Port Canaveral is now #1, overtaking Miami ! :)

Tom-n-Cheryl

Just now, hard_eight said:

It still sucks compared to Miami😁

The 4 hour round trip is better for me than the 10+ though!

Perhaps I'm biased - but I prefer our "home port" here compared to all the others in the state. Then again, I know my way around pretty well! I find parking easier here too (and no hour long back-up trying to get of the parking garages like down there sometimes)!

Tom

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

Perhaps I'm biased - but I prefer our "home port" here compared to all the others in the state. Then again, I know my way around pretty well! I find parking easier here too (and no hour long back-up trying to get of the parking garages like down there sometimes)!

Tom

Yeah the Miami traffic is terrible, costs a fortune for parking and a hotel the night before but, the view leaving is just amazing! 

My next cruise...PC😂

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Jamman54 said:

We prefer PC to Miami even though Miami has a more scenic sail away. Of course our homeport of NYC has the best sail away ever, though I may be a little biased. 😎

From VT, I gotta get a cruise out of NYC. 3.5 hour car ride to CT and take the train in. Someday!

Now see I prefer Miami to PC. Pc just doesn’t have a ton of great options of dinner places or shopping like Miami does. I guess you can always argue that Disney is close etc. but I like Miami, staying downtown, walking to restaurants, plenty to choose from, great places for drinks, and I love walking around Bayside too! 

• Like 2

I'm a small town girl now (after living most of my life in Orlando) and LOVE living in Cape Canaveral. I think PC is great! We actually do have a ton of great options for dinner places if you have a car - but they aren't fancy schmancy places like you'll find in Miami. I get that some people like that and the glitz and glamor of a city. It's just not for me. One of our favorite things to do is have a meal at Grills right at the port and see the cruise ships, fishing boats, dolphins, pelicans, etc. I like that we can just text our fav Uber driver and he'll drop us off and pick us up from PC for the quick drive - no parking hassles for us. Miami is definitely a more scenic port to cruise from but we can see our home when we sail from PC, so there's that. 😂

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Knights on the Beach said:

I'm a small town girl now (after living most of my life in Orlando) and LOVE living in Cape Canaveral. I think PC is great! We actually do have a ton of great options for dinner places if you have a car - but they aren't fancy schmancy places like you'll find in Miami. I get that some people like that and the glitz and glamor of a city. It's just not for me. One of our favorite things to do is have a meal at Grills right at the port and see the cruise ships, fishing boats, dolphins, pelicans, etc. I like that we can just text our fav Uber driver and he'll drop us off and pick us up from PC for the quick drive - no parking hassles for us. Miami is definitely a more scenic port to cruise from but we can see our home when we sail from PC, so there's that. 😂

Yep - we went to Rusty's a couple of weekends ago and watched three ships sail by. I wish there was a restaurant further down the channel, in order to appreciate ALL the ships which leave. Still - it's a nice way to spend the late afternoon. 🙂

Tom

18 minutes ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

Yep - we went to Rusty's a couple of weekends ago and watched three ships sail by. I wish there was a restaurant further down the channel, in order to appreciate ALL the ships which leave. Still - it's a nice way to spend the late afternoon. 🙂

Tom

There is down past terminal 3 but they're only open for breakfast and lunch. It's been a couple years but we had breakfast there once or twice. 

https://www.watersedgebaitandtackle.net/waters-edge-cafe-menu

Did you ever go to the Fishlips Pavilion at Jetty Park before they closed? They had an upstairs deck that looked like it would be perfect for watching the cruise ships leave but we never went there.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Knights on the Beach said:

There is down past terminal 3 but they're only open for breakfast and lunch. It's been a couple years but we had breakfast there once or twice. 

https://www.watersedgebaitandtackle.net/waters-edge-cafe-menu

Did you ever go to the Fishlips Pavilion at Jetty Park before they closed? They had an upstairs deck that looked like it would be perfect for watching the cruise ships leave but we never went there.

I can't picture myself eating at a bait and tackle store, lol. But, seriously, if it's only breakfast/lunch I'd pass (no ships/main event)!

Never knew there was a Fishlips Pavilion !

Tom

8 hours ago, Jamman54 said:

We prefer PC to Miami even though Miami has a more scenic sail away. Of course our homeport of NYC has the best sail away ever, though I may be a little biased. 😎

Miami and NY/NJ don't have these views, though

20220618_155209.jpg.cd1cfe6f559902ec455d584ba49cb9ca.jpg

20220618_171123.jpg.1ea174ce13bf58815bd348454d9202ac.jpg

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

I can't picture myself eating at a bait and tackle store, lol. But, seriously, if it's only breakfast/lunch I'd pass (no ships/main event)!

OT, but one of the best burgers I've had was at a bait & tackle shop / burger joint at the south end of Longboat Key. 🤷 I guess it's a thing.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

Yep, I noticed that. But we'll bask in the window of glory nonetheless ☺️

Have to agree.  We sailed Oasis out of Miami in early 2020.  I loved their parking garage, but everything else in Miami sucks, to me.   Never going back.  We've been sailing out of Port Canaveral for many years.  Look around for smaller bars & restaurants.  There's plenty there.  And we can drive there in 7 hours.

• Like 1

On 2/24/2023 at 2:35 PM, Jamman54 said:

Being Brits sailing into NYC is our number 1 experience. Never tire of the views. 

• Like 1