Dutch foods at Dive In?

POA1

Does the Dive In still feature Dutch items at lunch? I have no idea what made me think of it, but sometimes the heart wants what the heart wants. (Cholesterol!)

I remember getting bitterballen from the Dive In on the old Rotterdam back in 2019, pre pandemic.  I haven't been on a ship that doesn't have the Grand Dutch Cafe lately, so I haven't checked.  I was surprised when I saw that I could get bitterballen there.  So the answer is maybe.

• Like 1

They used to have Bitterballen and Frikandellen on occasion. We've never been on a ship with a Dutch Café, but I had seen them on the Vista and Pinnacle class. Possibly on the R & S class as well.

Edited by POA1
  • Like 1

The closest is if you are on an European itinerary, the fries in the Dive In are made like the thicker cut Dutch fries, and not the american style thinner cut with its yummy coated batter. 

Ask for mayonnaise with your Dive in Fries, and you have "Dutch food".

Amsterdam, in the 1960's, is where I first saw French fries with mayo from little stands all over town, That was when I was forced  to realize pomme frites were far more continental,  than ubiquitous American.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, SilvertoGold said:

Way back before the Dive-In existed HAL had a burger bar forward of the mid-ship pool. What was that called? Terrace Grill?? That was where we found a few mostly dreep-fried Dutch treats.

Yes. It was the Terrace Grill. The Dutch health food carried over initially.

• Haha 1