Freestyle dailys delivered to your cabin

mitchtech

Hi. Now that there is only once a day stateroom servicing and no turn down service, do you still get the next day Freestyle  daily delivered to your room for the next day? I love coming back to the room at night and seeing what there is to do the next day.

Thanks

On breakaway in January . My cabin was serviced twice a day and the freestyle daily was delivered. 
I will say my cabin was always neat and it took just a few minutes to do a few chores. 
when walking down the hall I saw the cabin stewards cleaning cabins that looked like a bomb blew up in there so maybe those slobs was only getting it once a day since it took most of the morning to put it back together. 

Hi,

On the Prima in February there was once-a-day cabin service. Since the cabin steward was responsible for nearly double the number of cabins than prior to the change, they were working most of the day for that first service. (yes, they reduced the number of staff responsible for cabin service). In the evening Freestyle Daily was placed on door handle outside of the cabin. 

• Thanks 1

In February, on the Joy, we experienced the once-a-day service.  But, our Freestyle Daily would still appear in early evening on the bed, usually while we were out to dinner.  However, I noticed that many cabins on our floor had them stuck on the wall outside the room.  I guess our steward would only take the time to put them inside for people who took the time to change the room status lights so that it was obvious we were not in our cabin.  Either way, we had them the evening before to browse what was happening the next day.

Edited by MeHeartCruising

5 hours ago, cruisinmeme said:

On breakaway in January . My cabin was serviced twice a day and the freestyle daily was delivered. 
I will say my cabin was always neat and it took just a few minutes to do a few chores. 
when walking down the hall I saw the cabin stewards cleaning cabins that looked like a bomb blew up in there so maybe those slobs was only getting it once a day since it took most of the morning to put it back together. 

it boggles my mind how people are so messy in their cabin or hotel room.   honestly, we are very neat and just like fresh towels (and lots of em) every day, and the occasional glass or dish removed.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, bluesea777 said:

Great to know. What about the time change notices? Do they come with the dailies?

The Joy didn't distribute any special time change notices on a separate piece of paper.  It was mentioned in the Daily the day before.  It was mentioned in ship announcements if you listened to them.  In the past, on some ships (not sure which cruiselines), a separate slip of paper with the time change was included with the daily, but not on the Joy in February.

Edited by MeHeartCruising

I just sailed on the Joy 2/19th.   I think the first night there was a time change we received a small notice. I dont remember the second time, I think it was just reminders here and there.  The Daily was delivered each evening to the cabin.

For me, I'm glad the "turn down service" was discontinued. I can turn down my own bed cover.  In fact I left a note one morning not to bother making the beds as we had stuff strewn all over them. I just asked to have the glasses taken away and fresh hand towels.  I also bundle up my trash which is usually overflowing the trashcan.

Yes, some people are very neat by nature and some are very sloppy. And probably no one knows that more than someone whose job is to make up rooms for guests.   So, they get a break with me. And I do tip extra.  They have a hard job.

The last thing I would want is a personal butler. I'm glad I cant afford the Haven because not sure how I would deal with that.  But those that like that service,  that is fine.

Edited by Smitheroo
I wanted to add a few more sentences

1 hour ago, casofilia said:

Time change notices?   We never saw one on four cruises on the Jade in November/December!!

I received a Time Change notice card on my recently completed Joy cruise. It was a blue card if we were moving forward and an orange card if we were turning our clocks back.

50 minutes ago, Smitheroo said:

The last thing I would want is a personal butler. I'm glad I cant afford the Haven because not sure how I would deal with that.

There are many people who could easily afford the Haven but choose to do other things with their money.