Uncontactable Azamara

Sandymay

We embarked on our 3rd Azamara cruise in December 2022 - Perth to Melbourne. Unfortunately, we contracted COVID 7 days into our 14 day cruise and were confined to our cabin for a mandatory 5 days. After 3 days we took the decision to disembark and return home.

We were assured by Guest relations onboard we would be eligible for a future cruise credit plus credit for unused specialty dining etc.

Sadly, since January, we have made repeated attempts to contact Azamara via several email addresses, phone, Facebook and have been totally ghosted.

Has anyone else had this experience? Can anyone offer any next steps?

I can't help you w this problem but I do have a suggestion for anyone who asks any cruise line any question - get the answer in writing.  If they will not give it to you in writing consider it a none answer. I sure hope that you sort it out. 

We did a bunch of cruises on Azamara before but I have not cruised w them post Covid. Sounds like the new owners are having some issues.

DON

• Like 1

We cancelled before a cruise due to Covid, it took months to get our credit and then we had to call at least three times. One time I waited an hour on hold. Still eventually got through. Emails don’t work unless you are talking directly to someone, 

In situations like these, a good travel agent is your best friend. Your TA has access to people that you don't, like regional or district sales managers who can get things taken care of. (I'm not a travel agent nor am I related to one.😃)

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Sandymay said:

We embarked on our 3rd Azamara cruise in December 2022 - Perth to Melbourne. Unfortunately, we contracted COVID 7 days into our 14 day cruise and were confined to our cabin for a mandatory 5 days. After 3 days we took the decision to disembark and return home.

We were assured by Guest relations onboard we would be eligible for a future cruise credit plus credit for unused specialty dining etc.

Sadly, since January, we have made repeated attempts to contact Azamara via several email addresses, phone, Facebook and have been totally ghosted.

My husband and I contacted Covid on our June cruise.  We were given letters from the Cruise Director stating that we would receive FCC.  I was told to expect to wait at least 3 months before I would hear direct from Azamara.  After this time I phoned (reservations) and was told to EMail Loyalty@Azamara.com  I received reply with FCC within a week.  Hope this helps.

• Like 1

Unfortunately, I think it all depends on who you get on the phone.  My husband contracted Coved on our June cruise like another poster.  When we called a few days after we returned, they asked us to send a copy of the letters from the Cruise Director and Medical to confirm Covid.  We had these scanned and ready to send while we were on the phone.  They gave us a tentative amount of the FCC on the phone (more than we were expecting), and sent the official email a few days later. 

We've had exceptionally good reps whenever we've called Azamara.  After seeing some of the posts here, I'm afraid our luck is bound to run out... 

• Like 1

On 3/1/2023 at 10:03 PM, Sandymay said:

Hello,

We were on the same cruise (our 11th) and we also came down with COVID, missing the Azamazing Evening in Adelaide, Kangaroo Island, the fireworks in Sydney, etc.       

We mailed a complaint letter (yes, snail mail) to Azamara Guest Relations weeks ago but heard nothing.  Tried an email last week but, not surprisingly, no one has acknowledged/responded yet. 

We were trying to deal with this ourselves rather than involve our TA.  Now that we know Azamara has a policy for giving FCC for COVID sufferers, we've decided to get her involved. 

No one at Azamara mentioned anything to us about FCC!  I've saved the page from their website for backup.  We have an Azamara cruise later this year where we would use the FCC. 

Thanks for mentioning this. 

9 hours ago, the_dylaness said:

I'm sorry to hear you were ill and hope you're recovered.

Gives new meaning to "Azamara Pursuit".

I was just thinking about it. Fortunately there was no COVID on our 17 night cruise in South America with the Pursuit. If it was, it was not noticeable. I was vey careful though practicing the known safety measures. 

Ivi

On 3/5/2023 at 7:37 AM, travelberlin said:

I was just thinking about it. Fortunately there was no COVID on our 17 night cruise in South America with the Pursuit. If it was, it was not noticeable. I was vey careful though practicing the known safety measures. 

Ivi

Maybe there was, maybe there wasn't.  On our cruise someone from the Roll Call specifically asked if there was Covid on the ship, and were told that there were no cases on our sailing.  Meanwhile, my husband was positive and we were quarantined.  

They may have stopped doing it, but there was "tell" about the number of cases last June.  We were required to set our suitcases out on the last night.  When we retrieved them, they were wrapped in plastic wrap.  We were late getting off the ship and there were still a couple other groups of bags wrapped.  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Lady President said:

Maybe there was, maybe there wasn't.  On our cruise someone from the Roll Call specifically asked if there was Covid on the ship, and were told that there were no cases on our sailing.  Meanwhile, my husband was positive and we were quarantined.  

They may have stopped doing it, but there was "tell" about the number of cases last June.  We were required to set our suitcases out on the last night.  When we retrieved them, they were wrapped in plastic wrap.  We were late getting off the ship and there were still a couple other groups of bags wrapped.  

Really? This is not what I knew from Azamara.  You could rely on the Captain to let you know…

Ivi

4 hours ago, travelberlin said:

Really? This is not what I knew from Azamara.  You could rely on the Captain to let you know…

Ivi

Unfortunately can't rely on that any more - may depend on who the Captain is.

I believe Johannes was still announcing, but Jonas wasn't and in spite of our care we managed to bring it home from Quest.

Given the incubation time from exposure and the onset of symptoms less than 24 hours after leaving the ship, it's pretty obvious where we contracted it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2