Carnival laundry service

cdoncruise

Hi! Longtime lurker, first time poster. 

My husband and I are fairly new cruisers taking our first long cruise in a few weeks (Spirit April 16 - May 2) and I’ve just realized we’re going to have our first experience with cruise laundry!😅 I have a couple of questions about Carnival’s laundry serivce and I’m hoping someone with lots of cruises under their belt could maybe help me out. 

Spirit has laundry machines, but I’d prefer to just use the laundry service. I’ve looked at Carnival’s website and see the prices and services listed but wondered how they all work exactly. I’ve tried to research the boards here but the only information I’ve gleaned is that 1) the laundry bags may have shrunk and 2) the wash-and-fold laundry is all washed/dried on high heat (good info to know!).

Laundry questions:

1 - (Maybe my silliest question🙃) Is it possible to just request cold water for your bag of wash and fold? 

2 - Has anyone used the more expensive “Wash and Press” option for individual items? And if so, do they follow label directions for care if you choose this option or is everything still washed on hot?

3 - Does anyone have experience with buying 5 laundry bags for $50, and more specifically, do you have to tell your steward you want that with your first bag, or could you opt into it later if you decide you need more laundry done?😂

Thanks to anyone who might have information of any sort for me—your help will be so much appreciated!

I’ll answer your questions the best I can.

1.  You can request cold water for your wash, but it’s doubtful they will honor that request.  Many passengers’ laundry is washed at the same time and hot water is used to sanitize the laundry.  Your wash will be in a mesh bag co-mingled with others.

2.  I have used wash and press for individual items, and they came back nicely pressed.  I suspect they’re also washed in hot water and doubt they take the time to follow label instructions.

3.  I have never heard of 5 bags for $50 and never seen it offered.  I believe the current price is $20 per bag, but I may be wrong since I have unlimited wash and fold included with diamond benefits.

The bags are indeed smaller than they used to be, but it’s still possible to get quite a bit in the bag if you roll the items tightly, right up to the top of the bag.  Don’t include anything that is delicate or requires special handling.

Hope this help.

• Like 1

Thanks so much, @nwcruiselover, yes that does help! I'll just plan only laundering things that can be washed/dried on hot. I've got to make some hard packing choices😂

32 minutes ago, nwcruiselover said:

3.  I have never heard of 5 bags for $50 and never seen it offered.  I believe the current price is $20 per bag, but I may be wrong since I have unlimited wash and fold included with diamond benefits.

Well, I'm extremely jealous of your diamond status, that would certainly simplify the laundry issue. I don't know if the prices listed are correct, but their site says: 

• 1 standard laundry bag (same day service)  $15.00 USD
  • 5 standard laundry bag (same day service)  $50.00 USD

On our last cruise this is what I fit into my bag: 2 long pants, 2 shorts, 3 shirts, 4 underwear, 1 bra

My husband will fit in quite a bit more than that with it overflowing out of the top of the bag and they’ve never said a word. I’m OCD and roll everything tightly before putting it into the bag and it has to close. I even bring tape to seal it or to fix tears (it’s made out if flimsy paper and tears easily.)

4 minutes ago, cdoncruise said:

I'm loving the advice to cram the bag full and let it overflow🤣 These are the tips people need.

On our last cruise one couple left their laundry bags outside their cabin door. They were stuffed like little round beach balls and overflowing onto the floor. My husband turned to me and said “see I’m not the only one that does it like that!”  😆

• Haha 1

The laundry comes back to you in the same kind of bag you send it out in, folded.  If you fill the bag way to the top, the laundry often comes back in 2 bags.  I give the cabin steward an extra tip at the end for their extra service, including laundry pickup/delivery.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

For whatever it's worth, in case you decide you do want to do some of your own laundry so you can wash in cold water, the laundry room on deck 5 aft of the Spirit was pretty spacious. Also of note, the dryers got extremely hot even on the medium heat setting.

We brought laundry detergent pods and dryer sheets with us and we were happy with the experience.

IMG_20221212_164124.jpg

• Like 2

We always do 2-3 loads of laundry during our cruise - mostly just undies, shorts, socks, tanks/tees, leggings, pjs - all things we don't mind being washed in hot water.  Everything comes back nicely folded, socks matched together.  We always put a $5 bill on top of the bag, and leave it on our bed in the a.m. (we do morning service for cabin). By the time we come back to the cabin in the evening the clean laundry is always waiting on the bed for us.  The laundry bags have definitely gotten smaller, but we still fit a nice amount into them. I have also never seen the 5 bags for $50 offered.  Laundry is definitely the best perk we get as it cuts our packing in 1/2.   Hate going home to loads of laundry to do, 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, cdoncruise said:

Well, I'm extremely jealous of your diamond status, that would certainly simplify the laundry issue. I don't know if the prices listed are correct, but their site says: 

• 1 standard laundry bag (same day service)  $15.00 USD
  • 5 standard laundry bag (same day service)  $50.00 USD

The FAQ's certain do say that, but they also state "offer and/or prices may vary throughout the fleet."  I, personally, have never seen the mid-cruise specials priced as such.  It's normally $20 a bag and offered once mid-cruise.

• Thanks 1