Book on board and price drops

PMT51

On 9 Feb. while we were on board the Edge we booked our next cruise.

We got  $200 deposit, current offers and $350 in OBC.

Our bookinf was transfered to a Big Box TA.

Today I noticed on the Celebrity that the total cost of the cruise had dropped by $188.

I called my Big Box TA, who contacted Celebrity. They would give me the new price but I would loose $300 OBC. I said no thank you.

In the past they have applied price drops with no changes to OBC. Is this sonething new?

That may be a condition of your Big Box TA.    I have done numerous on board bookings that are automatically assigned to my TA (unless specifically requested otherwise).   

I've always been able to reprice without loosing my OBC.

It depends on the current promotion.  If the current price doesn’t have the additional OBC you will not get it.   Trade one for the other.  You want the OBC or a lower cost?    If you will use the OBC then it is worth paying the extra.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅🇸🇦 

Like @Jim_Iain, we have not lost the OBC for booking onboard if we get a price drop.  
If there was additional promo OBC being offered  when you booked and later the  price dropped but there was no OBC being offered at the lower price, you lose the OBC in order to get the price.

• Like 1

That is correct. Any time you reprice you are paying the prevailing rate. So whatever the rate is as of today plus any extra OBC or offers included. You will not lose the portion of OBC you received as part of the onboard booking incentive.