New Policy, only one entree at a time?

If it is one entree at a time then I guess just eat the first entree (or a part of it) and then ask to get the second.

Worst that happens is you take up one of the MDR tables for a long period of time.

Eventually they may decide it is easier to provide 2 entrees at a time rather than tying up the table.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, LB_NJ said:

If it is one entree at a time then I guess just eat the first entree (or a part of it) and then ask to get the second.

Worst that happens is you take up one of the MDR tables for a long period of time.

Eventually they may decide it is easier to provide 2 entrees at a time rather than tying up the table.

My problem is I like to eat some apps and my 2 mains together.....but there is more and more reports that of you push hard you get it.

They have no reason or argument to stand on as to why they would not do it if you insist!

• Like 1

There are many times in my life where I have to be a hard ass to advocate for what’s right.  I don’t think this comes close.  If I’m picking my battles, this isn’t one of them.  Have another drink & 🎶 LET IT GO 🎶

• Like 6

14 minutes ago, poocher said:

There are many times in my life where I have to be a hard ass to advocate for what’s right.  I don’t think this comes close.  If I’m picking my battles, this isn’t one of them.  Have another drink & 🎶 LET IT GO 🎶

I personally have no skin in the game as I have never ordered a second entree unless the first one was awful, which is rare for my tastes, but I can understand the annoyance for many people. 

It feels like RCI is basically controlling how you eat and being your mom.  I do not go on vacation for someone to tell me I how to eat my food.  Ultimately, it does not effect me but can see how some people can be very annoyed by this change.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, cruiseboy89130 said:

My problem is I like to eat some apps and my 2 mains together.....but there is more and more reports that of you push hard you get it.

They have no reason or argument to stand on as to why they would not do it if you insist!

you keep stating about these "more and more "reports.

Where are you seeing these ?

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, poocher said:

Here here !

16 minutes ago, rimmit said:

It feels like RCI is basically controlling how you eat and being your mom.  I do not go on vacation for someone to tell me I how to eat my food.  Ultimately, it does not effect me but can see how some people can be very annoyed by this change.

Agree completely , and advocate for having your displeasure raised to the attention of guest services, surveys ,and your dollars,  etc.

This attitude from some of... I'm going to throw a tantrum until I get what I want is plain and simply just entitlement.

This is an experiment by Royal and they ar fully within their right to operate their business how they see fit.

If it backfires on them , it will change

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, LobsterStalker said:

Agree completely , and advocate for having your displeasure raised to the attention of guest services, surveys ,and your dollars,  etc.

This attitude from some of... I'm going to throw a tantrum until I get what I want is plain and simply just entitlement.

This is an experiment by Royal and they ar fully within their right to operate their business how they see fit.

If it backfires on them , it will change

Yes,  the best way to combat this is by far to just bombard the maitre’d with complaints in a polite manner.   If the maitre’d is spending all day putting out fires from something this simple, RCI may find it not worth the time of all the head waiters and asst head waiters to keep this policy in place.   At some point something this simple is not worth fighting over.  It’s not like twice a day turn down which is truly a HUGE amount of labor saved.  I can’t imagine the number of people asking for two entrees at a time is that huge to make that big of an impact on their resources.

This really feels like micromanaging to the next level.  What’s next?   Only allowed to ask for one pool towel at a time?  It must be visibly soiled before you can replace it?  I am shocked they still set the tables in the MDR.  Figured they they’d only put out silverware and glasses as needed at this point.  The labor saved for that would be immense.

I would not doubt they will limit the amount of silverware used next.

• 4 weeks later...

2 guys at my table tried very hard to get 2 entrees at the same time on radiance I just got off of. They were firmly refused. Neither had any success. One was a pinnacle and he was more upset and waved off the waiter with a flick of his wrist. 

Must be hard to be a waiter and say no to some. None got 2 dishes together the whole 10 days.

Just out of curiosity, do you have to just take one bite, eat half, or eat it all to get the second dish?  

At what point do they allow a second dish?

I am assuming they take out the first dish in order to get the second dish?  Is that the case?  Or do they leave the first dish as well once they deem you ready for the second dish?

This really is incredible micromanagement on RCI.

It may be time for a mutiny! Me Hearties!  Tips will be removed and nobody will get a 10 until this stops.  Maybe the only answer.  Although it really doesn't bother me, I never eat 2 of anything.

But I'll participate if it'll help others.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, rimmit said:

Just out of curiosity, do you have to just take one bite, eat half, or eat it all to get the second dish?  

At what point do they allow a second dish?

I am assuming they take out the first dish in order to get the second dish?  Is that the case?  Or do they leave the first dish as well once they deem you ready for the second dish?

This really is incredible micromanagement on RCI.

Take no bites if you like ...The policy has nothing to do with 'cleaning your plate 'as some have suggested .

Kinda defeats the purpose of having 2 entree's if you're not gonna eat it though .That's the main goal I would assume , to cut down on the number of people who order a second Entree to just ' have a taste' of 1 of them. When told you can only have 1 at a time many will just not bother with the second ...

... In theory of course 

Cheers

1 hour ago, BecciBoo said:

It may be time for a mutiny! Me Hearties!  Tips will be removed and nobody will get a 10 until this stops.  Maybe the only answer.  Although it really doesn't bother me, I never eat 2 of anything.

But I'll participate if it'll help others.

Removing tips from the people who need them the most , and have Nothing to do with the policy ..? 

If your local restaurant has removed your favorite item from the menu or cut back on portion sizes, You know this and choose to go anyhow ... You then don't tip your waiter who for his part provides excellent service for the evening ??

...Seems a little misguided to me 

Cheers

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, LobsterStalker said:

Take no bites if you like ...The policy has nothing to do with 'cleaning your plate 'as some have suggested .

Kinda defeats the purpose of having 2 entree's if you're not gonna eat it though .That's the main goal I would assume , to cut down on the number of people who order a second Entree to just ' have a taste' of 1 of them. When told you can only have 1 at a time many will just not bother with the second ...

... In theory of course 

Cheers

Well, there are multiple things on each plate.   Say someone wants asparagus and doesn't think that 3 stalks is a sufficient serving.  

27 minutes ago, LobsterStalker said:

... In theory of course 

Cheers

So do they just take one away and bring the second one once you ask for the second one?

That really seems to be very micromanaging.  I do not order two entrees,  but sometimes I just tire of one item, but as I get toward the end of the meal feel the urge to go back to that item.  Like you take a couple bites of a steak but then want a carb so get eat the carbon the plate, but then want to go back to the protein.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HappyTexan44 said:

Well, there are multiple things on each plate.   Say someone wants asparagus and doesn't think that 3 stalks is a sufficient serving.  

Not sure I understand your statement as it relates to my post . Is the point that someone would order a second Entree for the 3 stalks of Asparagus  

1 hour ago, rimmit said:

So do they just take one away and bring the second one once you ask for the second one?

That really seems to be very micromanaging.  I do not order two entrees,  but sometimes I just tire of one item, but as I get toward the end of the meal feel the urge to go back to that item.  Like you take a couple bites of a steak but then want a carb so get eat the carbon the plate, but then want to go back to the protein.  

I agree completely 

2 minutes ago, LobsterStalker said:

Not sure I understand your statement as it relates to my post . Is the point that someone would order a second Entree for the 3 stalks of Asparagus  

Could be.   
I agree that it doesn't seem reasonable, But, then neither does them saying No to, "Can I have a bunch of Asparagus?"    

5 minutes ago, HappyTexan44 said:

Could be.   
I agree that it doesn't seem reasonable, But, then neither does them saying No to, "Can I have a bunch of Asparagus?"    

Agreed .

And now I am wondering if that request is off the table ( literally ) as well.

In the past if I wanted some extra veggies we would ask and of course there was no problem.

Not sure if that gets killed with this change or not ...? I have read that substitutions are still allowed as long as the item is on that evenings menu as well .

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, HappyTexan44 said:

Could be.   

Maybe I've just cracked the code ... "I'd like to substitute the lobster tail in and my veggies out " to go with my steak !

Cheers

• Like 1

13 hours ago, firefly333 said:

2 guys at my table tried very hard to get 2 entrees at the same time on radiance I just got off of. They were firmly refused. Neither had any success. One was a pinnacle and he was more upset and waved off the waiter with a flick of his wrist. 

Must be hard to be a waiter and say no to some. None got 2 dishes together the whole 10 days.

I'll bet that waiter didn't get a 10 on the PCS. 😉

17 minutes ago, scottnkim said:

Just wait til people start putting pool towels down to reserve their seats in the Dining room..... then there will REALLY be an interesting thread.

No, PLEASE, NO cross-pollination of hot button topics on one thread. We could cause a meltdown of emotions, desires, like-to-haves, or never will have agains.

On second thought, that might have already happened.

Carry-on!

🤣

• Haha 2