Booked the wrong category of room NRF--quesitons

Linda W.

So NEXT Feb I booked a cruise hurriedly believing the sale was ending.  I booked an inside and want at least a veranda.  NRF rate.  I have some good OBC, all inclusive etc.  Is there any way to keep everything and change the booking?  I haven't paid it off and did book through a TA.  The deposit was a whopping $900.  I could wait to see about a move-up but this last Feb they were sailing at full capacity.  I am going to call the TA but this is a TA I am not familiar with....... Will I just have to take my chances on move-up?  Thanks for the help.

2 hours ago, Linda W. said:

So NEXT Feb I booked a cruise hurriedly believing the sale was ending.  I booked an inside and want at least a veranda.  NRF rate.  I have some good OBC, all inclusive etc.  Is there any way to keep everything and change the booking?  I haven't paid it off and did book through a TA.  The deposit was a whopping $900.  I could wait to see about a move-up but this last Feb they were sailing at full capacity.  I am going to call the TA but this is a TA I am not familiar with....... Will I just have to take my chances on move-up?  Thanks for the help.

If you are willing to pay more, they will take it!  Call Customer service and talk to them.  Have an available  Balcony room #  or two that you like.   Also check the cost as if you were booking a new room. They should charge the new price minus the old one.

• Like 1

I called the TA.  The price was WAY more than I expected.  She said I have lots of time still and to keep checking that they are always coming out with new promotions.  I forgot to ask her if this will become a new booking and if we will keep the insurance we already paid.  I am guessing it will become a new booking but she didn’t mention anything about it costing me a change fee.  I guess I will just have to see.  I also became captains club select on this last sailing so not sure how this will help if any.

21 minutes ago, Linda W. said:

I called the TA.  The price was WAY more than I expected.  She said I have lots of time still and to keep checking that they are always coming out with new promotions.  I forgot to ask her if this will become a new booking and if we will keep the insurance we already paid.  I am guessing it will become a new booking but she didn’t mention anything about it costing me a change fee.  I guess I will just have to see.  I also became captains club select on this last sailing so not sure how this will help if any.

Captain's Club is not likely to assist.  Sorry and good luck

Yes, keep checking as the promos change. Surprised the price was a lot more, as the new promo as of March 2, prices dropped because they removed the same  OBC. So for me, I saved $200 off cruise fare, but lost $200 in OBC, which I prefer so do not have to worry about how to spend a lot of OBC. I get shareholders and TA was giving group OBC, so I felt I would have plenty OBC. YMMV.

Did you price Veranda vs your interior so you would have an ideal of the fare differences and do the numbers match what your TA quoted?

• Like 1

I have asked many questions on this topic for Royal Caribbean cruises.  Per the travel agent at the time, if you change cabins on the same ship, it is not a cancellation.  You will be booked at the current rates and keep the same reservation no.  If you change ships or sailing dates, you are cancelling and starting a new reservation.  Also, you cannot change from a non-refundable to a refundable fare. 

If you are keeping the same cruise, you will have same booking #. Keep checking the price for category you want.