Teenagers causing damage to ship this week

11 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

They won’t raise prices more than they already have because that will start to eliminate more families. Royal is catering more to them otherwise they wouldn’t be building bigger and bigger floating amusement parks.

They will continue to raise prices, until they start to have unused berths

• Like 1

Last night on Wonder, elevator door glass smashed out.  I heard to kids in the elevator talking about who did it, etc.....The elevator had to be taken out of service.  I am quite sure this is more then a $12,000 repair bill.  It is customed painted tempered glass, that has to be custom made and installed by an elevator professional.  Kids were everywhere after 1.  Last night I was laughing at all the kids hiding from security after 1AM, they are told to go back to their rooms and they just relocate, they think its fun to play hide and seek with no repercussions.    They need to be told to go back and if they are caught out again, they will have to stay in their room or get off at the next port.  RC is building ships that attract this and it will continue unless they police it.

• Like 5

15 hours ago, CruisingHogFan said:

We have heard it multiple times this week. I have no idea if that amount is true or not. Seems high to me but there’s been a lot of talk about it.  Those glass panels in the elevators are probably not cheap. I’ve see 2 of them broken personally. 

We were on this cruise

i heard 24.000$ total from a reliable source FN Crazy Kids out everywhere after curfew which I believe is 12:30am 

but not enforced but security 

39 minutes ago, ONECRUISER said:

One reason I enjoy my Aft/Corner Cabin, always been light sleeper, its quiet and nobody walks by my Door in that corner. 

I’ve had several aft cabins in the past, but in recent years I’ve been booking cabins more midship, close to the stairs/elevators, including our upcoming cruise in April. May have to start looking at those aft cabins again. Light sleeper here as well.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, resetjet said:

Last night on Wonder, elevator door glass smashed out.  I heard to kids in the elevator talking about who did it, etc.....The elevator had to be taken out of service.  I am quite sure this is more then a $12,000 repair bill.  It is customed painted tempered glass, that has to be custom made and installed by an elevator professional.  Kids were everywhere after 1.  Last night I was laughing at all the kids hiding from security after 1AM, they are told to go back to their rooms and they just relocate, they think its fun to play hide and seek with no repercussions.    They need to be told to go back and if they are caught out again, they will have to stay in their room or get off at the next port.  RC is building ships that attract this and it will continue unless they police it.

But WHERE ARE THE PARENTS?!?!  I just simply would not let my kids be out roaming the ship at that time of night!  I guess people aren't aware that sexual predators cruise just like the rest of us?  

• Like 5

1 hour ago, RockHoundTX said:

This is a great point. Unfortunately, it goes WAY beyond this. I was at a high school sporting event and listened to a 15yo girl bragging to several other teens about how much money she had made on OnlyFans (an 18+ adult site). Evidently, she had made enough to pay for a new car!!! There is just so much wrong with this situation and it all starts with the parents (or lack there-of).   

Just sickening.  All I can do is pray for our youth.  Social media is just ruining them.

• Like 4

Royal, are you listening?  

Cruiers want more supervision for teens / more authority for crew to stand up to these offenses / consequences for teens or adults who disrupt other people's vacations and destroy property.  

Edited by Mum2Mercury
  • Like 11
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, GalvestonCruiserx3 said:

But WHERE ARE THE PARENTS?!?!  I just simply would not let my kids be out roaming the ship at that time of night!  I guess people aren't aware that sexual predators cruise just like the rest of us?  

Enjoying the Premium Drinks Package....

• Like 7
  • Haha 4

40 minutes ago, voyager70 said:

I’ve had several aft cabins in the past, but in recent years I’ve been booking cabins more midship, close to the stairs/elevators, including our upcoming cruise in April. May have to start looking at those aft cabins again. Light sleeper here as well.

It's nice though feel for those don't have ability walk further or just the convenience being by Elevators/stairs

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mum2Mercury said:

I often keep quiet in my classroom and listen to what kids say during transitions, etc.  I once heard a girl telling another how to get into prostitution /what a great job it is.  She wasn't joking.  I've taught several senior girls who worked as strippers.  

And, yes, social media affects our teens.  When I started teaching, I saw lots of kids who thought they'd be in the NFL or be singers /rappers.  Today they want to be Influencers. 

I have one 9th grader who tells me 9th grade is just too much work; he's going to drop out and go into music.  His grandmother says he has the best voice she's ever heard.  (Yeah, 'cause grandmothers are a reliable source on that topic.)  I asked him how he's going to get jobs, and he looked at me like I have two heads -- you just put a few songs on You Tube and wait for the checks to roll in!  I asked one of my fellow teachers, who is a successful working musician, to talk to him about the business end of that type of work.  The kid thinks that teacher is a liar.  

Oh, I love corner aft cabins.  

Stepmother loved Teaching, was late bloomer starting at 36. She was assigned 3-4 Special issue Kids every yr, was trained dealing with them. But got her 30yrs in and was to the point she needed to Retire, not only the Kids but also the new Teachers who are not same political Views as hers(Why cant we all get along) She Retired 5 months before CV. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GalvestonCruiserx3 said:

I've been on Carnival multiple times and never experienced what you are describing.  But that was before covid, so....it seems like the post-covid world is a different world.  I think I was naive in believing that there would be no long term damage.  We have our first Royal cruise on Allure this summer so we will see I guess.  Sad that people have to behave this way.

And we never did either.  I like Carnival.  I always had fun on their cruises.  Pre covid.  But I also had an interesting experience on the Voyager in December on a 5 day where the adults acted like they had never had food before.  Gluttony x 1000.  I will always point to this cruise as an example of yes, a lot of people DO eat in the buffet for dinner.  Chocolate night was the worst.  I thanked God that he allowed me to be Royal Up'd to a Grand Suite.  I just went to their breakfast to avoid the seagulls and vultures in the WJ.  The 5 day and under cruises probably don't bring out the manners in folks.  And I have 3 more booked on MSC, Carnival and Royal.  😳

14 hours ago, Pika8347 said:

Can you PLEASE share this????

Here you go...

[quote]

This document is to make sure everyone understands the behavior and other expectations we expect everyone to abide by.  If there is a situation not covered here, <Adults> will make the best judgement available that takes everything into consideration.

Sea Pass When we check in at the ship, everyone will be issued a SeaPass card.  This card will be used as the room key, make purchases while on board or on the private islands, and check back into the ship after a port visit.  Each person is responsible for keeping up with their card.

Cell Phones/Tablets We will NOT be purchasing any kind of internet or cellular package for the trip.  Once the ship leaves the dock, it is expected cell phones & tablets will be placed in airplane mode or turned off for the duration of the cruise.  Cellular and wifi connections can and will result in an added charge, which can be substantial.  Families will be responsible for paying any fee incurred.  If families want to pay for an internet package, let <Adults> know and we can book it (and get reimbursed).  Current rate is $12/day, so $96 for the trip.  That allows web browsing, emails, and messenger chat.

Dinner Dinner times will be announced before the trip.  Everyone is expected to be at dinner each night.  Dress, while “casual”, is expected to be a little nicer than what’s normally worn around the ship.  Slacks, collared shirts, skirts, blouses, and sundresses are all appropriate.  There will (probably) be two “Formal” nights for dinner.  This is a chance to dress up a little more if desired (dresses & button down shirts).  

Excursions Excursions will be announced before the trip.  Everyone is expected to attend the excursions, and be ready to leave the cabins at the appropriate time.

Curfew  Royal Caribbean has a strict 1am curfew for those under 17 (unless leaving an RCI designated teen event). (16yo #1) and (16yo #2) will be expected to be back in the cabin at this time.  (18yo #1) and (18yo #2) will be expected back at 2am . Regardless of what time you return to the cabin, if there is a morning excursion the next day, you are expected to be ready to go at the appropriate time.

Spending Account All purchases while on the ship will go on the room account.  There are no allowances to pay with cash or credit card.  Any souvenirs or “extra activities” (escape room, classes (if offered), arcade, etc) will be paid by <adults) and will need to be reimbursed.  The reimbursement can happen each day or at the end of the trip. 

Drinks We will provide everyone with a non-alcoholic drink package.  This means you can go up to any bar and get soda, “virgin” drinks, water, juice, etc.  DO NOT ACCEPT A DRINK FROM ANYONE OTHER THAN A BARTENDER OR WAITER.  <Adults> WILL have alcoholic drinks, but will do so responsibly.

General Behavior Any behavior that disturbs other guests will not be tolerated.  This includes but not limited to pressing all buttons in an elevator before getting off, cutting in line and being loud in cabin hallways/balconies.  Any damage caused to other’s property will be required to be replaced or fixed by those causing the damage. 

Rooms No one other than members of our traveling party are allowed in our rooms without <adults> present.  You are not to go in anyone else’s room at any time. 

Failure to abide by these rules will result in a loss of “freedom” and subject to consequences, up to and including being forced to stay with <adults>.

[/quote]

• Like 13

We were just off navigation, never dawned on us when booking that it’s spring break our kids are older , there was reported 1000 kids on board , other than some running and just kids being loud , all seemed pretty tame ….. what I imagine Disney to be like . Hell LOL

#Cruiselikerickjessop 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Charles4515 said:

Carnival recently issued an advisory to remind their guests to behave as result of an increase in disturbances. 

Yep.  They even issued a video on top of the email reminding guests to behave.  Think it was about a month ago.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, rimmit said:

Yep.  They even issued a video on top of the email reminding guests to behave.  Think it was about a month ago.

They play commercials on in-house television to wash your hands.  They should include one about manners and being kind to property and other people.  Or maybe greet guests with, "Hi, hope your day is going well.  Let's practice kindness".

23 hours ago, Thisguylikestocruise said:

I wish parents would supervise their kids in the Windjammer. Some touch the food directly with their hands, one even used their hand to grab spaghetti 🤮

There are plenty of Adults that need supervision as well.Some are just plain nasty.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, basenji56 said:

Enjoying the Premium Drinks Package....

Probably true.  

2 hours ago, ONECRUISER said:

Stepmother loved Teaching, was late bloomer starting at 36. She was assigned 3-4 Special issue Kids every yr, was trained dealing with them. But got her 30yrs in and was to the point she needed to Retire, not only the Kids but also the new Teachers who are not same political Views as hers(Why cant we all get along) She Retired 5 months before CV. 

Yes, I see the same things.  I just retired after 30 years, but I'm working a couple days a week as a permanent sub, and I'm loving it:  no lesson plans, no grading, no meetings.  I walk in 10 minutes before the first bell and walk out with the kids at 2:15.  I get to work with the kids, see my teacher friends, act as a mentor to the younger teachers ... but I can say NO when it suits me.  I'm only 56, which is way too young to dip my fingers into my savings ... so the bit of extra money is nice.  

27 minutes ago, jptoz said:

There are plenty of Adults that need supervision as well.Some are just plain nasty.

True, but no one would think they need to say, "Please don't break our stuff!"  

Edited by Mum2Mercury
  • Like 2

On 3/18/2023 at 1:35 PM, actuarian said:

A ban for life is not adequate for vandalism or assault. Royal was quite right to force some of them to disembark in Aruba. That will at least cause them to regret their actions, particularly if any of them were traveling with birth certificates instead of passports.

However the parents will find some way to turn it around on the cruise line especially if they didn't have passports.  Oh Royal Caribbean dumped us to find our own way home even though we didn't have passports story at 6. 

• Like 1

On 3/18/2023 at 9:18 AM, rimmit said:

Part of it is also the shifting demographics

When talking with the security onboard RCI, they state they love working RCI than their previous post on CCL as things are so much calmer and significantly less theft, fighting, and and other onboard incidents.  They stated CCL ships came with a brig while RCI ships did not.

I have noticed more and more incidents of vandalism on ships over the last 5-6 years.  I wonder if RCI is now considering a brig in their upcoming ships or maybe they have already converted space and installed them in some refits.

Our first cruise in 2018 was on Anthem and every elevator had the artwork in them defaced!?!  I assume there are cameras in elevators so why people weren't held accountable is beyond me.  So sad.

• Like 2

On 3/18/2023 at 9:46 AM, twinmommy08 said:

Kids 13 and over do not qualify for the promo. It’s full adult rate even on shore excursions. 

I think though many families have youth of a variety of ages.  I agree with the poster for eliminating the kids sail free.  I pay...everyone should pay.

• Like 3

On 3/18/2023 at 10:03 AM, allyfree said:

It's all part of the RCCL culture to turn cruising into a holiday camp afloat ... we are D cruisers who went on Anthem last year (first time on a Quantum class) and hated it. So many of the amenities are geared towards a younger clientele which encourages them to become over-enthusiastic and wild ... and we're by no means old !

We try to cruise while school is in session, but more and more parents pull kids out of school to go on a cruise.  We don't hate kids, but we aren't fond of poorly behaved ones   😞

• Like 4

On 3/18/2023 at 12:53 PM, SE fla said:

It’s all about the person and choices. Adults can act very bad. Try getting in an elevator with one who is having a bad day. 

My sister got shoved in a bathroom on Ovation back in September.  She was in line for a stall and when one opened up the lady behind her gave her a hard push.  She was flabbergasted.  She would have reported it but the lady was gone and it's not like we would spend the rest of our trip looking for the rude shover.

On 3/18/2023 at 3:51 PM, BND said:

Yes, but even that's changing.  Parents have zero problems with taking their kids out of school anytime they feel like it.  Our upcoming Apr 8 cruise on EN is a 12 night and from the roll call, there are a lot of kids that will be onboard.

Makes it difficult to book.  We try to book during the school year.  But it is no guarantee that the ship's kid population will be low.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, cannotfathom said:

I think though many families have youth of a variety of ages.  I agree with the poster for eliminating the kids sail free.  I pay...everyone should pay.

Kids sail free is a genius promotion ... fills cabins during less popular times of year, shows parents that cruising is an easy vacation with children, then the parents will continue to pay after the kids are too old for the promotion.  

No, the promotion isn't the problem.  It's the lack of parental supervision and too lax rules on the part of the cruise line.  

6 minutes ago, cannotfathom said:

We try to cruise while school is in session, but more and more parents pull kids out of school to go on a cruise.  We don't hate kids, but we aren't fond of poorly behaved ones   😞

We only cruise in off-season because we dislike crowds.  When you cruise during kid-season, more cabins have 3-4 in the room, and that adds up to crowds.  

• Like 2