Hotels by celebrity

Ocdublin

Look closely at the pricing. You are paying PER PERSON for the hotel room. Compare that to the price you would pay if booking directly with the hotel. Most times you'll be paying a LOT more for the same room. We book directly with a cancellable reservation.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, mom says said:

Look closely at the pricing. You are paying PER PERSON for the hotel room. Compare that to the price you would pay if booking directly with the hotel. Most times you'll be paying a LOT more for the same room. We book directly with a cancellable reservation.

Found the same with  Hotel Majestic in Barcelona.

I've never seen it charged per person. 

If you book a City Stay through the Cruise Planner it does initially show a per person charge, however when you go to add your guests once you select a single guest it should say Max Guest Selected. You can't "add" a second person at that point.  

If you are using Hotels By Celebrity (hotels.celebritycruises.com) those prices are definitely not priced per person. 

1 hour ago, Ocdublin said:

Has anyone used hotels by celebrity?  I was wondering does it work the same as the airfare, you book now and pay with the balance of your cruise 90 before sailing.  Thank you for any info!

We used it for our pre-cruise stay in Vancouver this year.  Prices were a little lower than Expedia.  The confirmation comes from travelweb.com, which is a subsidiary of Priceline.

You pay the full amount at the time of booking, not 90 days before the cruise.

About 15 years ago we booked with Celebrity Hotels in Vancouver.   As others said we figured out later that the price was per person and things were so screwed up at the port that we eventually just walked across the street to the hotel and our luggage eventually arrived 5 hours later.

Never again.    Really felt ripped off.

On 3/10/2023 at 8:55 AM, Fedic said:

We used it for our pre-cruise stay in Vancouver this year.  Prices were a little lower than Expedia.  The confirmation comes from travelweb.com, which is a subsidiary of Priceline.

You pay the full amount at the time of booking, not 90 days before the cruise.

No refund for a cancellation if I recall correctly.  Basically a Priceline.com Advance payment option.  I would guess it is no less expensive than booking with an advanced payment on Priceline.com.

Edited by jagoffee

3 hours ago, jagoffee said:

No refund for a cancellation if I recall correctly.  Basically a Priceline.com Advance payment option.  I would guess it is no less expensive than booking with an advanced payment on Priceline.com.

You have to look at all of the rates available. There are definitely refundable options.