Symphony of the Seas cabin question

Hi all,

Just wondered if you had a choice of boardwalk balcony or inside cabin central park view which is better. I ask mainly because in my mind I would only opt for balcony if there is a sea view. The boardwalk balcony do not seem private enough?

14 minutes ago, shilu said:

Hi all,

Just wondered if you had a choice of boardwalk balcony or inside cabin central park view which is better. I ask mainly because in my mind I would only opt for balcony if there is a sea view. The boardwalk balcony do not seem private enough?

I'd take the fresh air any day

• Like 2

Depending on your cabin location, you  can have a decent view of the ocean too.    How much depends completely on where you are aft vs forward and deck.  The slide and theater blocks some of the view depending.  Deck 11 is good for views and being the least noisy from below or up top.  

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

I personally would never spend the money on a Park or Boardwalk balcony. I would save my money because I will not use the balcony and the blinds will be drawn to avoid peeping people. 

So you vote for the inside CP view? Would you do that over a regular OV?

Central Park view cabins and BW balcony cabins have the same privacy issue as both face public spaces and other cabins.

Either way you ought to to pull you curtains closed before changing clothes…or change in the bathroom.  It is not a big deal.

I like the fresh air on a BW balcony.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, shilu said:

I only have a choice of grade 2S inside cabin or boardwalk balcony which could be obstructed views as they only have guarantees left, how obstructed is obstructed?

I would not worry too much about obstructions on boardwalk balconies.  Some of the most popular ones (the end ones) are marked obstructed as they are close to the slide…they are also close to the Aquatheater and the wake so they remain popular.  Some others are on deck 14 because if you look aft you see some ship structure and some might see zip line deck…but the rest of you view is clear.  

If you are noise sensitive, a BW gty may not a good choice.  Some people feel too much noise comes into their cabin from the BW (carrousel, shows, etc). I was not bothered but I’m not noise sensitive.  Also you could be assigned deck 14 which might get noise transmission from pool deck above.   So a noise sensitive person would probably be happier in the Central Park view cabin.

• Thanks 1