Carnival Shareholder Benefit

Eaglecw

11 minutes ago, CSTX Mom said:

I have sent mine twice now, to the CCL address and haven't received any acknowledgment yet.  Sent it to myself as well so I know it went out.  Is there a number I can call or should I just try again?  Leaving in a week.

I would send it again and add "follow up" in the subject.

My Carnival credits were applied while I was on the phone (called to ask a question and they did it right then). HAL took 2 days.

6 minutes ago, The O Mariners said:

We're new to Holland America and I'm not sure where to find the OBC on the web site. On Princess I could always find it under my account. I applied for the Stockholders credit a couple of weeks ago.

Thanks for help.

I have never seen my OBC on the HAL website.  From my experience, the best way to see your approved OBC is to call HAL Customer Service and they can let you know. 

After three submissions for my CCL OBC and no response, I called today and learned that my OBC had already been posted in spite of no response from HAL.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Crew News said:

I have never seen my OBC on the HAL website.  From my experience, the best way to see your approved OBC is to call HAL Customer Service and they can let you know. 

After three submissions for my CCL OBC and no response, I called today and learned that my OBC had already been posted in spite of no response from HAL.

I call HAL and ask to have a new invoice sent. You will be able to verify OBC, but it will not identify the source. If you want to know the breakout, you will have to call.

@The O Mariners if you are using a TA, you will need to get the invoice from them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/13/2023 at 9:16 AM, ExArkie said:

Hence my starting the post with “l believe…”

We have booked an eastbound transpacific on Noordam for Spring 2025 (allowing time to plan several weeks in Japan prior to departure). April 30 is listed twice on the itinerary. However, the itinerary shows sixteen days and the booking is identified as a “15 Day North Pacific Crossing.”

You cross the international date line 

6 hours ago, The O Mariners said:

We're new to Holland America and I'm not sure where to find the OBC on the web site. On Princess I could always find it under my account. I applied for the Stockholders credit a couple of weeks ago.

Thanks for help.

We never found it on our HAL account (pre cruise).  What we did (for years) is e-mail or fax the request and ask for a return e-mail verification.  Sometimes, we actually did get an e-mail verifying the credit, but most times we got nothing.  We always print our a hard copy of our shareholder request (including the back-up documentation of owning the stock) and take it along on the cruise.  If you do not see the credit in your onboard account, you then pay a visit to Guest Relations (bring along your hard copy) and they will usually deal with the issue (it can take them a few days).

Hank

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Hlitner said:

We never found it on our HAL account (pre cruise).  What we did (for years) is e-mail or fax the request and ask for a return e-mail verification.  Sometimes, we actually did get an e-mail verifying the credit, but most times we got nothing.  We always print our a hard copy of our shareholder request (including the back-up documentation of owning the stock) and take it along on the cruise.  If you do not see the credit in your onboard account, you then pay a visit to Guest Relations (bring along your hard copy) and they will usually deal with the issue (it can take them a few days).

Hank

Thanks Hank, that was our experience with Princess Cruises. We'd take hard copies too. Sometimes on board, they would lose it and have no record of it. I don't think they were trying to cheat us, but it's happened a couple of times. Good reminder.

Morgan 

4 minutes ago, jeh10641 said:

Call me old fashioned, but I ALWAYS take hard copies of any travel related documents I may need, including passports.

Jim

We take hard copies and so far have never needed them.

To confirm OBC - no matter the trype/source - I always have a fresh invoice sent to me 2 days before sail date so I can do a final confirmation it's all correct. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Haljo1935 said:

We take hard copies and so far have never needed them.

To confirm OBC - no matter the trype/source - I always have a fresh invoice sent to me 2 days before sail date so I can do a final confirmation it's all correct. 

In Barcelona in 2008 for our first transatlantic cruise, we had our passports stolen in a scam. Had color copies of passports that we took to the American Consulate. Had replacements in two hours and made our cruise with hours to spare. I took back every bad thought I had ever had about the State Department.

Jim

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, jeh10641 said:

In Barcelona in 2008 for our first transatlantic cruise, we had our passports stolen in a scam. Had color copies of passports that we took to the American Consulate. Had replacements in two hours and made our cruise with hours to spare. I took back every bad thought I had ever had about the State Department.

Jim

Had you registered w/State Dept? I always say I'm going to do that, but never do. This time, I mean it, I'm going to register. That would help, right?

43 minutes ago, jeh10641 said:

Jim

Hi Jim, can you elaborate on the scam?  Thanks. 

40 minutes ago, Haljo1935 said:

Had you registered w/State Dept? I always say I'm going to do that, but never do. This time, I mean it, I'm going to register. That would help, right?

I can address your question as one who lives in Mexico (10 weeks a year).  The State Department does suggest that folks register their location, but that is primarily for those of us who live or stay in a single place for some length of time.  This is to help in case our government wants to evacuate Americans (such as they did in Afghanistan) or if there is a major emergency (like an earthquake) it gives them an idea of who is in the country.    That registration would not help with replacing a Passport as that is a set procedure.  Losing a Passport is a major problem/hassle.  Ideally, the traveler needs to get to the nearest consulate or embassy to request an emergency replacement.  Having a picture of your lost Passport (we keep photos on our phone) does make life easier at the consulate, since they than have your Passport # and issuing date.

Hank

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 7/15/2023 at 7:18 AM, Mary229 said:

You cross the international date line 

Obviously. That is why there are two days of April 30, but there are still 16 days listed for the "15 Day North Pacific Crossing," which was the point of my post.

2 hours ago, ExArkie said:

Obviously. That is why there are two days of April 30, but there are still 16 days listed for the "15 Day North Pacific Crossing," which was the point of my post.

But that is the problem. Two of the listed days are the same day

18 hours ago, Haljo1935 said:

I do register my trips abroad with the State Department. I give them the hotels and/or cruise ships plus ports I plan on visiting.

Jim

17 hours ago, Hlitner said:

I can address your question as one who lives in Mexico (10 weeks a year).  The State Department does suggest that folks register their location, but that is primarily for those of us who live or stay in a single place for some length of time.  This is to help in case our government wants to evacuate Americans (such as they did in Afghanistan) or if there is a major emergency (like an earthquake) it gives them an idea of who is in the country.    That registration would not help with replacing a Passport as that is a set procedure.  Losing a Passport is a major problem/hassle.  Ideally, the traveler needs to get to the nearest consulate or embassy to request an emergency replacement.  Having a picture of your lost Passport (we keep photos on our phone) does make life easier at the consulate, since they than have your Passport # and issuing date.

Hank

Amen, Hank.  you are right about replacement passports but as I said, in Barbelona it was painless (except for the additional fees for the replacement and then the fee back home for a permanent replacement.

Jim

• 1 month later...

I sent my shareholder information on Sunday (I knew they would be closed).  This morning, I received an email to from HAL asking for a more current stock statement.  I responded within 15 minutes and quickly received the following message from them: "Holland America Line has applied the shipboard credit amount of $100.00 to your reservation XXXXXX, and it will be credited to your onboard account upon embarkation."  Thanks HAL for the quick response. 

• Like 2

Usually they send me a confirmation, although it's always a bit nerve-wracking to not see your OBC total until you actually are on the ship. I had my first and last Cunard cruise a few weeks ago when my shareholder OBC didn't appear, and I was told 4 different lies by their customer service reps, and even after I emailed their shareholder rep, who assured me it was on my account, and the front desk promised it would be there the morning of debarkation to cover my spending, it wasn't there. 

In the big picture, some people might be better off investing the CCL money elsewhere, instead of in a lackluster stock. Foolish me bought it before the pandemic, tempted by the 10% dividend. I did better with RCL, which I bought for some cheap Celebrity post-pandemic cruises, after the stock was dragged down by Carnival bad news, and I sold it a few months ago for a $6000 profit, which more than covered the cost of my 5 Celebrity cruises last year and 2 more this fall. 

One big plus of HAL is now offering a $100 military OBC, regardless of cruise length. I was largely loyal to Princess because of their military OBC, but now they no longer let me combine it with a shareholder credit, which lost my loyalty for not supporting my service and my investment in their company at a low point for them. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, rj59 said:

One big plus of HAL is now offering a $100 military OBC, regardless of cruise length. I was largely loyal to Princess because of their military OBC, but now they no longer let me combine it with a shareholder credit, which lost my loyalty for not supporting my service and my investment in their company at a low point for them. 

My husband just registered today for military OBC. It was successful as they sent an email saying the following:

Congratulations!

We have verified your eligibility on this special offer you requested.

However, it does not state that it is for military OBC. Does anyone know when this is applied to your account if you have already got a cruise booked with Holland America? Or do we have to do something to add it to our booked cruise? Any help would be appreciated. Many thanks.

Edited by Floopyzebra
Clicked before finishing
  • Thanks 1

@rj59Thanks for your post.  You mentioned HAL offers a $100 military OBC, how does one go about getting that --- my husband is a veteran.  Also, can you combine it with the CCL OBC? 

With regard to Princess, you mentioned that you could not combine CCL plus military OBC.  Is that because you are cruising solo or no one else's name is on your stock?  When we go with Princess the CCL is in my name and the military is in my husband's name which is allowable by Princess.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Italy52 said:

@rj59Thanks for your post.  You mentioned HAL offers a $100 military OBC, how does one go about getting that --- my husband is a veteran.  Also, can you combine it with the CCL OBC? 

With regard to Princess, you mentioned that you could not combine CCL plus military OBC.  Is that because you are cruising solo or no one else's name is on your stock?  When we go with Princess the CCL is in my name and the military is in my husband's name which is allowable by Princess.

@Italy52 Here is a link which I used this morning to register my husband for military OBC. Just follow the instructions, it's really easy. You will need his service records and proof of discharge even if he is retired.

https://www.hollandamerica.com/en_US/deals/military-appreciation-offer.html