailing Regatta SEA-SEA:

Cruise only fare B2 - $5699.00 pp

OLife Ultimate fare B2 - $5999.00 pp ($300.00 pp OBC, 3 free shore excursions pp, Select beverage packagepp all included)

I would say this is a big savings over the cruise only fare......

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, basor said:

OLife Ultimate fare B2 - $5999.00 pp ($300.00 pp OBC, 3 free shore excursions pp, Select beverage packagepp all included)

I would say this is a big savings over the cruise only fare......

It's a 10% discount, but only if you actually care about the excursions and drink package.    I'll take it if I like the itinerary and the ship but if they threw in gratuities as well it would get my attention.   

31 minutes ago, shepherd really said:

It's a 10% discount, but only if you actually care about the excursions and drink package.    I'll take it if I like the itinerary and the ship but if they threw in gratuities as well it would get my attention.   

This is an itinerary we were looking at and our agency is offering pre=paid gratuities.....

• Like 1

16 hours ago, basor said:

OLife Ultimate fare B2 - $5999.00 pp ($300.00 pp OBC, 3 free shore excursions pp, Select beverage packagepp all included)....

So, for these 3 10-night cruises our TOTAL cruise-only is $6697. 30 nights! All with verandas.

2022 Sirena B2= $2349.00 pp

2023 Riviera B4= $2249.00 pp

2021 Riviera Concierge A4= $2099.00 pp

What continues to amaze is that those who persist in criticizing and b....ing about O's policies and practices continue to patronize the company. Plenty of other cruising options. Had a Viking cruise booked a few years ago, and cancelled because we decided we didn't like their unreasonable payment policies. Have never looked back. Oh, and slightly OT but mentioned again somewhere in this thread... some of us do find value in the OLife OBC perk in order to avoid sticker shock at the end of the cruise. Always take it, use all of it, happy campers...er...cruisers.🙂

• Like 2

It’s also important to realize that all of that savings someone is so proud of are mostly available on the less popular cruises that aren’t booked well. I found that almost none of our Oceania cruises were ever included in these sales☹️. The cabins are often sold out way before any sale is available. Our upcoming April 10th Mediterranean cruise has been completely sold out for many months. Obviously wasn’t the part of any recent sales. So, we normally book fast and don’t wait for sales. Like everything in life you get what you paid for.

I was able to see the list of cruises available from my TA today.  Our 2024 Riviera cruise is listed.  Now comes the question if Oceania will honor the sale on an already booked cruise.  Any experience with this out there?  I realize that I would loose any previous promotions, but all three O Life perks would be a much better deal for us.  

And yes, we do take ship excursions (in combination with independent ones), we do buy the drinks package, and we would love extra SBC to offset gratuities, bottles of premium wine at dinner, etc.So this sale seems like a good deal to us!

• Like 1