Packing for 15 day Transatlantic

9 minutes ago, Debsdogs4 said:

Packing advice for 15 Transatlantic in October 2023 to Europe on Odessey

I don't think I pack much more than I do for a 7nt.  I send out undies and some of DH's washable shirts for wash and dry.  Hand wash some other things. Drip them in shower and then hang elsewhere to dry,,i.e. balcony.  I have magnetic hooks to use for hangars to attach to walls. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Debsdogs4 said:

Packing advice for 15 Transatlantic in October 2023 to Europe on Odessey

You are actually going the other direction. Low 70s Rome and the first day or two of the cruise then mid to high seventys rest of trip.  Weather warms up as soon a you leave the Med, always found it to be shorts and polos after the first couple of days.  We pack the same as for a seven night cruise makeing use of the laundry bag specials and dry cleaning if needed. Things dry out pretty quickly after the third or forth day if you use the balcony, be sure to bring some towels clips. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I just finished packing for a 15 night RT SF to Hawaii cruise over the weekend.  It's pretty similar to what I packed for the 2022 WB Wonder TA last fall.  Here's what my packing looks like:

IMG_1875.jpeg

IMG_1878.jpeg

IMG_1880.jpeg

IMG_1882.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

we have a 19 day coming up.  The laundry service on board is boil and toast.  seriously, so I won't consider using it as I have with B2b.  So we are just taking 3 suitcases and paying for the extra bag each. You are going to need walking shoes, a jacket that is lined with a water breaker layer to not take more than one jacket.. a sweater to layer... all with bathing suit, dinner wear... bring three slacks of the same color and 5 shirts... wash them in your tub. Hang dry.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, nimbex1970 said:

we have a 19 day coming up.  The laundry service on board is boil and toast.  seriously, so I won't consider using it as I have with B2b.  So we are just taking 3 suitcases and paying for the extra bag each. You are going to need walking shoes, a jacket that is lined with a water breaker layer to not take more than one jacket.. a sweater to layer... all with bathing suit, dinner wear... bring three slacks of the same color and 5 shirts... wash them in your tub. Hang dry.  

They do offer dry cleaning, priced no more than at home. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Teeara said:

I just finished packing for a 15 night RT SF to Hawaii cruise over the weekend.  It's pretty similar to what I packed for the 2022 WB Wonder TA last fall.  Here's what my packing looks like:

Good job Theresa. I leave Wed. for Sydney for my 54 night adventure on Ovation. 1 large and 1 med suitcase packed full. Love packing cubes for sure. Have fun!

• Like 3

First experience with vacuum storage bags last year for Barcelona transatlantic. All but dress clothes were able to be compressed; including my favorite plush throw blanket. 

Only 3 pair of shoes: dress, walking, and knock-around. 

Made use of laundry onboard for whites mostly. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, goldfish65 said:

First experience with vacuum storage bags last year for Barcelona transatlantic. All but dress clothes were able to be compressed; including my favorite plush throw blanket. 

Only 3 pair of shoes: dress, walking, and knock-around. 

Made use of laundry onboard for whites mostly. 

Would someone please explain how these compression bags away from home.  Do you just push the air out or what?

• Like 1

They come with a compact pump. A bit more work than using your home vacuum. We bought an extra bag in Barcelona for our shopping, so we had more capacity for our stuff overall, as well, and didn't "recompress" everything. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, TheBucketLister said:

So how does that work when you leave?  I mean since you more than likely don't have a vacuum on the ship that you can use? Is it a manual pump?  

Borrow Henry from your steward

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, Teeara said:

IMG_1875.jpeg

IMG_1878.jpeg

IMG_1880.jpeg

IMG_1882.jpeg

Is that 20+ tops for a 15 day cruise? 😨

14 hours ago, crzndeb said:

Good job Theresa. I leave Wed. for Sydney for my 54 night adventure on Ovation. 1 large and 1 med suitcase packed full. Love packing cubes for sure. Have fun!

Oh Deb I'm sooooo envious of you right now!  Have a fantastic time and good for you!

4 hours ago, ilovesparky13 said:

Is that 20+ tops for a 15 day cruise? 😨

Yes, but remember that I'm flying in a few days ahead of time as well as flying home the day after the cruise. I pack 2 sparkly shirts for our formal nights and 3-4 dressier shirts for dinner that I alternate during the cruise.  I pack 2 pairs of slacks for dinner and evening activities as well as a pair of chiffon pants for the formal nights.  

Edited by Teeara

I just bought new compression cubes that don't need any hose.  Those are the ones with the print on them.  I don't know if I would call them compression, but rather "expandable" since they have zippers around them so you can fit more in them.  I have to say that I was very impressed with them.  Perfect for the smaller items.  I got them from Amazon, although it looks like they might only be selling the 4 set instead of the 6 set that I purchased now.  Here are links to both.

4 Set Compression Packing Cubes

6 Set Compression Packing Cubes

They're very lightweight, but they zipped up nicely and felt pretty good.  They aren't as sturdy as my Eagle Creeks (the black and purple ones below).  My shoe bags were from Weight Watchers and they are the best shoe bags I've ever owned.

IMG_1878.jpeg

Edited by Teeara
  • Like 1

It's not the space, but the weight for many people on a cruise with airlines?  If two of us are going on a 15 day trip, we would each have a 50lb bag, and a carry-on bag each.  If I really needed it, I would just bring a second 50lb bag, and pay the airline fee for it, before I pay the cruise line to destroy my clothes.  Outside of that, remember to wear each item more than once, the temps will not be that hot, and you won't be sweating in it.  Basically 15 underwear, and a 7 day supply of clothing and that is plenty