Overseas terminal to SYD Airport

Looking for input from the people of the Sydney area.

We are going to be on the Ovation of the Seas for the Jan 29th, 2024 sailing. 

Our intentions are to disembark the Ovation as early as possible to catch a 10:20 AM flight to Uluru.

Are we being totally unrealistic? Or is this possible?

Edited by gigguy
Correct name

Just now, AussieOmni said:

I’d not recommend it. I’d also not recommend calling Uluru Ayer’s Rock, that is an outdated game.

That is what we have been thinking about the timing. And I thought about  Uluru/Ayers after I posted it.

Thanks for the input.

Just now, gigguy said:

That is what we have been thinking about the timing. And I thought about  Uluru/Ayers after I posted it.

Thanks for the input.

No worries. It’s theoretically possible but honestly not worth the stress, if something goes wrong you’d miss your flight and it’s almost certainly with an airline that would not be helpful.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, gigguy said:

Are we being totally unrealistic? Or is this possible?

I'll go against the grain and say it's not that difficult.

Ovation is supposed to arrive at Circular Quay at 6:30am. If you can get off the ship before 8am, and are willing to schlep your luggage to the train at Circular Quay station, you could be at the airport by 8:30am. Almost two hours before your flight. I've done it for a 10:30am flight back to Brisbane.

Trying to get from ship to airport by road during peak hour might be more problematic.

8 minutes ago, SinbadThePorter said:

I'll go against the grain and say it's not that difficult.

Ovation is supposed to arrive at Circular Quay at 6:30am. If you can get off the ship before 8am, and are willing to schlep your luggage to the train at Circular Quay station, you could be at the airport by 8:30am. Almost two hours before your flight. I've done it for a 10:30am flight back to Brisbane.

Trying to get from ship to airport by road during peak hour might be more problematic.

I agree. It is doable. I suggest that the OP should opt for self-disembark (the first passengers off the ship, probably 7.30 to 8am). I suggest getting a taxi from the cruise terminal to the airport. This would take around 30 minutes. Check in for the Uluru flight would probably close at 9.30am.

On a good day, it will be a breeze. Most days are good days. You should be able to self-disembark among the 100s of others lugging their own bags by 8am, then train or cab to the airport. 

Cruise lines advise for flights to be after noon, as not all days are good days.