Recent Prima Sailings Questions

Red-Sol

I have a few questions for anyone who has recently sailed on Prima.

1. I know Noise Boys no longer shows under entertainment but by any chance are they still showing it?

2. Is Indulge food hall still complimentary mostly? Heard rumors that they might start charging.

3. Is the mini golf free or are they now charging for that.

4. I heard on a number of the first sailings there were a few problems in the thermal suite. Have those all been fixed?

Just off the ship on on the 2/5-2/12 sailing. Noise boys was showing that week, Indulge was completely complimentary (minus drinks unless you have a drink package), mini-golf was free, and thermal suite was great—if you want bubbles in the big “pool” you need to get the attention of the folks behind the desk up in the window and they can turn it on for you, the button is up there and not by the pools.

enjoy!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Kierste said:

Just off the ship on on the 2/5-2/12 sailing. Noise boys was showing that week, Indulge was completely complimentary (minus drinks unless you have a drink package), mini-golf was free, and thermal suite was great—if you want bubbles in the big “pool” you need to get the attention of the folks behind the desk up in the window and they can turn it on for you, the button is up there and not by the pools.

enjoy!

Thanks Very Much! You have answered all my questions and I appreciate it. The one thing that surprised me the most was needing to wave to someone to have the bubbles turned on in the pool...that really seems like a strange setup! 🙂

• Like 1

I sailed on Prima back in November 2022. While the questions have been answered, already, Donna Summer and Noise Boys were the two shows offered. Both seemed to sell out before I got on board but I was still able to see the shows on standby.

Indulge was free. I had seen the rumors about how that venue would start charging. Looking at sailing on Viva at some point (hope indulge will still be free).

Mini golf was free and it's interesting to see that it's still free as of the end of February. It might be best to get to the mini golf right when it starts for the day so that you're not stuck behind large groups.

I didn't experience the spa area. Maybe one of my future cruises, I'll check that out.

• Like 1

Noise Boys is leaving Prima the first week of March... aka, next Sunday. This week is their closing week and they are not returning and a new cast is not coming. Donna Summer 2.0 is onboard as well as Price is Right. 

Indulge is still complimentary, as well as mini golf. I never really use the thermal spa so I can't answer that, but hopefully the above you find to be helpful. 

Robbie 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2/24/2023 at 10:46 PM, Kierste said:

....thermal suite was great—if you want bubbles in the big “pool” you need to get the attention of the folks behind the desk up in the window and they can turn it on for you, the button is up there and not by the pools.....

How would you describe water temperature in the thermal suite pools? Hot, warm, lukewarm??

16 hours ago, EPTCB said:

How would you describe water temperature in the thermal suite pools? Hot, warm, lukewarm??

The big pool was pretty warm, likely 101 or so? A warm hot tub, but not so hot you can’t be in it longer than a few minutes. The smaller one was a little cooler, but still very comfortable.

• Like 1

A different question. What is the laundry situation? I understand that NCL does not have self service laundromats like Princess.

We have an 11 day cruise plus time before it this summer. I am a guy and can just wear the same clothes over and over, but I know DW will not wear the same outfit more than twice without wanting it to be washed.

Laundry by the piece is expensive. (There is no self-serve laundry)

image.thumb.png.70807d8d38972b22b3d57ea764e92345.png

You will have the opportunity to do one fill-a-bag for $29 (may be twice)

If you are in a Club Balcony room you will get one free bag of laundry. 

If you are a Platinum or above Latitude member, you will get one free bag of laundry. 

image.png.eb3fdb77028972f5744aead3732f91c7.png

Good grief that is expensive! We have an 11 day cruise in August.  Some sailings I've been on they have offered the fill the bag option for a lowered price. 

I will be entering gold status on this upcoming cruise and will take advantage of the 50% off a bag.

Edited by PhillyTravelBug

2 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

Laundry by the piece is expensive. (There is no self-serve laundry)

image.thumb.png.70807d8d38972b22b3d57ea764e92345.png

You will have the opportunity to do one fill-a-bag for $29 (may be twice)

If you are in a Club Balcony room you will get one free bag of laundry. 

If you are a Platinum or above Latitude member, you will get one free bag of laundry. 

image.png.eb3fdb77028972f5744aead3732f91c7.png

OMG, that is almost enough to make me consider cancelling. DW just said she will have to buy a lot of clothes.

• Haha 2

41 minutes ago, ontheweb said:

OMG, that is almost enough to make me consider cancelling. DW just said she will have to buy a lot of clothes.

They usually have a special during the cruise where the bag of laundry is half off, so it would only be about 15 dollars.

• Like 1

Just now, tsahall01 said:

They usually have a special during the cruise where the bag of laundry is half off, so it would only be about 15 dollars.

oops--think I got that mixed up with gold status--I'm now platinum, so I get a free bag--gold gets one bag at half off.  My husband will be platinum after this next cruise we take and I will be Sapphire, so we'll get 2 free bags of laundry!  On our 19 day cruise in April, 2024, we'll each get 2 bags of free laundry (4 in total)

1 hour ago, tsahall01 said:

oops--think I got that mixed up with gold status--I'm now platinum, so I get a free bag--gold gets one bag at half off.  My husband will be platinum after this next cruise we take and I will be Sapphire, so we'll get 2 free bags of laundry!  On our 19 day cruise in April, 2024, we'll each get 2 bags of free laundry (4 in total)

We are silver, so I guess we get nothing. 😢

The fill a bag special is enough for us to get 3 people’s worth of laundry done halfway through an 11 day cruise no problem. You just have to roll the clothes tight and you can fit a lot in a bag. We are platinum now, so it’s even a better deal 🙂

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kierste said:

The fill a bag special is enough for us to get 3 people’s worth of laundry done halfway through an 11 day cruise no problem. You just have to roll the clothes tight and you can fit a lot in a bag. We are platinum now, so it’s even a better deal 🙂

We are gold so we get 50% off....good idea t roll those clothes tight. Thanks :classic_biggrin:

• Like 1

I have a question. We just booked this ship for March 2024 and it will be our first NCL cruise. I saw someone say in a review that you cannot book specialty dining in advance. Is this true? We are big on specialty restaurants and if we aren't going to be able to get into them, its a sort of a deal breaker. 

Also, how hard is it going to be to get reservations for shows as a first time cruiser? 

2 minutes ago, cheer25mom said:

I have a question. We just booked this ship for March 2024 and it will be our first NCL cruise. I saw someone say in a review that you cannot book specialty dining in advance. Is this true? We are big on specialty restaurants and if we aren't going to be able to get into them, its a sort of a deal breaker. 

Also, how hard is it going to be to get reservations for shows as a first time cruiser? 

Depending on the category you reserved, you can book restaurants at 120 days (or earlier if Suite/Haven room).

• Like 1

On 3/4/2023 at 11:01 AM, tsahall01 said:

There is no superscript for the laundry reward, i.e. no more details on the reward. If you are platinum or higher, you get one bag independent of length of cruise. So since both you and your hubby will be platinum or above, that makes 1+1 or 2, total. If you've heard something different, please let me know where. 

I am platinum so that's why the left-most 1 free bag is highlighted. (Image is from Latitudes Rewards (ncl.com)

image.png.a840cc57b054a92fc582352b3bfb66aa.png