Alaska Itinerary question

Shidah

3 minutes ago, Shidah said:

Which is the better itinerary- Encore Glacier Bay or Bliss -Endicott Tracy Arms, not sure if I typed that right.  Reasons why?

I chose the Bliss and Tracy Arms just to ride the world's longest/fastest zipline!

Encore -- Glacier Bay.  National  Park Service personnel come on board to offer a narritive.  Beautiful beautiful day of cruising.

Endicott Tracy Arms is just a couple of hours if the ice conditions allow.  Beautiful but not nearly as wonderful as Glacier and NO National Park narritive.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, www3traveler said:

Encore -- Glacier Bay.  National  Park Service personnel come on board to offer a narritive.  Beautiful beautiful day of cruising.

Endicott Tracy Arms is just a couple of hours if the ice conditions allow.  Beautiful but not nearly as wonderful as Glacier and NO National Park narritive.

Second this recommendation, many of us who live in PNW have cruised many times to Alaska, 

If this is the first time to Alaska or a one time visit, Glacier Bay is a must. 
Clock is ticking on the glaciers visible there. We go every year and have really noticed the decline last year.

We have done other itineraries to Alaska and each is special. 
Alaska deserves more,than one visit.

• Like 2

Thanks, we booked once during Covid and it was cancelled.  Not sure if this is a once and done, but while we cruise a lot, don’t do Alaska.  So would like to make it special as possible.

2 hours ago, Shidah said:

Which is the better itinerary- Encore Glacier Bay or Bliss -Endicott Tracy Arms, not sure if I typed that right.  Reasons why?

Just a clarification.  While it is most common for Encore to go to Glacier Bay, there are also Bliss itineraries that go there (e.g. next month's Bliss sailings).

4 hours ago, Guyc said:

I chose the Bliss and Tracy Arms just to ride the world's longest/fastest zipline!

For other people wanting to know where the zipline is, it’s Icy Strait Point. 😁

We’re booked to go on the ZipRider ….

• Like 1

Don't miss Glacier Bay! It is the Quintessential Alaska postcard. The one where you see a cruiseship floating amidst several large glaciers. For a first-time Alaska trip I would definitely make sure to include it.  And while I'm at it, if you can book a one-way and spend a few days seeing Denali National Park and Kenai Fjords National Park you will not regret it!  Now that is the real Alaska! (I cruised in 2004 with a short land tour and dreamed about it for years so went back in 2021 for 10-days land only!).

I've done both multiple times, and they are both excellent.  Tracy Arm is a beautifully haunting fjord unlike anything I'd ever experienced.  Lots of seals on little icebergs.  It is fed by the Twin Sawyer Glaciers.  Total duration is 3-4 hours.  Glacier National Park gets you up close to several glaciers and you'll typically see an abundance of sea and terrestrial critters.  The National Park Ranger crew boards around 7am and get off around 4.