What the Heck! Future Cruise Program- Has anyone had experience with this?

TracieABD

Hi friends-

I just received a call from someone at Princess trying to sell a new program called the "Future Cruise Program". Not to be confused with future cruise credits or future cruise deposits.

The guy went on and on- and honestly, I am not really sure I could make heads or tails of what he was selling- I did catch the buy in numbers though- between $6k and $7500 (so defiantly not the FCD of $100 that we all know and love).

The call did come from a Princess extension and he had access to all of my cruise history... so I don't think it was a scam.

The call went on for 22 minutes before I politely ended it. There was lots of (and I paraphrase generously) "But wait... If you order now!" type of speak. I did take notes and for the life of me, I still can't make much sense of the whole deal.

Anyone else out there have this experience? Am I really really late to the party? Is this a good thing? Or just a way for Princess to hold a lot of $- possibly to offset the disaster of 2020-2021? Inquiring minds want to know!

Thanks-

TL

Where have you been?  Oh, yes, you were on a cruise.

There are a couple of threads regarding this "new" program from Princess Promotions.  Lots of people have chimed in...One person......has raved about it (one and only post).  

• Like 1

Company is desperate for cash on hand and is hoping that people will let their purchase lapse, or perhaps the land portion of it and thereby sell a $3000 cruise for $6000.  It seems as if to are targeting people who just returned from a cruise. Two benefits (to Princess). First, they get people on a “post-cruise high” who might jump at another vacation and second, people who just used up vacation time may be more likely to let some portion of the “deal” lapse. Unless one is retired and flush with cash, this deal assumes that the buyer will be taking 3 relatively expensive vacations within a two year period. 

Yep,it was posted maybe a month ago or more.( This is the Thread Title-What is Princess Package Department?)

pretty similar conversation.

It might be “ real”, but I would not take the call. I will only speak on the phone with businesses that I initiate the call for something like that.

Edited by arizonaperson

1 minute ago, JimmyVWine said:

Try this. 

Jimmy- Thank you so much. I have been trying to find something without luck.

And I totally agree with your previous post... I think Princess is hoping that people will buy in and then not use it. However, this is nothing like a FCD (at a $100)… I would definitely keep track of 6K for sure. That $6K will be right there in my personal banking account. 

Wow, do you ever has patients to listed for over 20 minutes.

I can't be bothered with people who cold call me with any sales pitches, for anything, especially when I hear "you have to act now in order to get the special pricing"

Sort of reminds me of a car salesman. 🤑

• Like 1

11 hours ago, TracieABD said:

Hi friends-

I just received a call from someone at Princess trying to sell a new program called the "Future Cruise Program". Not to be confused with future cruise credits or future cruise deposits.

The guy went on and on- and honestly, I am not really sure I could make heads or tails of what he was selling- I did catch the buy in numbers though- between $6k and $7500 (so defiantly not the FCD of $100 that we all know and love).

The call did come from a Princess extension and he had access to all of my cruise history... so I don't think it was a scam.

The call went on for 22 minutes before I politely ended it. There was lots of (and I paraphrase generously) "But wait... If you order now!" type of speak. I did take notes and for the life of me, I still can't make much sense of the whole deal.

Anyone else out there have this experience? Am I really really late to the party? Is this a good thing? Or just a way for Princess to hold a lot of $- possibly to offset the disaster of 2020-2021? Inquiring minds want to know!

Thanks-

TL

I read about this.....maybe on this site? No personal experience and doesnt sound like something I would be interested in, just from what I have read. 

I called my vacation planner for help with booking a cruise and got hit with it. It was so confusing, and the more she talked the more confused I got! I finally said to her this sounds like a timeshare. She was adamant it wasn’t. But from some of the videos I’ve seen and what little research I’ve done, it sounds just like a time share, points and all. You get all these FCC, but if you don’t use them by a certain date you lose them. It was a hard sale pitch. Not only did I not buy it, I didn’t book the cruise I originally called about! And everything I’ve seen it is a 3rd party. No thanks! Not for us. 

• Like 1