How to place a courtesy hold on a stateroom

mauimary

• mauimary changed the title to How to place a courtesy hold on a stateroom
7 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

When you are on the summary page with the "Lock it in" button just click on the Celebrity logo at the top of the screen.  There will be a pop up which allows you to exit the reservation OR put it on hold.

I’ve tried this. Using an iPad. Only option is to exit reservation or continue with booking but no option to hold. Using Safari to access website. After lock it in. The screen goes to personal info then cont to payment. 

Edited by mauimary

3 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

I usually find you have to go all the way to the page where you enter credit card payment before hitting the Logo to get it to offer a hold.

I have noticed that if after final payment date they do not offer the Hold

Same here. I about drove myself crazy trying to figure out the last time when I had no problems doing this previously. 🙂 Finally figured it out. 

22 minutes ago, mauimary said:

Thank you. It seems to have worked but I do not have a confirmation # or an email. Hopefully something will arrive soon. 

I’ve usually received a confirmation email within 10 or 15 minutes. You can also check your account for cabins on hold. The booking numbers would be listed there.

24 minutes ago, mauimary said:

Thank you. It seems to have worked but I do not have a confirmation # or an email. Hopefully something will arrive soon. 

After you have placed the courtesy hold, go back to your cruise planner account. About a third of the way down the screen should be  Upcoming Cruises    Past Cruises    Courtesy Holds''

Is a Hold supposed to last for 24 hrs and not just until the end of the day in my case 6 hrs on the day you place the hold at 2400? We’re waiting to hear on the other party who may be going with us.   

Edited by mauimary

2 minutes ago, Silkroad said:

It used to be 24 hours, but lately I’ve sometimes had a hold expire in a few hours. When that happens, I place another hold on the cabin. It appears to be another inexplicable Celebrity web site “feature”. 

Thank you. I tried to call a little while ago and of course the offices are closed.  I remember the days when I got through very easily late at night! Since this cruise is not until 2025 I rather doubt the stateroom will be gone unless our other party takes it!!!