COVID cabins

Gpilon

8 minutes ago, carolina cruisin said:

In our case, we were quarantined for 5 days. Prescribed paxlovid.  Provided cough/cold medicine. Medical staff visited every day. Spoke with Dr. couple of times. Several Covid tests. Charged ONLY for paxlovid and insurance covered that.

Regent takes wonderful care of guests. I was just wondering, given that people thought some bills were very high, if anyone had refused treatment.

They certainly do. Our experience was the same as Carolina Cruising. It took forever for the insurance company to come through. The cruise was in July and the check arrived Saturday, but it did eventually arrive. 

In our case only I got sick. The ship wasn’t full so my wife was able to move to another suite and continue to participate in the cruise while I quarantined. 

I don’t know if we were “required” to take the tests.  We would never have refused. We called them to self-report.  We thought (and still think) it was the right thing to do.  

Received notification from our insurance company today that our claim will be paid in full.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, the_dylaness said:

Or I'll just bring Paxlovid and a SpO2 monitor with me and a ton of COVID tests as needed... $1400 savings right there 🙂

Why? Sounds a bit like overkill. Perhaps you are not quite ready to get back to traveling and being among others?

Edited by Kwaj girl

2 minutes ago, Kwaj girl said:

Why? Sounds a bit like overkill. Perhaps you are not quite ready to get back to traveling and being among others?

I see your edited version... getting back to traveling has been kind of hard after all that has happened, you're 100% correct. Bringing a few supplies doesn't seem like overkill to me personally (to each their own!) and anytime I travel I always bring an entire "PRN bag" of "maybe we'll need it, maybe we won't" medications... scopolamine patches, meclizine, GI upset meds, allergy meds, EpiPen, muscle relaxants, cough and cold meds... can't be too prepared, right? 🙂

• Like 3

I’m with you dylaness; we try to prepare for every minor health issue that might come up. Our carry on bag contains an OTC pharmacy (and Covid tests), plus our prescribed meds. Unfortunately, no access to Paxlovid. We’ve travelled this way for years, except for the Covid tests. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, LoveBora said:

I’m with you dylaness; we try to prepare for every minor health issue that might come up. Our carry on bag contains an OTC pharmacy (and Covid tests), plus our prescribed meds. Unfortunately, no access to Paxlovid. We’ve travelled this way for years, except for the Covid tests. 

This month Paxlovid became eligible for prescription without first testing positive. Here in the US it is “free” for us old folks. On our last cruise I tested positive and a course of Paxlovid cost $800. It took over six months and a lot of communication for our travel insurance to reimburse. 

Having a box of Paxlovid on hand takes one bit of anxiety out of my cruise experience. An easy decision for me. 

• Like 1

I have been cruising and traveling on business throughout the pandemic.  Had avoided COVID until our last Splendor cruise in November.   Finally received my insurance payment of $2900 from Travelguard.  They were a pain to deal with and I had to have the Florida Insurance Commission intervene to speed payment.

I always travel with 4 tests, plus now a med kit with Paxlovid.  I have drug sensitivity so I do have to stop and wait 24 hours.

Paxlovoid was free and I found the $800 charge ridiculous as did my Pharmacist.

51 minutes ago, PaulMCO said:

I have been cruising and traveling on business throughout the pandemic.  Had avoided COVID until our last Splendor cruise in November.   Finally received my insurance payment of $2900 from Travelguard.  They were a pain to deal with and I had to have the Florida Insurance Commission intervene to speed payment.

I always travel with 4 tests, plus now a med kit with Paxlovid.  I have drug sensitivity so I do have to stop and wait 24 hours.

Paxlovoid was free and I found the $800 charge ridiculous as did my Pharmacist.

Do you have to have prescription?

On 3/20/2023 at 10:26 AM, the_dylaness said:

Paxlovid is rx only... it was free until I believe beginning of 2023 and now it is apparently NOT free... seeing lots of ads for it!

I got my prescription and filled it two weeks ago. No charge. 

• Like 1