Website. Sigh.

Sinbadssailors

Chat on the Celebrity Website.

Does it have that feature? I've seen references but can't find it on the site at all

I want to live chat with an agent since I can't do the simplest things on this site.

I want to add details of the second person on the booking. Can't.

Want to pre-pay gratuities. Can't.

It's been 5+ years since my last Celebrity cruise and this is bringing back bad memories of their horrible horrible website.

Hasn't gotten any better with time.

Edited by Sinbadssailors

I believe the answer is yes, but the function on many websites that have it usually only shows up when someone is available to answer it.  You'll need to call in and wait for an agent like everyone else.  Or have your TA do it if you booked through someone.  You are correct that their website today is no better than it was in years' past.  Definitely a frustration with them.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Sinbadssailors said:

Does it have that feature? I've seen references but can't find it on the site at all

I want to live chat with an agent since I can't do the simplest things on this site.

It's been 5+ years since my last Celebrity cruise and this is bringing back bad memories of their horrible horrible website.

I haven't called Celebrity many times but the few times I did, it wasn't that bad.  And I usually work with a travel agent.  Did you have a very long hold time when you called them?

58 minutes ago, Sinbadssailors said:

I was hoping to avoid calling(Princess has been a nightmare since the restart). Good to know it might not be a long wait(albeit to do things I should be able to easily do on my own...).

I booked directly with Celebrity.

Well I'm sure it's convenient to chat but sometimes you just have to pick up the phone.  You can always email the CEO if you are unhappy.  If you think you should be able to do XYZ on celebrity.com, then maybe mention that in your email?

4 hours ago, Sinbadssailors said:

Correct.  To do all those things suggest calling on a weekday morning and doing it on the phone or waiting till on board OR having a tech savvy child or grandchild help you.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Sinbadssailors said:

You can do both those things on their website. (If you just booked the cruise, it may take a day or two for the options to appear...sad but true)

1. Log into the cruise planner.

2. Click on 'Manage Reservation' for the booking you want to edit. (It should be highlighted in blue lettering)

3. Click on 'Reservation Details'  (also highlighted in blue lettering)

You should then see, under your name as first passenger, the letters  TBD  and the words Edit Info next to it. Click on it and add name, etc.

You should also see 'Gratuities'   (sort of in the middle of the screen)  with blue lettered 'Edit Gratuities' next to it.

Hope this works for you...

ETA: By the way, this is using chrome browser on Windows...

Edited by dlh015
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, dlh015 said:

You can do both those things on their website. (If you just booked the cruise, it may take a day or two for the options to appear...sad but true)

1. Log into the cruise planner.

2. Click on 'Manage Reservation' for the booking you want to edit. (It should be highlighted in blue lettering)

3. Click on 'Reservation Details'  (also highlighted in blue lettering)

You should then see, under your name as first passenger, the letters  TBD  and the words Edit Info next to it. Click on it and add name, etc.

You should also see 'Gratuities'   (sort of in the middle of the screen)  with blue lettered 'Edit Gratuities' next to it.

Hope this works for you...

Thank you for the polite and helpful reply.

This was booked six days ago.

I am only able to edit my own information and 'gratuities' has no blue letters anywhere near it.

While I was in 'manage reservation ' yesterday it randomly logged me out. Then my reservation was locked when I tried to log back in. Then it was mysteriously unlocked 5 minutes later.

It shouldn't be this hard or take this long. Or require a phone call in 2023.

Seems to me the Celebrity it department could use a tech savvy child or grandchild 

• Haha 4

36 minutes ago, Sinbadssailors said:

Thank you for the polite and helpful reply.

This was booked six days ago.

I am only able to edit my own information and 'gratuities' has no blue letters anywhere near it.

While I was in 'manage reservation ' yesterday it randomly logged me out. Then my reservation was locked when I tried to log back in. Then it was mysteriously unlocked 5 minutes later.

It shouldn't be this hard or take this long. Or require a phone call in 2023.

Seems to me the Celebrity it department could use a tech savvy child or grandchild 

Yep, sounds like Celebrity IT hard at...work??

Well, I had hoped you would be able to avoid a phone call. As you say, these kinds of things shouldn't require their assistance. One can only imagine how much time would become available for support folks that could be used to help clients with real issues...<sigh>

Good luck and I hope you have a great cruise!

I can’t believe I’m defending Celebrity, but I can see situations where any website only does so much.  None of them will be perfect.  Maybe when everyone runs Chat GPT, we won’t need telephones.

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, zitsky said:

I can’t believe I’m defending Celebrity, but I can see situations where any website only does so much.  None of them will be perfect.  Maybe when everyone runs Chat GPT, we won’t need telephones.

I can see those situations also. But this is functionality that has been available for some time. I just used it twice over the past 3 days to add my DW as a passenger after making a couple of bookings.

For a while there (I started a thread on it some months ago) this functionality and the ability to cancel a reservation was missing for two weeks or more. Then it magically reappeared. That's a change control problem. Something we all know their IT isn't too good at. 

• Like 1