Enchanted - library?

Raisinette

Last month on the Enchanted 10-day itinerary the cruise directors staff organized a book swap for passengers on two different days.   It was held in the Crown Grill lounge and had a fairly large selection of books to choose.  The event was listed in the Patter.

23 hours ago, SeaYouThere said:

Last month on the Enchanted 10-day itinerary the cruise directors staff organized a book swap for passengers on two different days.   It was held in the Crown Grill lounge and had a fairly large selection of books to choose.  The event was listed in the Patter.

That's good news, fingers crossed they do it again!

Thank you

On 2/26/2023 at 6:14 PM, Raisinette said:

I suspected as much...that's too bad, now I'll have to lug a few books instead!

Thank you.

You might just get a Kindle and check out a bunch of books from your local library.  I always check out a bunch of them as I don't know what I will want to read on the cruise.  Lots easier than lugging heavy "real" books.

DON

• Like 1

21 hours ago, donaldsc said:

You might just get a Kindle and check out a bunch of books from your local library.  I always check out a bunch of them as I don't know what I will want to read on the cruise.  Lots easier than lugging heavy "real" books.

DON

Unfortunately I'm still a 'real' book kind of person...so far...!

(Bringing books and then leaving them behind also provides room for shopping purchases!)

43 minutes ago, Raisinette said:

Unfortunately I'm still a 'real' book kind of person...so far...!

(Bringing books and then leaving them behind also provides room for shopping purchases!)

That is one of the reasons I enjoy bringing a ‘real’ book on a cruise. I was actually surprised on my Hawaii cruise last month as to the large number of people who were reading ‘real’ books. And the book exchange section in the library covered several shelves. I dropped off the book I brought from home but returned home with 2 books from the exchange shelf. Oops! I guess that defeated the purpose of having an empty ‘hole’ in my luggage upon disembarking.

On 2/28/2023 at 10:37 PM, Hazelnut1106 said:

That is one of the reasons I enjoy bringing a ‘real’ book on a cruise. I was actually surprised on my Hawaii cruise last month as to the large number of people who were reading ‘real’ books. And the book exchange section in the library covered several shelves. I dropped off the book I brought from home but returned home with 2 books from the exchange shelf. Oops! I guess that defeated the purpose of having an empty ‘hole’ in my luggage upon disembarking.

🤣

We were on for 20 days in December and I was able to get books at the Guest Services desk. I wouldn't have known but I saw one of the GS people pulling books out for someone else. Never had a problem getting a decent book. I am an avid reader...

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, flannbarr said:

Every morning, many board games and cards are put out in a dining room for guests to use. There is no forma check out process.

Of course ! Why didn't I think of that. 

Everyone knows, It's the logical place to put them.😄

• Like 1

On 2/28/2023 at 5:18 AM, donaldsc said:

DON

What would you use to put on your Sunbed to reserve it for 4 hours😜, Certainly wouldn't leave a Kindle.

1 hour ago, MissP22 said:

Of course ! Why didn't I think of that. 

Everyone knows, It's the logical place to put them.😄

They use the area as a gathering space for those that want to play games. It’s listed daily on the Platter.

• Thanks 1