When Does Drink Package Begin on Ruby Princess?

letsgobertie

As soon as the ship hits international waters.  Most report that this is ~2 hours from the time that the ship pushes off from Galveston.  If the departure leaves on time, expect the drink package to kick in around 6 PM.

Princess also gives $25 OBC to each person with the drinks package for the inconvenience.

Edited by talkorpi
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, eclue said:

They gave it to us on our Dec 29th and our Jan 29th cruise....

We sailed December 2nd. Probably the first sailing out of Galveston. Likely they had enough complaints that they decided to give later cruises the OBC.

45 minutes ago, Thrak said:

We sailed December 2nd. Probably the first sailing out of Galveston. Likely they had enough complaints that they decided to give later cruises the OBC.

I just checked with The One Who Would Know. He concurs with your recollection, but said he got the credit every cruise after that. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

They’re still doing it since I have it for my upcoming 3/5 cruise, it’s called a voyage goodwill credit. I actually thought it was a gift from my big box travel agent since it was not communicated anywhere but saw some videos and Facebook posts confirming what the other posters in this thread are saying.

22 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

I guess the 25 bucks gets you a couple of drinks to tide over until they are free.  I wonder if those two count towards the 15 max (just kidding).

Funny enough the Princess t&c on the website implies that 15 is not a hard cap, it’s at management discretion and you might be able to purchase drinks after you hit the 15 but haven’t seen any confirmation anyone has done this.  I know on the Carnival ships 15 is a hard cap.

4 minutes ago, wilycoyote76 said:

Funny enough the Princess t&c on the website implies that 15 is not a hard cap, it’s at management discretion and you might be able to purchase drinks after you hit the 15 but haven’t seen any confirmation anyone has done this.  I know on the Carnival ships 15 is a hard cap.

One thing for certain is that the 16th alcoholic drink should be billed to the onboard account.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, wilycoyote76 said:

Management might allow you to purchase the 16th drink, but it will not be paid for through the package. It will be billed separately to your account.