Received email from HAL - Book Today: $25 Deposits End Soon

Iamthesea

DH and I decided to take advantage of the following promo and book a cruise for May of 2024.  However, after going through all of the booking steps, the invoice says that we owe a $1200 deposit.  I see no restrictions listed on when or what type of cruise can be booked with this promo.  Does anyone know more?

Seize This Limited-Time Offer Now

$25 deposits end soon! Start your tradition of travel and get up to 30% off Have It All cruise fares, free balcony upgrades and kids’ fares, Wi-Fi and more plus up to $400 Onboard Credit when you book today.*

Don’t wait to have the time of your life in Alaska, Europe and beyond — book your cruise or cruisetour by February 28 for this exceptional offer!

I don't know if our cruise is included! I did not see anything on the email that says "Limited Cruises".  Our cruise is for Europe.  And, yes, we did pick HIA.

Could you supply the link that you are using?

Edited by Iamthesea

9 minutes ago, Iamthesea said:

I don't know if our cruise is included! I did not see anything on the email that says "Limited Cruises".  Our cruise is for Europe.  And, yes, we did pick HIA.

Try this, I hope it helps.  This shows the cruises available on the  "Time of your life" offer that has the $25 deposit. 

https://www.hollandamerica.com/en_US/deals/time-of-your-life-cruise-offer/cruise-deals.html?destcode=multi_WAVE23_1&csvfilename=multi_WAVE23_1&ICID=INTHWEB20221214PHR7XFBR02&priceType=halbest  

Edited by Cruising-along

12 minutes ago, Iamthesea said:

This was in the email:

Terms & Conditions:
Fares are based on Promo(s) VV*. Featured fares are per person based on double occupancy and available for 1st/2nd guests only. Taxes, Fees & Port Expenses are additional. Offer is applicable on select 2023 and 2024 departures and excludes Grand Voyages and any sailing lasting 5 days or less.

Well shoot... I did not see that!  I just clicked on Europe, and then put in May 2024. 🙄

So switching gears, does anyone know what kind of offers we would get by booking onboard the ship? What the deposit is?  We will be onboard this coming May.

4 hours ago, Iamthesea said:

Well shoot... I did not see that!  I just clicked on Europe, and then put in May 2024. 🙄

So switching gears, does anyone know what kind of offers we would get by booking onboard the ship? What the deposit is?  We will be onboard this coming May.

Booking onboard would be your best option. Deposit is $100 pp and OBC based on the number of days the cruise is. 

• Thanks 1

Thank you.  That sounds like a better option.  Towards the end of our sailing this coming MAY, we will have a better idea of if we want to sail with HAL again.  If so, we can book.  Is the deposit refundable when booking is made on the ship?  Even if it is not, should we cancel, we will not be out too much.  

Even better option IMO is getting a Future Cruise Deposit.  Costs $100 and you have 4 years to use it, after which you get your $100 back if not used.  You get some OBC ($25 and up) depending on the length of your cruise).  This way you can take your time and book when you get home.  Plus, we normally get a follow up offer for additional OBC if booked within a certain period of time (I think it is 2 months).

We usually do this and book with the follow up offer and end us with the same bonus OBC as booking on the ship.  Plus we have more time to review and settle things from home.  Further, the $100 deposit comes in handy (for most cruises).

Sounds like a good deal. Thank you for that! 

So the $100 FCD holds the cruise (once booked) without any additional payment until final payment?

One other thought that I had.  Would we be allowed to switch the booking to a travel agent if the travel agency that we use has a good deal?  I do realize that, if HAL allows, we do have to pay a larger deposit with the TA.  Have done so before with another cruiseline.