News on Silver Nova

John117

7 hours ago, avalon1025 said:

Looks like a new Celebrity ship.  Is there no separate tub and shower in the standard cabins?

There are a few suites that have a separate tub and shower.

On this deck plan of the Nova shown below, (though blurred -- right side, 4th from the bottom under "specifications"), the suites with a little water droplet icon are supposed to have both.  I know most people want a bigger shower and have no interest in a tub, because that usually means their shower is smaller, and/or for safety.  But I am in the admittedly diminishing minority of cruisers who still really like to take long, luxurious bubble baths after a busy day of walking 🙂

DE6002F6-4766-4AE4-8CD0-B2661C41FE4B.thumb.jpeg.5b1549612e29329971b89cbd4d109733.jpeg

Edited by Catlover54
Blur

Have to admit we are pretty much shower people.  We remodeled our master bath a few years ago and put in a full featured tub along with a large and great shower.  I figure over the years since the number of tub baths are running a few hundred dollars per bath.  🙄😬  Our cabin on the Nova next year is shower only and we are perfectly happy with that.  The showers only bathrooms look fantastic.  

Edited by Randyk47
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Randyk47 said:

Have to admit we are pretty much shower people.  We remodeled our master bath a few years ago and put in a full featured tub along with a large and great shower.  I figure over the years since the number of tub baths are running a few hundred dollars per bath.  🙄😬  Our cabin on the Nova next year is shower only and we are perfectly happy with that.  The showers only bathrooms look fantastic.  

I’ll take the tub over a shower any day. We have a tub and shower on the upcoming Nova cruise. 

9 hours ago, tinaincc said:

@steamboats with the more relaxed dress code on Nova have you noticed a difference? Has there been a formal optional night yet?

Sorry, I can´t help you with your question. This was a pre inaugural with invited guests only (media, travel agents and others). We did have the new dress code. To be honest, most on those cruises dress as they like. But there was no dedicated formal night on this 3 nighter.

steamboats 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jollyjones said:

Hi Steamboats

Very small point, but important at times - did you notice if there is a pull out laundry line in the shower only cabins?

There's plenty of times when it's useful to be able to hang something to drip dry.

We´ve been in a Deluxe Veranda and yes, there is a pull out laundry line in the shower. Detailed cabin/suite photos will follow later.

steamboats

On 8/15/2023 at 8:05 PM, fdnycruiser said:

Totally agree, the points guy has plenty of good travel hacks.  We sailed twice on the “old” Crystal, and service etc. was good. However, the standard veranda was too small with practically no closet space. The closet was right next to and close to the bed. All of the renovations to the ships, and that set up remained the same.

There are many fewer of the standard cabins after the remodel of the Crystal ships. Whole decks were redone with 3 former cabins becoming 2 cabins. 

Yes, with accompanying higher price like before. Before it was either the small standard veranda,or upgrade to a PH. Now it’s either the same small standard veranda, or upgrade to whatever they now call a bigger suite. After sailing on SS , and new Regent ships, we’d never go back to Crystal. Then again, that’s life. As my mom used to say, “ to each his own “ 

• Like 2

Hi Steamboats,

I read on another site that the Dusk Bar is one of the designated areas where smoking is permitted  - can you confirm if that is the case, as well as where other designated areas are? 

I'm highly allergic to secondhand smoke and avoid those areas; was surprised to read that the new Dusk Bar is a smoking area because it looks like a smaller space.

3 hours ago, Dolcevita Diva said:

Hi Steamboats,

I read on another site that the Dusk Bar is one of the designated areas where smoking is permitted  - can you confirm if that is the case, as well as where other designated areas are? 

I'm highly allergic to secondhand smoke and avoid those areas; was surprised to read that the new Dusk Bar is a smoking area because it looks like a smaller space.

Smoking is permitted on the port side of The Dusk Bar and the port side of the outside area of the Panorama Lounge. And of course in the Connoisseur´s Corner.

steamboats

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, steamboats said:

Smoking is permitted on the port side of The Dusk Bar and the port side of the outside area of the Panorama Lounge. And of course in the Connoisseur´s Corner.

Are you certain about the Panorama lounge?  Officially I'm sure it is only Dusk Bar. The main reason I would be unhappy with Panorama is because there are cabin balconies immediately above - and we have on of those booked on the Ray. 

7 hours ago, steamboats said:

steamboats

Thank you.  And no smoking in the Marquee or on the pool deck? 

54 minutes ago, HPfoodie said:

Are you certain about the Panorama lounge?  Officially I'm sure it is only Dusk Bar. The main reason I would be unhappy with Panorama is because there are cabin balconies immediately above - and we have on of those booked on the Ray. 

I will double check with the daily program. But that´s what we were told onboard during the ship tour. I can´t see it on my photos.

16 minutes ago, Dolcevita Diva said:

Thank you.  And no smoking in the Marquee or on the pool deck? 

Nope, The Marquee is smoke free as it´s a restaurant all day through (breakfast, lunch and dinner). And no smoking on the pool deck because of the asymetric construction.

steamboats

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, steamboats said:

I will double check with the daily program. But that´s what we were told onboard during the ship tour. I can´t see it on my photos.

Nope, The Marquee is smoke free as it´s a restaurant all day through (breakfast, lunch and dinner). And no smoking on the pool deck because of the asymetric construction.

steamboats

That is wonderful news, thanks!   I had been wondering how they were going to handle with the new layout and 2-story pool deck and the incorporation of The Grill into the Marquee. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, HPfoodie said:

Are you certain about the Panorama lounge? 

Here we go:

image.jpeg.fcb7b98f1ab80eba594b6d3a45f65e92.jpeg

It´s outdoors the Connoisseur´s Corner which is the port side of the Panorama Lounge outside area. I haven´t seen any other "designated outside areas" besides The Dusk Bar and the outdoor area of the Panorama Lounge/Connoisseur´s Corner.

steamboats

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, steamboats said:

It´s outdoors the Connoisseur´s Corner which is the port side of the Panorama Lounge outside area. I haven´t seen any other "designated outside areas" besides The Dusk Bar and the outdoor area of the Panorama Lounge/Connoisseur´s Corner.

Thank you. This confirms what I had already heard from someone who was on the inaugural pre cruise - who said there was a super efficient extraction system in the outdoor area of the Connoisseur's lounge. But thankfully not in the general Panorama outdoor area. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, HPfoodie said:

Thank you. This confirms what I had already heard from someone who was on the inaugural pre cruise - who said there was a super efficient extraction system in the outdoor area of the Connoisseur's lounge. But thankfully not in the general Panorama outdoor area. 

That's great. Certainly makes sense for them to incorporate more efficient extraction systems into a new build. 

4 minutes ago, HPfoodie said:

I hope that you are right. You bring up a good point. We are also booked on Ray next summer just above CC on deck 6. We specifically chose that location due to availability and the look of the extended balcony. Now, I am hesitant based on the smoking situation.

2 hours ago, tinaincc said:

I hope that you are right. You bring up a good point. We are also booked on Ray next summer just above CC on deck 6. We specifically chose that location due to availability and the look of the extended balcony. Now, I am hesitant based on the smoking situation.

I had an aft facing suite on deck 6 of Nova; I've changed bc of the possibility of smoke and balcony seems to be very public as well.  Plus, I worry about noise from the Panorama lounge late in the evening.

I suspect Silversea hasn't thought through these issues bc they never had cabins over the deck spaces before.

Edited by mchell810

3 hours ago, mchell810 said:

I had an aft facing suite on deck 6 of Nova; I've changed bc of the possibility of smoke and balcony seems to be very public as well.  Plus, I worry about noise from the Panorama lounge late in the evening.

I suspect Silversea hasn't thought through these issues bc they never had cabins over the deck spaces before.

Oh no…now I’m rethinking my cabin!