How to get the dining time you want even when it's not available

I wanted early dining for our upcoming April cruise but it wasn't available, since we just booked the cruise a week and a half ago, so I had to settle for MTD. I called RCCL and asked customer service if they could help, but they couldn't. All that was available for reservations with MTD was 8:15 pm and later, which would interfere with booking any shows. They offered to reserve those times for me, but that wasn't feasible. Then I read somewhere that if you send a DM to Royal Caribbean on Twitter that they'll help you with dining times. So, I sent a DM and they quickly responded and offered to put me on a waitlist for early dining, which I accepted. I now can see on the app that we have officially been booked for traditional dining at 5:15 pm, no longer a waitlist.

So, if you're having trouble booking something with Royal, reach out via Twitter DM. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Customer service should have been able to put you on the waitlist when you booked or when you called in.  We just had to do that on an upcoming cruise and did it when booking.  Only late seating was available when we booked but we waitlisted my time and have since cleared the waitlist.

4 minutes ago, njsmom said:

I wanted early dining for our upcoming April cruise but it wasn't available, since we just booked the cruise a week and a half ago, so I had to settle for MTD. I called RCCL and asked customer service if they could help, but they couldn't. All that was available for reservations with MTD was 8:15 pm and later, which would interfere with booking any shows. They offered to reserve those times for me, but that wasn't feasible. Then I read somewhere that if you send a DM to Royal Caribbean on Twitter that they'll help you with dining times. So, I sent a DM and they quickly responded and offered to put me on a waitlist for early dining, which I accepted. I now can see on the app that we have officially been booked for traditional dining at 5:15 pm, no longer a waitlist.

So, if you're having trouble booking something with Royal, reach out via Twitter DM. 

Waitlists usually clear whether you get put on a waitlist by an agent when you call, send an e mail to rcldining@rccl.com, get your TA to do it or reach out through social media.  Lots of ways to get on the waitlist

• Like 1

1 minute ago, reallyitsmema said:

Customer service should have been able to put you on the waitlist when you booked or when you called in.  We just had to do that on an upcoming cruise and did it when booking.  Only late seating was available when we booked but we waitlisted my time and have since cleared the waitlist.

Just now, Ourusualbeach said:

Waitlists usually clear whether you get put on a waitlist by an agent when you call, send an e mail to rcldining@rccl.com, get your TA to do it or reach out through social media.  Lots of ways to get on the waitlist

Good to know. This took about 24 hours. The customer service agent never mentioned a waitlist as an option. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, njsmom said:

You can also call the Crown and Anchor number and they are quite helpful.

40 minutes ago, atakkat said:

You can also call the Crown and Anchor number and they are quite helpful.

Can you call it if you've never sailed on RCCL before? I don't have any Crown and Anchor status. 

5 hours ago, JamesEM said:

Being polite and a $20.00 Dollar Bill usually does wonders with the Head Waiter.

The Maitre 'D is the one that assigns times, not the headwaiters (yes there are several) who in reality manage the wait staff in their area.  But, we always book the time we want (late) when we book our cruise.  As for MTD, there are usually other times available once you get onboard or are willing to wait for a table at earlier times.  

4 minutes ago, S.A.M.J.R. said:

But there are early shows for the late diners.

Of course. But I like to do an early dinner then a show, and maybe a snack afterward. Just a personal preference. I'm traveling with my 15-year-old and he's always hungry, so he doesn't like to wait until after 8 pm to have dinner. 

Edited by njsmom