Any news re future Ultimate Sale

WESTEAST

5 minutes ago, the more ports the better said:

Hi Orv, 

I have O life booked, without air, on the May 10 Nautica, Singapore to Dubai.  The rate has gone up significantly.  Am I understanding correctly that OLife ultimate can be added without the increase in cruise fare since I booked OLife at the get go?  

My TA is out getting a knee replacement so I’ll call the service center and put up with the hold as long as I know they will make the change.

Thanks!

If you booked through a TA, O probably won’t talk to you. They wouldn’t even tell me my flights …….

Thanks Diva!  My TA has a service center with reps 24/7 so I can call their number.  I’m not sure if they can add it themselves or they have to call O.  

On one site it states that the Olife ultimate lasts through Wednesday so I’d rather call sooner than later if the change is possible without a fare increase.  O’s offices are closed on weekends though.

16 minutes ago, the more ports the better said:

Hi Orv, 

I have O life booked, without air, on the May 10 Nautica, Singapore to Dubai.  The rate has gone up significantly.  Am I understanding correctly that OLife ultimate can be added without the increase in cruise fare since I booked OLife at the get go?  

My TA is out getting a knee replacement so I’ll call the service center and put up with the hold as long as I know they will make the change.

Thanks!

I have had that happen before, but it's been a few years. The price went down at the same time. Unbelievable. 

Hope you don't mind me asking CJ, but has the price of your cruise increased since you booked it? Our TA has asked for the OLife Ultimate to be applied to our cruise, but Oceania is saying that we can have OLife Ultimate applied, but we will have to pay the current cruise price which is more expensive than we originally paid so not worth doing.  Oceania has asked our TA to provide them with an example of someone successfully having this applied to their booking.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• Like 1

Adding Ultimate after being book due to a promotion is available only to those who booked on board.  For the two cases for us, both where we had booked on board, a phone call to Oceania and reminder we booked on board and are subject to their guarantee, within minutes they confirmed and changed our booking to include the Ultimate.  (In both cases we had transferred the booking to our TA within the 30 day window after booking)

3 minutes ago, GICNJC said:

Adding Ultimate after being book due to a promotion is available only to those who booked on board....  

Booking on board is not a "sale", for example, like a cabin-upgrade sale. It gives you some perks (a small discount, reduced deposit, etc.). So, in such a case you are not combining any sales. Though I do envy those who can book a cabin-upgrade sale while on board! No such timing luck so far while on our 20 nights on board (with 30 more booked).

2 hours ago, jonthomas said:

I have to remember this tip.....that only if booked on board, or using a future cruise certif obtained on board.....

thank you for posting this reminder...

There are promos that cannot be combined with the book on board discounts ($$ off cruise price and OBC). I think the 20th Anniversary sale is one example (at least that's what the terms said, but in practice? Who knows). It never hurts to ask though.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, AMHuntFerry said:

There are promos that cannot be combined with the book on board discounts ($$ off cruise price and OBC). I think the 20th Anniversary sale is one example (at least that's what the terms said, but in practice? Who knows). It never hurts to ask though.

We just changed an itinerary booked on board and used a FCC purchased onboard for 2 different cruises both part of the 20th Anniversary sale and received both onboard discounts and 20th Anniversary sale ( large OBC).

2 minutes ago, basor said:

We just changed an itinerary booked on board and used a FCC purchased onboard for 2 different cruises both part of the 20th Anniversary sale and received both onboard discounts and 20th Anniversary sale ( large OBC).

Good to know. The lesson is "don't believe anything in writing and just ask (then ask again 😉 )."

• Like 2

So, if I buy some FCCs while onboard, does the 30 day window to transfer to a TA and potentially receive other bennies start when I buy the FCCs onboard, or whenever I select the specific cruise itinerary sometime in the future? But, perhaps I don’t lock in a lower price??? Hmmmmmm.

32 minutes ago, PhD-iva said:

So, if I buy some FCCs while onboard, does the 30 day window to transfer to a TA and potentially receive other bennies start when I buy the FCCs onboard, or whenever I select the specific cruise itinerary sometime in the future? But, perhaps I don’t lock in a lower price??? Hmmmmmm.

I believe that your FCC is attached to your Oceania account. You will tell your TA that you have it and they will apply it to your reservation. Just remember that it may not be combinable with some sales. In our experience the two category upgrade sale was excluded.

@seascot The pricing on our trip is still the same as when we booked.  From what I can tell it has not increased.  Maybe that is why O says they will honor O Life Ultimate.  My TA is off today, but should be sending the new booking with Ultimate added in the morning.  Hope this helps.

Ok, today I had my booked onboard cruise changed to include OLife Ultimate.  My TA stated that Oceania agent could not 'stack' my onboard booking OBC nor my 20th Anniversary OBC with OLife Ultimate.  So it does not appear you can have both.

If anyone has added OLife Ultimate and kept either onboard booking OBC or 20th Anniversary OBC, please respond as I'm certain others and myself would like examples to provide Oceania agents.

We were not able to "stack" our prepaid gratuities with the O Life Ultimate.  We did the math and realized we were still better off with Ultimate so did it today.  Got my revised bookings today and we are all set!

15 hours ago, AMHuntFerry said:

For those interested, the OLife Ultimate sale is showing on the O-website now. I didn't get an email or paper catalog from them about it, but I can't remember if I've received either/both in the past.

I received the brochure yesterday for the Ultimate sale. 

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, ak1004 said:

NOT COMBINABLE WITH: ...Combo/Back to Back...Holiday/Upgrade Promos....

So for our upcoming 20-night B2B booked early in 2022.

If you book well in advance and watch all the sales, promos, etc., fascinating to see how what you signed up for then plays against other promotions later. But we're always doing the "next sales math".

Compared to the current price during this promotion, we're $800 up on the first 10 nights and $1500 up on the 2nd 10 nights. In neither case would this be worth it since I find those items (other than directly paying off gratuities) to be only 30-50 cents on the dollar.

Here was our experience when attempting to get the OLife Ultimate for our September 2024 cruise (non OLife) listed as included in this promotion. This is our first O booking & was made through our TA for an interior cabin booked with their 20th Anniversary promotion to receive SBC.

She contacted O to inquire about how we could get this offer that based on the T&Cs is eligible for all categories of cabins (capacity controlled). She was told the offer is only for new bookings and by canceling & rebooking our cruise fare would nearly double in price. Even if we could have kept the same fare adding the 3 OLife Ultimate benefits still might not be cost effective for us. The SBC amount was the same for the 20th & Ultimate promotions and as I read it we’d receive the basic alcohol drink package (beer/wine at lunch & dinner, correct?) and the tours are basic ones which might not be of much interest to us on our CA coastal cruise with ports we’ve visited many times. We drive to the Port of LA and for us the onboard experience is our primary destination & we’re eagerly looking forward to our first O cruise experience. 😊

Thus we made no changes & hopefully the O agent my TA talked to provided accurate info, something our most frequently cruised line Princess agents too often provide misinformation.

• Like 1

Sorry to come in in the middle but as far as I understand it, a September, 2024 cruise is not eligible anyway. Only thru april, 2024.

Edited by Woofa
  • Like 2